Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 15, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #4,741 of 4,824
yes. Since the diameter of D8000 pad and ZMF bokeh (or Caldera) are same, there is no need for any adapter to put bokeh pads on D8000. The ZMF pads are also 18 mm at their thinnest and 23 mm at their thickest point, which means that the drivers will tilt forward when mounted on my head. To my ears, I feel higher sound pressure compared to stock pads at same volume.
How's the bass with those nae chingu?

Apr 15, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #4,743 of 4,824
yes. Since the diameter of D8000 pad and ZMF bokeh (or Caldera) are same, there is no need for any adapter to put bokeh pads on D8000. The ZMF pads are also 18 mm at their thinnest and 23 mm at their thickest point, which means that the drivers will tilt forward when mounted on my head. To my ears, I feel higher sound pressure compared to stock pads at same volume.
How would you compare the sound? I guess since the Caldera pads fit, that gives us a large variety of pads to try.

Apr 15, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #4,744 of 4,824
Keep in mind that the driver design of the D8K is unique and the pads are designed with holes to give the right air flow.
Other pads might create too much pressure.
In fact, when I used solid sheepskin pads rather than suede pads, the bass was too boomy and this threw the overall sound off balance. Type H pads are currently shipping and I'm expecting them to be the best results in terms of fit and sound.

Apr 15, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #4,745 of 4,824
In fact, when I used solid sheepskin pads rather than suede pads, the bass was too boomy and this threw the overall sound off balance. Type H pads are currently shipping and I'm expecting them to be the best results in terms of fit and sound.
Makes sense. Regular pads should give too much bass for most people.
For me, the H pads were the best in terms of comfort and sound.

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #4,747 of 4,824
How would you compare the sound? I guess since the Caldera pads fit, that gives us a large variety of pads to try.
The higher foam density in ZMF pads give more sub-bass~bass authority. However, this is due to suppersion of sound dissipation through the pad. If you don't have any issues with fit or sound with your current pads, I wouldn't recommend trying some ZMF pads for D8K.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #4,748 of 4,824
IMG_7902.jpeg

Just got this and it’s such a revelation in terms of sound signature. I don’t know the right words but music just sounds natural in this. This is my first TOTL headphone and managed to get it for a good price in Japan. I also managed to grab a pair of washi pads there and it’s my favorite of the three. Going to grab a custom cable or maybe a final audio silver cable and enjoy music all through the night. Love this headphone.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #4,752 of 4,824
I previously tried the D8000 at an exhibition, sounds interesting, with a rather unique tuning
Upon searching, I found that there is a limited edition of the D8000. Can anyone share your thoughts whether there is any difference in tuning between these two versions, or is it just in terms of appearance? LE's black and gold is truly stunning!

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #4,753 of 4,824
I previously tried the D8000 at an exhibition, sounds interesting, with a rather unique tuning
Upon searching, I found that there is a limited edition of the D8000. Can anyone share your thoughts whether there is any difference in tuning between these two versions, or is it just in terms of appearance? LE's black and gold is truly stunning!
If you use the search bar on this thread you will find a lot of information/comparisons. :wink:

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #4,754 of 4,824
I just installed H pads and instantly feel it less dark sounding than w F pads, bass quality and quantity still there (V281)

At the edge of sibilance with H pads to my ears, need to try G asap and also with HA-6A

I think H pads would not really suit Pro at all.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #4,755 of 4,824
I just installed H pads and instantly feel it less dark sounding than w F pads, bass quality and quantity still there (V281)

At the edge of sibilance with H pads to my ears, need to try G asap and also with HA-6A

I think H pads would not really suit Pro at all.
Actually, after speaking to Final Audio, they told me that one of the main differentiators between the pro and the LE are the H pads.

I don’t find any siblilance using the H pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back