Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 16, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #4,756 of 4,824
Actually, after speaking to Final Audio, they told me that one of the main differentiators between the pro and the LE are the H pads.

I don’t find any siblilance using the H pads.
My ears are too delicate for sibilances, I prefer dark sounding while keeping detail but I'm experiencing a new sound in less than 24h so I need to adapt first before any serious judgments

I like it a lot so far and it takes 3 minutes to replace the pads ^^

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #4,759 of 4,824
In comfort so far
:astonished::astonished::astonished: That's 50% of the whole game, if I am not comfortable wearing it, damn..it ruins enjoyment of relaxed listening.
And that's the first rule for designing things you should use and wear...if not, then you have a failed product!
Also.., the sound is even a bit thicker and better for me than the stock pads.

Yup...some love spicy food...some don't :)

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #4,760 of 4,824
:astonished::astonished::astonished: That's 50% of the whole game, if I am not comfortable wearing it, damn..it ruins enjoyment of relaxed listening.
And that's the first rule for designing things you should use and wear...if not, then you have a failed product!
Also.., the sound is even a bit thicker and better for me than the stock pads.

Yup...some love spicy food...some don't :)
100% Agree, always spicy ofc

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #4,763 of 4,824
I just installed H pads and instantly feel it less dark sounding than w F pads, bass quality and quantity still there (V281)

At the edge of sibilance with H pads to my ears, need to try G asap and also with HA-6A

I think H pads would not really suit Pro at all.
So you installed H pads on your D8K (not the Pro)? "at the edge of sibilance" ... that's not good.

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #4,764 of 4,824
So you installed H pads on your D8K (not the Pro)? "at the edge of sibilance" ... that's not good.
There’s no sibilance. No one is more prone to sibilance than me and there is zero when I listen to it.

I like the G pad, but after putting on the H pads, they have everything you like about the G, but without the bass muddying up the rest of the sound. The F pads just make everything sound thin.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #4,765 of 4,824
There’s no sibilance. No one is more prone to sibilance than me and there is zero when I listen to it.

I like the G pad, but after putting on the H pads, they have everything you like about the G, but without the bass muddying up the rest of the sound. The F pads just make everything sound thin.
Well, I guess I have no choice but to buy a pair of H pads. Audio46 is out of stock. Not sure if anyone else here sells them.

It's only 3-4 days since I bought my last obsessive audio trinket ... so it's time.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #4,766 of 4,824
We have a wait for the H pads. I wanted to get a second pair based on the fact that I ripped the G pads taking them off.

They aren’t available anywhere. FA said that they are not currently available because they’re being used on the new d7000 and then at some point they’ll be back available again for sale.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #4,767 of 4,824
I cannot say sibilant because it was a dramatic change to my ears, been abusing D8K since I received them and swapping the pads was like getting the Pro's again

I've been 4 hours with them already and they aren't sibilant but I'm getting more detail than with F pads and my first impression was that one

The darker signature of F pads ain't dislikable at all to my ears since I'm getting plenty of detail with the Pro's already

We have a wait for the H pads. I wanted to get a second pair based on the fact that I ripped the G pads taking them off.

They aren’t available anywhere. FA said that they are not currently available because they’re being used on the new d7000 and then at some point they’ll be back available again for sale.
I did rip them as well the first time changing G to G for my Pros u.u....... I have learnt the right way now hahaha

The H pads have the best feeling I've ever experienced over the skin with any type of pad, it is perfection. (Found them in UK shop for over 110€)

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #4,768 of 4,824
It is hard to get the H pads but I got mine for $100 on final’s Japanese website, it’s always in stock there. I buy most of their accessories from cables to pads from there. It’s cheaper with the yen conversion now. Just need a shipping service or friend to ship outside of the country.

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #4,770 of 4,824
It is hard to get the H pads but I got mine for $100 on final’s Japanese website, it’s always in stock there. I buy most of their accessories from cables to pads from there. It’s cheaper with the yen conversion now. Just need a shipping service or friend to ship outside of the country.
I'm on Final's Japanese website & have the H pads in the cart. But when I go to enter my address, the autofill (only) country shown is Japan. I don't think they intend to ship these to the U.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back