Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 9, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #781 of 4,852
The main reason is I prefer the Final Be to the Focal Be. The A8000 sounds more transparent and less colored than the Utopia.
By "less colored" you mean even less sub bass and thinner sounding than the Utopia ?

Apr 9, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #782 of 4,852
The main reason is I prefer the Final Be to the Focal Be. The A8000 sounds more transparent and less colored than the Utopia.

I agree about the transparency of the A8000, just phenomenal! By far the best IEM I’ve owned or listened to. My previous reference was the 64 Audio tia Fourte.

Apr 10, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #784 of 4,852
I would say less mid bass and thinner mid-range.
Well to me the Utopia lacked sub bass and mids were pretty neutral. Hence if what you wished then the utopia would have no sub bass , no mid bass , no mids. What are your styles of music for your headphone ?

Apr 10, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #785 of 4,852
I’m thinking of addon headphones to Diana. In my view it was 1266 or Susvara, and now I’m really interested in d8000pro. I like the sound signature of A8000, as for me they’re the best DD iems nowadays.

Apr 10, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #786 of 4,852
Officially they have a diagram which indicates the D8000 sound is open, looser, the Pro is surrounded, tighter and the A8000 is a "neutral" one in between. But frankly I would say the sound of the A8000 is too different to be comparable. The D8000s both lack the captivating transparency and swiftness of the A8000, while the good point is they are lush and musical.

Apr 12, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #787 of 4,852
Hi everyone! I just got the D8000 Pro a few days ago. If I’m being honest, it took me several hours to really appreciate what I was hearing. But now that I do, I absolutely love the D8000 Pro. My only gripe is the 3m cable. I haven’t tried the shorter black cable, primarily because it’s copper and not as aesthetically pleasing.

I’d like to get a Norne Audio Silvergarde but not sure about the terminations. Alternatively, I was thinking to order the 1.5m silver plated cable from Final but I can’t seem to find it with 2.5mm TRRS.

Does anyone have any suggestions for cable swapping? I’m especially interested in about how Norne or other ”premium“ cables pair with the D8000 Pro. Thanks in advance.

Apr 12, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #788 of 4,852
Hi everyone! I just got the D8000 Pro a few days ago. If I’m being honest, it took me several hours to really appreciate what I was hearing. But now that I do, I absolutely love the D8000 Pro. My only gripe is the 3m cable. I haven’t tried the shorter black cable, primarily because it’s copper and not as aesthetically pleasing.

I’d like to get a Norne Audio Silvergarde but not sure about the terminations. Alternatively, I was thinking to order the 1.5m silver plated cable from Final but I can’t seem to find it with 2.5mm TRRS.

Does anyone have any suggestions for cable swapping? I’m especially interested in about how Norne or other ”premium“ cables pair with the D8000 Pro. Thanks in advance.
Mine came with three cables. You could cut the long cable and have two out of one.

Apr 12, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #789 of 4,852
Mine came with three cables. You could cut the long cable and have two out of one.
I wasn’t so lucky. I bought mine second hand but they’re pretty minty. I think I’ll buy another cable (if I can) rather than cutting this one.

Apr 20, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #790 of 4,852
Hi all,

I'm using D8000 since last year and have several times switched cables to others to adapt for balanced amp.

I have since this morning the cable with left entry blocked in the headphone and cant remove it, I dont want to force and wonder if someone exeprienced same issue and found a way to extract teh cable?

I know theres a lock and again Im used to it, but cable still stay in the headphone and I cant extract it,

Cheers

Vincent,

Apr 20, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #791 of 4,852
Hi all,

I'm using D8000 since last year and have several times switched cables to others to adapt for balanced amp.

I have since this morning the cable with left entry blocked in the headphone and cant remove it, I dont want to force and wonder if someone exeprienced same issue and found a way to extract teh cable?

I know theres a lock and again Im used to it, but cable still stay in the headphone and I cant extract it,

Cheers

Vincent,

That doesn’t sound good. Can’t really understand that happening unless some type of foreign matter is preventing the twist lock from working. Is it really hot where you are? Metal expands under such conditions, I believe.

Apr 20, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #792 of 4,852

Balanced final silver cables are special order which your dealer can order. I bought a 2.5mm TRRS silver cable and it took about three weeks to get since final builds to order.

Apr 24, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #793 of 4,852
Norne made me a cable using long 3.5mm connectors. Ordered draug sc3.

Apr 29, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #794 of 4,852
New review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back