1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Bloos, Apr 27, 2017.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. Bloos
    Final Audio is coming out with a new PLANAR MAGNETIC headphone!
    I'd like to see a thread with updates to this upcoming product, so I made one.
    All that seems to be currently known is that it's scheduled to be released in September of this year.

Picture:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BTWiADglpm7/
    -final audio's instagram

ikonexaudio likes this.
  2. Bloos
    Hope to see pricing info soon!

3. Oscar-HiFi
    Just arrived at our office ready for CanJam London this weekend:

IMG_20170710_103137-01.jpeg

DancingShade and Zoide like this.
  4. GU1DO
    final production unite ?
    any thoughts on sound ?
    Thanks

5. Oscar-HiFi
    Prototype, a little dark sounding, good air but not a huge soundstage. They will appeal to a lot of people, however I personally like good treble (AKA Hifiman HE6) and the treble isn't as up front on these.

One big bonus, they can be driven quite easily with a normal DAP, again I have not listened to them extensively, but they are very good so far.

DancingShade, Zoide and GU1DO like this.
  6. Silent Xaxal
    Closed or Open?

7. Oscar-HiFi
    Open

Zoide likes this.
  8. Piotr Michalak
    They don't look so good in the prototype version, hope they'll come up with a nice looking housing. I love Finals and am mostly looking forward for a closed version of these. Sound isolating. ANC possibly, for an airplane :wink:

9. Oscar-HiFi
    ANC is a no go for audiophile headphones, but the headband will be different and whatnot.

They may come out with a closed back portable model, but I don't know yet. Their new Planar technology means it's possible, as the prototype are really easy to drive.

10. Piotr Michalak
    Unfortunately listening to almost any audiophile headphones on the plane is already a no-go :wink: The loudness of surroundings interferes so much with the sound, that it is no matter wheter one has high-end headphones or not. I don't know why is it so that audiophiles are so anti-ANC, especially if it may be turned off - and used only for travel.

11. Oscar-HiFi
    I've yet to hear a headphone that sounds good with ANC, thats my issue. For plane use, I use custom IEM's.

12. Piotr Michalak
    Maybe that's because all of them are consumer class headphones up to $500. I'd love to hear my Sonorous X with an external ANC module. They already work quite well on a plane (thanks to metal housing), but an external ANC... that would be a killer. That's an offtopic though. Thank you for your thoughts.

Oscar-HiFi likes this.
  13. holyco
    Saw the headphones at the Hong Kong High-end Audio Visual Show yesterday, they are officially named the D8000. Also promo images all over the booth so I assume this will be the final design,
    [​IMG]

14. Oscar-HiFi
    They are very different to the prototype we have, I know they are going to have more than one Planar model so it could one of those. I do not think that is the final design either.

holyco likes this.
  15. holyco
    I see. Well I suppose this is very close to the final design, since they have promo photos for it done already:
    [​IMG]
    edit: I'm not sure how to embed pics here from imgur, here's the actual link: http://imgur.com/ukhJAkc

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Oscar-HiFi likes this.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last