Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #3,001 of 11,678
Quote:

Love it!

Now, allow me (and do forgive for attempting) my own 'creative' thing here now out of your own creativity, as your pic reminded me of the cover of an album I love, "Damage", which has at least 3 tracks of real music on it. The original edition of this live recording has been discontinued for a number of years (second pic, obviously)… and the latter and current version of it is different in more ways than one.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/The+First+Day/4iV54I?src=5 (uniquely stunning on the 160Xs)

Your (edited) photo would have made a great cover indeed!!

(For the record, this song was made for the PF IX's)

Aug 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #3,002 of 11,678
Aug 25, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #3,005 of 11,678
Looks like we've got some new members with decent cams in the FAD club, so woodcans is going to face more competition.

Great pictures everyone!  :smile_phones:

Speaking of pics, I present to you the FAD Heaven R "Aging"  :wink:

And speaking of jazz, here's one of the musically & visually finest concerts I've ever seen on YouTube:
Ok I'm a rock n roll guy and I watched and listened to this , unfortunately I don't have any of these earphones but I listened with my w4r's and wow they are so good. Very talented. And I think she has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. She gave me goose bumps listening to her. I think I need to load my ipod with some jazz just like that. I loved it'!! Thanks so much. Not for just posting that , but for turning me on to this wow I'm hooked lol. Could you or anyone please give me some names of artists that I can put on my ipod please. Thank you so much!! Again wow what a beautiful voice:):):)

Aug 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #3,006 of 11,678
Quote:
Ok I'm a rock n roll guy and I watched and listened to this , unfortunately I don't have any of these earphones but I listened with my w4r's and wow they are so good. Very talented. And I think she has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. She gave me goose bumps listening to her. I think I need to load my ipod with some jazz just like that. I loved it'!! Thanks so much. Not for just posting that , but for turning me on to this wow I'm hooked lol. Could you or anyone please give me some names of artists that I can put on my ipod please. Thank you so much!! Again wow what a beautiful voice:)
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, glad you liked it! The name of the singer is Melody Gardot. And for the rest, just click this YouTube link, then scroll down to where it says "Published on May 23, 2013 ..." and click on "Show more".
smile_phones.gif

Also, there's a good chance that you might like Stacey Kent and Luisa Sobral too.

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #3,007 of 11,678
well...i finally joined as a "junior member" of this FAD crowd with the Heaven V's...

Hopefully, this will be a close approximation of the PF series to wet my appetite!

By the way, for other fellow Canucks - I did end up using Tenso and will give me final opinion shortly

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #3,008 of 11,678
Hey, glad you liked it! The name of the singer is Melody Gardot. And for the rest, just click this YouTube link, then scroll down to where it says "Published on May 23, 2013 ..." and click on "Show more". :smile_phones:

Also, there's a good chance that you might like Stacey Kent and Luisa Sobral too.
Awesome thank you. Yes I loved it. I liked it when buddy playing the sax was at one time playing two at the same time. Very talented. The cello player,, I may have spelled that wrong. Lol anyways he is very good too loved it. And I will check all them out. She does have a very good voice. Very strong when needed too. Just have to say wow. I think I found a new type of music that I'm going to defenitly explorer. Thank you :)

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #3,009 of 11,678
Quote:

And speaking of jazz, here's one of the musically & visually finest concerts I've ever seen on YouTube:

Thanks for posting that, James.

Didn't enjoy the first 20 mins at all, not one bit — this is what I often find with plenty of jazz: good/excellent musicianship / technique, but a serious lack of music / substance. The next 20 mins, however, that's where the musical juice was to be found in this particular performance, IMO — really, really enjoyed that. The last 20 mins were not exactly like the first 20 as there were good moments here and there but, by and large, still music that lacked, er, music.

You may remember last year I posted a link to this piece—a piece I know you also enjoy—, to me this is an example of both excellent musicianship and substance / music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74dPldwWSuc

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #3,013 of 11,678
They got balls! Haha made me laugh :) the FAD are much prettier

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #3,014 of 11,678
Quote:
Looks like the pair I see hanging off redneck trucks.

Ahh, such poor taste — just how crass can one get, I wonder? Oh yes, all that sleazy Van Halen stuff does seem to have an effect on some people. Me thinks Mr SGS is simply a little jealous because he ain't got his own a pair of PFs — he ain't got what it takes to own a pair!

(btw, is that the 1p2 in that photo?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back