Jul 10, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 4,819
Just arrived at our office ready for CanJam London this weekend:

IMG_20170710_103137-01.jpeg

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #4 of 4,819
Jul 10, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #5 of 4,819
final production unite ?
any thoughts on sound ?
Thanks

Prototype, a little dark sounding, good air but not a huge soundstage. They will appeal to a lot of people, however I personally like good treble (AKA Hifiman HE6) and the treble isn't as up front on these.

One big bonus, they can be driven quite easily with a normal DAP, again I have not listened to them extensively, but they are very good so far.

Jul 10, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #6 of 4,819
Closed or Open?

Jul 22, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #8 of 4,819
They don't look so good in the prototype version, hope they'll come up with a nice looking housing. I love Finals and am mostly looking forward for a closed version of these. Sound isolating. ANC possibly, for an airplane :wink:

Jul 24, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #9 of 4,819
They don't look so good in the prototype version, hope they'll come up with a nice looking housing. I love Finals and am mostly looking forward for a closed version of these. Sound isolating. ANC possibly, for an airplane :wink:

ANC is a no go for audiophile headphones, but the headband will be different and whatnot.

They may come out with a closed back portable model, but I don't know yet. Their new Planar technology means it's possible, as the prototype are really easy to drive.

Jul 24, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #10 of 4,819
Unfortunately listening to almost any audiophile headphones on the plane is already a no-go :wink: The loudness of surroundings interferes so much with the sound, that it is no matter wheter one has high-end headphones or not. I don't know why is it so that audiophiles are so anti-ANC, especially if it may be turned off - and used only for travel.

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #11 of 4,819
Unfortunately listening to almost any audiophile headphones on the plane is already a no-go :wink: The loudness of surroundings interferes so much with the sound, that it is no matter wheter one has high-end headphones or not. I don't know why is it so that audiophiles are so anti-ANC, especially if it may be turned off - and used only for travel.

I've yet to hear a headphone that sounds good with ANC, thats my issue. For plane use, I use custom IEM's.

Jul 25, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #12 of 4,819
I've yet to hear a headphone that sounds good with ANC, thats my issue. For plane use, I use custom IEM's.

Maybe that's because all of them are consumer class headphones up to $500. I'd love to hear my Sonorous X with an external ANC module. They already work quite well on a plane (thanks to metal housing), but an external ANC... that would be a killer. That's an offtopic though. Thank you for your thoughts.

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #14 of 4,819
Saw the headphones at the Hong Kong High-end Audio Visual Show yesterday, they are officially named the D8000. Also promo images all over the booth so I assume this will be the final design,
cn2m232mohfz.jpg

They are very different to the prototype we have, I know they are going to have more than one Planar model so it could one of those. I do not think that is the final design either.

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #15 of 4,819
They are very different to the prototype we have, I know they are going to have more than one Planar model so it could one of those. I do not think that is the final design either.
I see. Well I suppose this is very close to the final design, since they have promo photos for it done already:
ukhJAkc

edit: I'm not sure how to embed pics here from imgur, here's the actual link: http://imgur.com/ukhJAkc

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back