1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread

First

Back
319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328
330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339
Next

Last
  1. Antihippy
    Hmm, I've actually been interested in the xb90ex for its basshead prowess.

Glad to see that you have it another chance though.

2. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Spending the afternoon with these two little criminals...

asg2.jpg

jmills8 likes this.
  3. gikigill
    I just hope we get a reboot of these. I got two pairs but more won't hurt.

4. jmills8
    2.5 ?

5. H20Fidelity Contributor

Nope, that's a 2.0 with altered/modified acoustic filter behind the nozzles. Roughly half the amount of a stock ASG-2. Behind the nozzle of the ASG series just in front of the balanced armature there's a propriety acoustic filter which when altered changes the sound. In this instance I have my ASG-2 sounding a little brighter, even more so with the help of that Rhapsodio cable in use. You can also bring the bass up to accommodate the changes. 

asg2nozzle.png

Where the arrow points is where the filter sits, looks a little like cotton wool. The nozzles as we know are simply glued or fixed to the housings and can be removed. I don't however, recommend everyone start trying it without some understanding. 

6. jmills8
    Very unique !

7. tjdub
    What rhapsodio cable is that?, I really like the color

8. H20Fidelity Contributor

An earlier release, Mono Crystal Copper. It holds terrible memory, enjoys coiling around itself.

While the blue looks appealing in photos its a very naughty cable, very misbehaved.

The sound is extremely great though, especially with the ASG. You'd think copper would thicken the sound, this Mono Crystal version which appears to be solid core wire actually sounds like a silver cable. Along with the filter mod there's very little veil heard from my ASG-2 in the mid-range. Crazy little thing it is.

9. tjdub
    I've heard nothing but good things about rhapsodio cables, I might have to try one out on my 2.5

10. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Anyway, here is a track / band getting a lot of attention from me recently with all my IEMs and particularly today with the older ASG-2.

Queen - The Show Must Go On.

If your portable system is capable enough and providing you have a good mastered copy of this track (preferably FLAC) Freddie Mercury's voice should summon instant shivers down your spine or what's also better known as a dopamine rush. If this does not occur, then you need to upgrade further, unfortunately. [​IMG] 

canali likes this.
  11. leafwise
    H20--what a cool way to address the (few) shortcomings of the ASG2! Respect to you, my friend. I've paired the heavy hitting AS models with a very crystalline source in order to bring out mid/high range in a bit more of a pronounced way given the deep red color of the phones naturally, but I had never considered a physical mod to the units themselves...

While I'm on the subject, has anyone chosen to pair their AS/ASG2 or 2.5 with a very warm source, such as a Headstage 5TX (EBV), a Vorzuge, or the like? Any impressions are appreciated, as I'm source hunting again :wink:

12. H20Fidelity Contributor

When stock there's quite an amount of that filter behind each nozzle, its fairly 'compressed' (quite compressed). removing it is like lifting the ASG veil, but you don't want to remove it all and also you must be sure to make it even both sides as accurate possible. An added bonus is you can counterweigh the effect by increasing the bass ports after the modictation. If I have my bass ports right down at 0% my ASG-2 while sound a little thin or lacking body around the mid-range although high in clarity and resolution.

As you bring the bass port up it fills the lower mids onwards thickening them. [​IMG] 

13. jmills8
    Very emotional track. Seen them live three times once was in Rock In Rio 1985.

H20Fidelity likes this.
  14. jmills8
    20160310_205858.jpg

20160310_205840.jpg

Attachment.jpg

I use my 2.5s with The 5TX and Cowon dap.

15. H20Fidelity Contributor

That would have been amazing, jmills! An irreplaceable slice of life!

I've done much research on Queen and Freddie in general these past weeks. Even though I'd listened to them in my younger years casually I only came to realize how amazing his vocal range is recently and how ahead of their time that music was. Excellent music, excellent performer!

jmills8 likes this.
First

Back
319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328
330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339
Next

Last