Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 30, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #811 of 4,817
Hi,

i hope everyone is safe.

I just wanted to ask has anyone of you experienced that the slider is being loose? i have seen one Youtube video showing that a little bit of shake the driver itself slides down.

Thank you.

Whill
No

May 31, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #814 of 4,817
nope

Jun 1, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #815 of 4,817
Hi,

i hope everyone is safe.

I just wanted to ask has anyone of you experienced that the slider is being loose? i have seen one Youtube video showing that a little bit of shake the driver itself slides down.

Thank you.

Whill
Had mine about 15 months and it's still absolutely fine. Have you got a screw loose?

Jun 2, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #816 of 4,817
Thank you for all of your replies.

I am planning on purchasing the Pro Edition, I was got concerned on one review in YouTube that shows that the sliding mechanism is already loose.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #817 of 4,817
I finally got my Final D8000 Pro, in black.
Not only do these headphones look gorgeous (they are heavy, ok, but I manage to listen to music for several hours without discomfort) and the sound coming off of these headphones is plain bombastic.
How do you feel about burn-in? I think they are just a tiny little bit "rough around the edges" but I believe the sound will smooth-out after 50 hours or so.
The soundstage is very nice, not too large, which enables you to pinpoint every instrument. At times I feel it is almost holographic, when I play complicated electronic music.
I truly believe I have arrived at my endgame headphones.

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #818 of 4,817
Balanced final silver cables are special order which your dealer can order. I bought a 2.5mm TRRS silver cable and it took about three weeks to get since final builds to order.
My Final's are still "burning in" and in the meantime I wonder what kind of experience people have with balanced cables for the D8000?
I own the Questyle 12 CMA which delivers a bit more current going balanced.
What silver cable would be reasonable priced for the D8000?
Does anybody know how much an original 3 m Final silver cable comes?
And what about Norne?

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #819 of 4,817
I didnt noticed much difference before or after using it for 8 months.

Jun 4, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #820 of 4,817
My Final's are still "burning in" and in the meantime I wonder what kind of experience people have with balanced cables for the D8000?
I own the Questyle 12 CMA which delivers a bit more current going balanced.
What silver cable would be reasonable priced for the D8000?
Does anybody know how much an original 3 m Final silver cable comes?
And what about Norne?

The 3m final silver cable retails for $649, but for balanced (2.5mm TRRS, XLR) the price is $30 extra. When I owned the Utopia, I used a Norne Silver Draug and liked it quite a bit, very flexible too. If you go with another brand other than final, you will need to get the proprietary locking connectors although I’ve read others used non-locking connectors that fit the D8000. You can order the final connectors from your dealer.

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #821 of 4,817
As someone who owns the D8000 and reviewed the Pro version in a comparison, I wouldn’t characterize the Pro as better, but different. The reason for the $500 difference in retail is due to the inclusion of the final Silver OFC cable with the Pro. As an aside, I do strongly recommend the Silver cable since it does improve the sound noticeably, in my view.

As many know, the D8000 was not designed for heavy bass music played at loud levels since the drivers hit the magnets causing distortion. The Pro was introduced to remedy this situation, especially for sound engineers, hence the Pro nomenclature. Final changed the tuning with the Pro where the midrange was bumped up in order to increase the perceived loudness of play thus reducing the incident of the drivers hitting the magnets with bassy music, and if you’d like a more prominent midrange, then you should consider the Pro.

As to your comment about the D8000 sounding great at low volume levels, I fully agree. The Pro sounds great at low levels too.
Hmm this is concerning to me because I like my music louder than most (from what people tell me lol) what is too loud o believe I listen around 80db-90db

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #822 of 4,817
Yeah the drivers hits the magnet but at very high volume 95db+.
D8000 are still my TOTL headphones afrer hearing some top tier headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back