Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Mar 13, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #4,696 of 4,889
I'm kind of baffled by this. I would never disconnect the cable from the headphone when I could instead disconnect the 4-pin XLR jack from the amp.
I guess it depends on what you value most: the headphone or the amplifier. In my case there is no question about that: the amplifier. It is a custom unique model built for me by a deceased builder. A very special amplifier. The headphones can be bought again but the amplifier cannot.

PS. The XLR jack has the locking mechanism.

Mar 13, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #4,697 of 4,889
Not intended as criticism, though.
This is a quick off-topic. I just looked where Goshen was, and I was stunned by how it looked!

Population 6k, and you call this village, hahaha... this is a wealthy resort, looks beautiful...

In 1988, I spent the Summer in NYC. Every weekend, we went upstate NY to Swan Lake (not far from Goshen), where the cottage was.

And that is such a beautiful place, nature...but this is a crazy urban "village" surrounded by nature...WOW.

Enjoy!

Cheers!

Mar 14, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #4,698 of 4,889
Hi Everyone,

On Final's website, they state that the D8000 comes with that Attache Case-Type New Carrying Case.

Can anyone here confirm that if I buy an original D8000 if it comes with a case? Older unboxing vids didn't really show it, so I assume its something that was brought in with the release of the Pro version.

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #4,699 of 4,889
Can anyone here confirm that if I buy an original D8000 if it comes with a case?
For $150 more, you can buy 10x better cases than you will get with any headphones...I wouldn't worry about that :)

It's sad when manufacturers give you a case, and folks praise it like it's $500 extra included... when it's not.

It's even worse when they don't give anything,
but either way, it's not something you should pay attention to; at least, I don't.
(for that money, everyone should give a luxurious case, but they don't).

I get a better case when I buy a $70 shaver than what I get with headphones I paid $500 or more for.

That's the ridiculous thing now with Abyss...they included a case (worth not more than $20) with Diana.
And people talk about it like it's gold.

If I were you, I would look or ask where to buy (a link) a nice case for the D8000 if you want one: Amazon, etc.

Perhaps I didn't answer the question, but maybe it will help you decide, in case you give up for that reason :)

Cheers! :)

Mar 14, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #4,700 of 4,889
For $150 more, you can buy 10x better cases than you will get with any headphones...I wouldn't worry about that :)

It's sad when manufacturers give you a case, and folks praise it like it's $500 extra included... when it's not.

It's even worse when they don't give anything,
but either way, it's not something you should pay attention to; at least, I don't.
(for that money, everyone should give a luxurious case, but they don't).

I get a better case when I buy a $70 shaver than what I get with headphones I paid $500 or more for.

That's the ridiculous thing now with Abyss...they included a case (worth not more than $20) with Diana.
And people talk about it like it's gold.

If I were you, I would look or ask where to buy (a link) a nice case for the D8000 if you want one: Amazon, etc.

Perhaps I didn't answer the question, but maybe it will help you decide, in case you give up for that reason :)

Cheers! :)
Thanks. So very true. I would rather not get a case, than get a cheap one, which most of them are.

Reason I ask is that I read this on their website under the D8000 and I was just curious about it.

It wont sway my decision for the headphones at all.

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #4,701 of 4,889
It wont sway my decision for the headphones at all.
Cool...These cans are really special...and I am not a groupie kind of fan;
I wouldn't praise them just because I own a pair; these give you a huge sound and experience... :)

I do think Final Audio are cheap buggers, and it's a disgrace they don't give you more in the package,
but most of them are the same...cheap buggers :)

Cheers!

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #4,703 of 4,889
I sent my OG D8000 back for repair, and they came back with the new carrying case.
I'm off topic but can I ask how long did your repair took ?

Mar 14, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #4,704 of 4,889
I'm off topic but can I ask how long did your repair took ?
Not off topic at all.

