FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
May 17, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #3,451 of 6,777
Are they going to offer a case for the Fiio E17? I wanted to use the dual lock, but not on the bare E17.

May 17, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #3,453 of 6,777
Quote:
Are they going to offer a case for the Fiio E17? I wanted to use the dual lock, but not on the bare E17.

i use dual lock on E17 and a lot of other stuff.  both normal and low profile dual lock...  it comes off easily enough and doesn't; take off the paint or anything with it. 

May 17, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #3,454 of 6,777
Quote:

Btw i had charge enabled, and there was no way of telling whether it was charging or not. And i know the problem wasn't from my laptop because plugging into the wall yielded the same result.

From the manual:
- Red = Charging
- Blue = On
- Purple = On & Charging

Somewhere up in those 1000s of posts in this thread, a FiiO employee said the E17 draws 150 mA even with USB charging off.  I think most USB ports are limited to 500 mA.  If you've got an unpowered hub or splitter, etc. it may be less.  I don't know your setup, but it sounds like you may not be able to charge and use the unit simultaneously.  However, it shouldn't drain while connected.

May 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #3,456 of 6,777
I personally have at least 15 hours of use with my iphone 4 and i have NOT detected  any interference with wifi and data enabled.... However, i have read a couple posts of people that do experience interference...
Quote:
Does anyone know if the E17 picks up interference from something like an Iphone4? 

May 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #3,457 of 6,777
Quote:

I had the same reservations before putting the velcro on my E17, but the adhesive does come off easily with out hurting the E17 if you choose to do so. IDK if u seen the mod i did, but there are photos in my profile if u want to check it out.

In the end, having the velcro on the E17, for me, is not a big deal at all. Its either in its case, sitting on its butt, or attached to my iphone. I never realized how important the fuggin E17 was going to be. I use it every single day. I take it everywhere i go!

May 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #3,458 of 6,777
whoa.. just noticed my E17 wasn't charging via usb cable in a wall USB adapter....  It started charging when I turned ON the USB Charge in the menu.

Had the battery been completely dead, I would have been unable to power or charge my unit???

Or perhaps find a different USB wall charger or normal miniUSB charger.......

May 18, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #3,459 of 6,777
Quote:
I personally have at least 15 hours of use with my iphone 4 and i have NOT detected  any interference with wifi and data enabled.... However, i have read a couple posts of people that do experience interference...

Thanks for the prompt answer!

Can anyone comment on how the tf10 sounds with the e17?

May 18, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #3,460 of 6,777
Quote:
whoa.. just noticed my E17 wasn't charging via usb cable in a wall USB adapter....  It started charging when I turned ON the USB Charge in the menu.

Had the battery been completely dead, I would have been unable to power or charge my unit???

Or perhaps find a different USB wall charger or normal miniUSB charger.......

I know I remember reading that when E17 dies due to dead batt, The USB Charge will be will be turned ON automatically. Haven't tried it though.

May 18, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #3,461 of 6,777
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the prompt answer!

Can anyone comment on how the tf10 sounds with the e17?

very good.  In my experience, they don't open up as much soundstage wise as other amps for some odd reason.  even less powerful amps.   but just my opinion...

May 18, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #3,462 of 6,777
Quote:

From the manual:
- Red = Charging
- Blue = On
- Purple = On & Charging

Somewhere up in those 1000s of posts in this thread, a FiiO employee said the E17 draws 150 mA even with USB charging off.  I think most USB ports are limited to 500 mA.  If you've got an unpowered hub or splitter, etc. it may be less.  I don't know your setup, but it sounds like you may not be able to charge and use the unit simultaneously.  However, it shouldn't drain while connected.

Yeah i think my usb port doesnt provide as much power as the unit sucks up while in use.

May 18, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #3,463 of 6,777
Another FAQ that I can't find due to the very long thread: Why should I use the L9 connector when using IPod when I can use the L8 or standard 3.5mm connector that is included? Thanks!

Edit: found it! just few pages back. So that I can bypass the amp of the ipod. cool! lol

May 18, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #3,464 of 6,777
Quote:
Another FAQ that I can't find due to the very long thread: Why should I use the L9 connector when using IPod when I can use the L8 or standard 3.5mm connector that is included? Thanks!

Edit: found it! just few pages back. So that I can bypass the amp of the ipod. cool! lol

I asked the same question 2 pages back :)

This is the answer bowei006 gave:

Quote:
@darkblade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdM-K8k5KMw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
iPods with L3 or L9 can bypass ipods non audiophile amp and internal eadphone jack corcuitry allowing for a very clean signal to go to only one external audiophile one(or more)

May 18, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #3,465 of 6,777
There have been some mishaps with what happens when battery runs out. Sometimes Ive talked to users that had charging off and it did t charge or anything. The end solution for them was plugging it in somewhere else or into a wall charger fixed the problem.

Yes L9 bypasses the "non audiophile parts and headphone circuitry" of the iPod and sends a clean analog signal to the amp :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back