Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Mar 9, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #4,891 of 6,413
Please refer to my previous post as to my source used.

I find your notion of having a somehow inferior or inept source absurd. Call me cynical, but I highly doubt a source could take this signature from being this dark to being miraculously lively. To each their own.

As to the burn in, yeah it may change for the better given some time, but again, I don't see enough change being physically possible. It's just a dark Sig.

Honestly, it's got a nice sound. I know it's tough to express discontontent about a product without coming off aggressive or dowright blasphemous, and that's not at all what I'm trying to do here. Simply put, it's a very nice piece of kit. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who will call it a "bad" sounding IEM. It's just too dark for me.

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #4,892 of 6,413
Please refer to my previous post as to my source used.

I find your notion of having a somehow inferior or inept source absurd. Call me cynical, but I highly doubt a source could take this signature from being this dark to being miraculously lively. To each their own.

As to the burn in, yeah it may change for the better given some time, but again, I don't see enough change being physically possible. It's just a dark Sig.

Honestly, it's got a nice sound. I know it's tough to express discontontent about a product without coming off aggressive or dowright blasphemous, and that's not at all what I'm trying to do here. Simply put, it's a very nice piece of kit. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who will call it a "bad" sounding IEM. It's just too dark for me.

Thank you for your honest assessment and follow up comments. I will say that I have found some things to get better after setting them aside and coming back to them a few times. But, if it's definitely not in the ballpark for you from the start, then the Forte might not be for you. 

Head-fi'ers need these types of reviews (referring back to your previous comments), along with the positive ones, to help the community make informed decisions. 

Sorry to hear they aren't working out. It's frustrating to have high hopes, invest the money, then find it's not for you. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #4,893 of 6,413
Thank you very much SLCanhead.

The forte was my most expensive iem related purchase to date and it wasn't easy to commit to either. $400 to me, is venturing into some "am I crazy??" Territory.

I agree with you about "rediscovering" things you've sat aside for a few days. I've done that a few times myself. I think highly enough of aurisonics, that I'm definitely going to give these forte a few more listens to make sure they aren't for me.

Im hoping to aquire a set of noble 3 or 4 Universals. Mabey they will be more to my liking. Either those or ue900 or ath im03 or 04.

Anyone here try the campfire Orion?

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #4,895 of 6,413

The forte was my most expensive iem related purchase to date and it wasn't easy to commit to either. $400 to me, is venturing into some "am I crazy??" Territory.

I agree with you about "rediscovering" things you've sat aside for a few days. I've done that a few times myself. I think highly enough of aurisonics, that I'm definitely going to give these forte a few more listens to make sure they aren't for me.

Im hoping to aquire a set of noble 3 or 4 Universals. Mabey they will be more to my liking. Either those or ue900 or ath im03 or 04.

UE900s - if you like anything close to aurisonics - you won't like these.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #4,896 of 6,413

Agreed that $400 for most people not already fully immersed in this hobby is quite a bit of money to spend. I felt a bit tight in the gut when I purchased my ASG-1plus and Mojo - yet with the understanding that others spend quite a bit more.

What type of music is your main musical genre of interest? Do you focus on certain genres, or are you truly all over the board? I may have missed this info in a previous post. I don't necessarily have a specific IEM in mind, but others may be able to help based on your musical preferences, along with the fact that the Forte doesn't work for you. You may want to post in the Noble and/or AT threads, if what you are looking for hasn't been posted already - maybe stating the obvious, but covering the bases. 

I previously asked a reputable Head-fi'er about the Orions and he said that they are a bit lean sounding (and I believe others have said bass-light) and aren't the best as an all-arounder. Maybe better for jazz and classical. Others may have a different take, so I would read the Campfire threads (assuming you haven't already.)

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #4,898 of 6,413
Agreed that $400 for most people not already fully immersed in this hobby is quite a bit of money to spend. I felt a bit tight in the gut when I purchased my ASG-1plus and Mojo - yet with the understanding that others spend quite a bit more.

What type of music is your main musical genre of interest? Do you focus on certain genres, or are you truly all over the board? I may have missed this info in a previous post. I don't necessarily have a specific IEM in mind, but others may be able to help based on your musical preferences, along with the fact that the Forte doesn't work for you. You may want to post in the Noble and/or AT threads, if what you are looking for hasn't been posted already - maybe stating the obvious, but covering the bases. 

I previously asked a reputable Head-fi'er about the Orions and he said that they are a bit lean sounding (and I believe others have said bass-light) and aren't the best as an all-arounder. Maybe better for jazz and classical. Others may have a different take, so I would read the Campfire threads (assuming you haven't already.)

Ive been known to enjoy both V shaped signatures as well as a properly done(rockets) mid centric signature. I want my next iem purchase to be my last, so I would really like a universal custom look/design. Im also looking to try out some quad BA sets.

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #4,900 of 6,413
Bought some Harmonies recently and love the sound but...

I'm getting intermittent sound in one (somtimes both) ear. Is this a common problem?

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #4,901 of 6,413

I'm getting intermittent sound in one (somtimes both) ear. Is this a common problem?
did you change cables?

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #4,903 of 6,413

unplug cable - use OX-it or just give the connectors a small rub and replug.

It's a connection issue with the MMCX cable.

http://www.amazon.com/DeoxITLiquid-squeeze-tube-100%25-solution/dp/B0015A5AAY/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1457534267&sr=8-13&keywords=deoxit

Ultimate Ears has put that into their retail boxes of their UE900s with the same connectors. 

Cheers

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #4,904 of 6,413

Users who are viewing this thread

Back