Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Mar 15, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #4,711 of 4,819
the packing of the D8000 was a complete puzzle, smalll boxes which had to be put on top of other small boxes in a specific order and so on
I bought my "gently used" D8000 from The Music Room. They sent it perfectly packed as if direct from the factory. When I opened the package, I simply had no idea what a puzzle the packaging was. If I had any brains I would have taken disassembly-in-progress pix to document how I might get it back together. But as it happened, I'll never be able to put that puzzle back together.

If I ever sell this D8K (unlikely), I'll just shovel all that packaging, stand included (never used it) into a larger box and let 'er rip.

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #4,713 of 4,819
My Final D8000 just loves SS amping of a certain type--slightly warm & definitely musical. I have 3 SS amps that really light up the D8K
  • Violectric V281: I'm a broken record about the good sound of this amp, but that's for a good reason (it never lets me down). This is the ideal blend of power, authority, and musicality
  • Monoprice/Monolith Liquid Gold X: This amp loves planars & planars love it right back. Not as ideal as the V281, but quite good
  • Cavalli Liquid Carbon v2: It's small and inexpensive, yet has real power and sounds like magic. Not the highest resolution here; soundstage average to a little above average (not exceptional), and control at very top & bottom frequencies isn't iron-clad as the V281. But this little amp makes every headphone sound lovely, the D8K included.
My Kinki THR-1 (F.S. here) sounded amazing with the Final D8000. That was a real love match of amp + headphone. The THR-1 has serious power and "grip" on the driver, but also has so much finesse and a soft, silky texture in the midrange on up. It's a lovely sound.
I have a Violectric HPAV340 and also have the D8000Pro. I discovered this headphone recently at CanJam NYC and paired it in the event with my A&K PA10 Class A portable amp with my Hiiby R6 ProII DAP. It was a definite best in show to my ears! So much so that I ordered the headphone before leaving the show.

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #4,714 of 4,819
I have a Violectric HPAV340 and also have the D8000Pro. I discovered this headphone recently at CanJam NYC and paired it in the event with my A&K PA10 Class A portable amp with my Hiiby R6 ProII DAP. It was a definite best in show to my ears! So much so that I ordered the headphone before leaving the show.
The Final D8K Pro is the sleeper TOTL planar.

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #4,715 of 4,819
Edit: Ordered H type super cheap in UK shop, as I have G type already in my D8KP I can always switch :heart:

Yo fellas!

I recently bought a super cheep D8K unit in mint condition, I wonder if ANYONE tried the H-Pads with it or if I should stick to G pads which is the common thing to improve their sound

Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #4,717 of 4,819
They are both good in a different way. You can’t find the H pads here in the states right now. I spoke to Final Audio and they said right now it’s being used for the D7000 and at some point they will be in stock for sale.
I'll just try both and also the F type as well and decide which HPs I keep... I've cuckolded the D8KP with the HE6SE way too much already

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:16 AM Post #4,724 of 4,819
Good choice, I still regret I sold my D8000 OG.
I feel you... I missed a 1600€ unit recently in the listings but not the one I had the luck to get

After the years I've been into this 'hobby' I know the sound I'm looking for and I'm so sure D8K will make me happy... Plus these "toys" are super "cheap" if they last a few years

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #4,725 of 4,819
Got D8K, first impression is... It is as good as I've read everywhere, bass is simply magic and the highs doesn't pierce my delicated ears at all which is all I ask for (F pads)

Could be the perfect brother of the D8KP but I'm a basshead, we'll see haha

Will try with HA-6A later, so far with the V281 is magic (also G and H pads when I receive them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back