Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jan 17, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #3,107 of 4,925

DMS reviews the D8000 Pro above.

Jan 17, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #3,109 of 4,925
Jan 19, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #3,110 of 4,925
Hi, guys. Some updates after puttin over 15 hrs more on the LE.
Again, I must point that these are subjective impressions and YMMV.

I stand on what I said on my first post. The LE sounds a bit more neutral than the regular Pro, with the sensation of more air and clarity (not by much).
The regular has a denser tonality and sounds more intimate, you could even say more euphonic.
Yesterday I visited a friend,which is also in this hobby, and after some hours of listening and comparisons, he ended up with the same opinion than me.

What I can say almost 100% is that they definitely are not the exact same headphones. And I'll try to explain it with an example. I wanted to switch pads to see if they were the only responsible for the tonal diferences so I swapped them. The results were that the regular pro with the Washi pads looses a lot bass and gets very dry, loosing the great balance between neutral/fun that both the regular Pro and the LE has. So Im sorry but I woulnd't recommend the Washi pads for the regular Pro owners.

In the other hand, the LE with the G pads from the regular pro, got bassier and warmer. Not only having more bass than the LE with stock washi pads, but bassier than the regular pro on it stocks form.
This drives me to one conclussion. The LE got tuned according to the Washi pads. The washi pads reduce bass so they had to tune the LE according to this to not loose the fun bass of the D8K line.
I know you might be thinking that it's obvious cause all headphones should be tuned with their stock pads, but I should point it cause it's a key difference.

The thing is that, so far, I can't choose which I prefer, cause in some tracks I prefer the LE, while in others I like the regular more. It's really a tough choice and I will keep spending time to get more conclussions.

Anyways, just my thoughts and I could be pretty much wrong, that's why Id love some measurements.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #3,113 of 4,925
Yes i know but LE is less basier of all D8000, on other hand they are most detali and have best resolution.

Jan 19, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #3,115 of 4,925
LE is quite bass shy compared to OG.
I've never heard the Pro, much less the LE Pro. But I read comments like this and think, "Exactly what has Final accomplished here?"

My D8000 with the Pro's "G" pads has perhaps the best bass I've ever heard (definitely in quality, if perhaps not also in absolute quantity [which can be overrated]), and I would never want less of that bass goodness. I also wouldn't want more energy in the upper midrange and low treble than what I'm getting now, which according to reviews/comments I've read, are things that come along with the Pro vs D8000.

This is a case where I can't really comment about the sound of headphones I haven't heard--but I'm very happy to stay right where I am.

Jan 19, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #3,116 of 4,925
I've never heard the Pro, much less the LE Pro. But I read comments like this and think, "Exactly what has Final accomplished here?"

My D8000 with the Pro's "G" pads has perhaps the best bass I've ever heard (definitely in quality, if perhaps not also in absolute quantity [which can be overrated]), and I would never want less of that bass goodness. I also wouldn't want more energy in the upper midrange and low treble than what I'm getting now, which according to reviews/comments I've read, are things that come along with the Pro vs D8000.

This is a case where I can't really comment about the sound of headphones I haven't heard--but I'm very happy to stay right where I am.^^
^^ Bravo! 👏 … there is a surplus of experts of the unknown 🤔

Jan 19, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #3,119 of 4,925
Do I detect a great "lost MCU franchise"?

(heroes in colorful costumes flying around with pronounced expressions of confusion on their faces & muttering "W_T_F"?)
…..with the British 🇬🇧 version titled ‘Doctor Proctor’….

Jan 19, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #3,120 of 4,925

This is a case where I can't really comment about the sound of headphones I haven't heard--but I'm very happy to stay right where I am.
You might got it wrong. The LE still got some amazing bass, punchy and clean, it's just not as coloured as others but still will destroy most of headphones in that regard. I also want a bit more upper midarange and I have the feeling that it has a bit more, cause I feel more voice clarity, but without measurements it's all suppositions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back