They told me at the beginning it would be 3 to 4 weeks. It ended up being 8 to 9 weeks. However, in between, I had called for updates and I was told it’s in testing and it’ll be shipped on Friday, etc. etc. etc. and then weeks would go by. That really bugged me. Not so much to delay, but the inaccurate information.

As an aside, they were telling me how they don’t just replace the drivers and that they look at your serial number, and they have documentation of the frequency response for each headphone and what they’re going to send me back has to match that. So I said you’re telling me that all the headphones sound different? He said no they don’t. So then what you’re telling me makes no sense. He said well the Japanese are very strict and and need to follow a certain something or rather etc etc. I said sure whatever you say.

So, with all that said, these headphones don’t sound like my previous ones. They sound way better. Everything that I liked about that headphone, even sounds better.

Mar 14, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #4,705 of 4,889
I unplugged 40-50 times this connector, or maybe more, it's hard to track
that broke the internal female jack of the D8000 Pro
I actually share a Lavri Grand between D8Kpro and SolP, later with an adapter in which I plug in an elongated 3.5 jack made for the Final... meaning I regularly unplug it from it D8Kpros.
When I connect the cable once...it stays there.
I don't want to worry about damaging female part in the HP in the future and must do the same for peace of mind...
I purchased a pair of 8" connector cables from Forza
Could you @Pharmaboy post a picture of those please? thanks
I'm not quite sure if that's a similar solution I use on my SolPs...

Would love to have one custom cable per HP but could put one adapter on each HP and then use same HP cable on all...

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #4,706 of 4,889
My brand new D8000Pro (purchased 4 days ago) came with the very nice hard briefcase.

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #4,707 of 4,889
My brand new D8000Pro (purchased 4 days ago) came with the very nice hard briefcase.
The packaging of D8000 and D8000 Pro is different. My D8000 did not had included a carrying case. D8000 Pro had, and also had the new silver plated cable which sounds decently good. Actually is the best stock cable I have ever received on a headphone. D8000 had a headphone stand included which was quite nice. I still regret that I have sold my D8000 headphone instead of keeping it and put on it the G-pads. This is how you learn, making mistakes.

This is the stand I received on D8000:
1710486390626.png

This is the cable included in the D8000 Pro which is very good:
1710486431404.png

Because of the stand which came assembled in 1 piece, the packing of the D8000 was a complete puzzle, smalll boxes which had to be put on top of other small boxes in a specific order and so on. When I sold it I lost some time to be able to make it as it was when I unpacked. A good test for patience.

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #4,708 of 4,889
The packaging of D8000 and D8000 Pro is different. My D8000 did not had included a carrying case. D8000 Pro had, and also had the new silver plated cable which sounds decently good. Actually is the best stock cable I have ever received on a headphone. D8000 had a headphone stand included which was quite nice. I still regret that I have sold my D8000 headphone instead of keeping it and put on it the G-pads. This is how you learn, making mistakes.

This is the stand I received on D8000:
1710486390626.png

This is the cable included in the D8000 Pro which is very good:
1710486431404.png

Because of the stand which came assembled in 1 piece, the packing of the D8000 was a complete puzzle, smalll boxes which had to be put on top of other small boxes in a specific order and so on. When I sold it I lost some time to be able to make it as it was when I unpacked. A good test for patience.
Yes, D8000 and G pads are perfect combination. Also i have a question. What is Eternity in your signature?

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #4,709 of 4,889
Yes, D8000 and G pads are perfect combination. Also i have a question. What is Eternity in your signature?
Eternity is the tube amplifier you can see in the first photo from the previous post. It's unique, there are 2 in the world, custom made, quite different. So you will not find too much information about it. It's a combination of new/old design, with manual bias. This is what it makes it different. You can find details here.

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #4,710 of 4,889
Eternity is the tube amplifier you can see in the first photo from the previous post. It's unique, there are 2 in the world, custom made, quite different. So you will not find too much information about it. It's a combination of new/old design, with manual bias. This is what it makes it different. You can find details here.
Very attractive amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back