1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Bloos, Apr 27, 2017.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. Oscar-HiFi
    In theory they could make a planar IEM too with the new technology, we have a whole presentation from Final about this new tech which I will try and upload for you guys :)

DancingShade and ToroFiestaSol like this.
  2. ToroFiestaSol
    Thanks! Not all heroes wear capes :clap:

3. ToroFiestaSol
    Where's that beautiful presentation? :wink:

Oscar-HiFi likes this.
  4. ToroFiestaSol
    Nothing yet? :frowning2:

PS: Some pictures I've found using google:

This, D8000 is the 3K € one mentioned in this thread? Pictured next to the Sonorous VIII

[​IMG]

This looks like it could be a prototype of one of the cheaper models (?), looks awesome

[​IMG]

This prototype also looks stunning

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  5. Oscar-HiFi
    Just trying to get the OK from final to post it up, as it has a lot of technical info on it... Sorry :frowning2:

ToroFiestaSol likes this.
  6. ToroFiestaSol
    Don't worry, it's just the inner kid on me, prototypes look so nice, like a fine work of art, that makes me lose patience hahaha :wink:

Oscar-HiFi likes this.
  7. Oscar-HiFi
    Well here is a nice pic of the innards of our prototype we have in the office :) it does not have the sound of the final version though.

IMG_20170913_153938-01.jpeg

DancingShade and ToroFiestaSol like this.
  8. ToroFiestaSol
    Looks awesome :)

What do you think of the sound?

9. Oscar-HiFi
    They are not the final tuning so the retail version will likely sound quite different. They are too warm for my tastes, but they are really easy to driver and very smooth.

10. ToroFiestaSol
    Those are great news!
    The too warm thing is what their past, polarizing headphones sounded like from what I've read, if the official final version will sound quite different, there are a lot of chances of a neutral sound tuning happening, and that would be awesome :o2smile:

11. Oscar-HiFi
    I'm hoping for more air and sparkle which I think the final version will have :D

12. ToroFiestaSol
    11/10 aesthetics :wink:

[​IMG]

13. FastAndClean
    i love the raw industrial look

14. bronco1015
    just got in from my flight back from RMAF, where I listened to the D8000 for probably close to 2 hours. Oh my gosh i'm a fan! I didn't know till i'd done a majority of my listening that they were going to be $3800:frowning2: heres some bits of info from a conversation I had with the U.S. representative and another rep. 60 Ohms, so they are indeed easy to drive as has been mentioned. They will come with***1 3.5MM cable, 1 6.35 cable and a headphone stand. Didn't get cable lengths. They'll be released within a month or so. Also, I didn't read the 6moons link from several posts back, but from the comments people have made about things it hints at or mentiones, sounds like it might match up pretty well with some things I heard today. Which is that within a year there may be an on-ear version, a mor mid priced model and one around the $500 price point. all tuned with ideas taken from this D8000

15. ToroFiestaSol
    That's nice to know, thanks!!!
    Btw, how do you find the sound? Are they the planar Jesus? the planar Nighthawk? Neutral?

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last