Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #3,018 of 11,665
The only Heaven VH Edition in existence (my pair) will never land in your hands, unless you mend your ways, get a pair of 160Xs first, AND show some class...... if only a little.

Aug 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #3,020 of 11,665
Quote:

Love it!

Now, allow me (and do forgive for attempting) my own 'creative' thing here now out of your own creativity, as your pic reminded me of the cover of an album I love, "Damage", which has at least 3 tracks of real music on it. The original edition of this live recording has been discontinued for a number of years (second pic, obviously)… and the latter and current version of it is different in more ways than one.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/The+First+Day/4iV54I?src=5 (uniquely stunning on the 160Xs)

Your (edited) photo would have made a great cover indeed!!

Wow. 
music, could you let me know how I'd get my hands on this album? (edit: digitally)
Or is that an unfortunately lost cause?

Aug 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #3,021 of 11,665
Quote:
Wow. 
music, could you let me know how I'd get my hands on this album? (edit: digitally)
Or is that an unfortunately lost cause?

Doing a search I came up with this one copy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005NDVK/ref=dp_olp_collectible?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible

It is indeed the original 1994 release and, though the photo in the link shows the current cover, the real thing (they're selling) looks like this (with the black & red cover I posted yesterday found inside):

(click on photo)

Aug 25, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #3,022 of 11,665
Quote:

Doing a search I came up with this one copy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005NDVK/ref=dp_olp_collectible?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible

It is indeed the original 1994 release and, though the photo in the link shows the current cover, the real thing (they're selling) looks like this (with the black & red cover I posted yesterday found inside):

Much appreciated!

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #3,023 of 11,665
So far the Piano Forte IXs have been impressing me more and more with every suitable song they reproduce.
Only gripe: after 3-4 hours my ears get REALLY uncomfortable... Must be the weight of the IXs.

Have begun wearing them over the ear, will see how that goes.

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #3,024 of 11,665
http://www.head-fi.org/t/678735/mint-condition-final-audio-design-piano-forte-x-cc-one-of-best-in-world

:| that price.

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #3,026 of 11,665
Quote:
is it a good price?

Seeing as they're like 2/3 of the price new, I'd say... Yes?
I'd definitely have bought those if I hadn't bought the IX.
You jumping on the train bro? Saw your KAEDE in the FS forums 
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #3,027 of 11,665
Not bad. I think Musica has the X for 2K+? I wouldn't ever buy a PF without demoing it for first though. You might run into fit issues, and that's not even getting into the unusual sound signature lol

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #3,028 of 11,665
Quote:

Seeing as they're like 2/3 of the price new, I'd say... Yes?
I'd definitely have bought those if I hadn't bought the IX.
You jumping on the train bro? Saw your KAEDE in the FS forums 
biggrin.gif

Haha I don't know. I'm in a gear rolling phase. I have all my gear, save my customs, on the FS forums now. That itchy feeling of changing gears. PF, FitEar, Tralucent. They're all fair game.
Quote:
Not bad. I think Musica has the X for 2K+? I wouldn't ever buy a PF without demoing it for first though. You might run into fit issues, and that's not even getting into the unusual sound signature lol

The PF was a bit too heavy for me. But I did like the airyness. It was also interesting, the PF I demoed was somehow factory recabled? I think they recabled it with a more durable silver cable or something. 

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #3,029 of 11,665
Evening in with the PF's and a nice bottle of red wine

Alandra, a nice affordable Portuguese wine, that's one thing the Portuguese are good at, making wine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back