Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 22, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #4,786 of 4,847
After a 3 month separation, my D8000pro LE is back and it's now a limited limited since it's the first LE (that I know) to receive a Washi headband from the D7000.

I think it's more fancy than the Leather headband and way way more confortable.

IMG20240422122840.jpg
IMG20240422122911.jpg

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #4,787 of 4,847
After a 3 month separation, my D8000pro LE is back and it's now a limited limited since it's the first LE (that I know) to receive a Washi headband from the D7000.

I think it's more fancy than the Leather headband and way way more confortable.

IMG20240422122840.jpgIMG20240422122911.jpg
Stunning

Apr 22, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #4,788 of 4,847
I always used a Lavri Grand w elongated plugs with my D8Kpro. I shared this cable with a SolP which has "Grand" adapters.
Some pages back someone reported some damaged female plugs of his Final HP. So I decided to get an AC Talos V2 for my D8Kpro... one cable per HP so there won't be any need to unplug it all the time.

Loocks nice, doesn't it?
IMG_20240422_145028~2.jpg

no microphonics, weave, splitter and those matching cherry HP connectors look certainly great.

But definitely not a fan of ACs choice of elongated plugs. Judge for yourself!
Choosing such a solution? I mean the wood should be flush with or 1mm away from the opening...
IMG_20240422_150719~2.jpg

🤔 🧐 🤨
Lavris elongated 3,5s are more elegant and disappear inside the opening of the Final's!

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #4,792 of 4,847
Nah. First and foremost the OG has incredible bass, which unfortunately can overpower the sound and take away some of that resolution. The OG is my favorite.

It’s still may be a meaningful upgrade for you, but I don’t find the description you gave to be accurate. At least to me personally.

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #4,793 of 4,847
Nah. First and foremost the OG has incredible bass, which unfortunately can overpower the sound and take away some of that resolution. The OG is my favorite.

It’s still may be a meaningful upgrade for you, but I don’t find the description you gave to be accurate. At least to me personally.
Would you say using the H pads helps dampen the bass and bring up the resolution? I have only used those pads on the OG d8k and for me, it is just the right amount of bass. Though I would like a little more forward mids.

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #4,795 of 4,847
I always used a Lavri Grand w elongated plugs with my D8Kpro. I shared this cable with a SolP which has "Grand" adapters.
Some pages back someone reported some damaged female plugs of his Final HP. So I decided to get an AC Talos V2 for my D8Kpro... one cable per HP so there won't be any need to unplug it all the time.

Loocks nice, doesn't it?
IMG_20240422_145028~2.jpg
no microphonics, weave, splitter and those matching cherry HP connectors look certainly great.

But definitely not a fan of ACs choice of elongated plugs. Judge for yourself!
Choosing such a solution? I mean the wood should be flush with or 1mm away from the opening...
IMG_20240422_150719~2.jpg
🤔 🧐 🤨
Lavris elongated 3,5s are more elegant and disappear inside the opening of the Final's!
Those are gorgeous, how are the differences between the stock silver cable and these arctic ones in terms of stiffness and microphonics? I am debating getting either a final silver cable or getting one made by arctic.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #4,797 of 4,847
The H pads does exactly as what you said.
What would you say is the best headphone to complement the D8k OG? I mostly listen to movie soundtracks like hans zimmer or female vocal orchestral music with lots of pianos and string instruments. I thought about the caldera but it seems a little too similar, the elites are another option. I have the atriums but was just wondering whats out there, besides just trying out the D8k LE model.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #4,798 of 4,847
What would you say is the best headphone to complement the D8k OG? I mostly listen to movie soundtracks like hans zimmer or female vocal orchestral music with lots of pianos and string instruments. I thought about the caldera but it seems a little too similar, the elites are another option. I have the atriums but was just wondering whats out there, besides just trying out the D8k LE model.
HD800s perhaps?

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #4,799 of 4,847
I have both the D8000 and the Utopia, and they complement each other well.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #4,800 of 4,847
Those are gorgeous, how are the differences between the stock silver cable and these arctic ones in terms of stiffness and microphonics? I am debating getting either a final silver cable or getting one made by arctic.
Didn't check but isn't the stock cable from Final a copper silver plated one?

AC Talos V2 is not as stiff (although ca. 18 AWG) as the stock cable, it's lighter in weight, didn't use bulky stock cable many times, don't remember any microphonics. With Talos for sure didn't I notice any microphonics! Talos is easy to use in terms of how it bends (2m long).

Isn't Final silver (upgrade) cable more expensive? Talos ca. USD 400,- depending on configuration.

Again Lavricable elongated 3.5mm HP Jack's look more elegantly!

Soundwise: I only have one day, 5 hrs experience with Talos and can't compare to stock, only to Lavri Grand - pure silver.
So far I prefer copper AC on a "subconscious level" if that makes sense to you... also cheaper as silver Lavri Grand.
Have a look at Norne audio cables as well. He even has the proper locking connectors for final.

Where do you live? @awesomenatorrad (Arctic were accommodating in terms of "customs")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back