Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 23, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #4,756 of 6,413
an ambiant port what will this do to the sound sig
releases pressure in the earpiece. It has been an option for years on their custom models.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #4,757 of 6,413
  an ambiant port what will this do to the sound sig

Quote:
releases pressure in the earpiece. It has been an option for years on their custom models.

Uhm no, not exactly. The ambient port is actually more for a musician who wants to hear outside ambient when using their CIEM, or for anyone who prefers to connect to outside ambient while using their CIEM. The drawback is that you lose a certain amount of isolation and that you will possibly lose some low end response.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #4,758 of 6,413
Considering the amount of air the 2.5 moves at full bore, adding another port would put you at risk of creating your own weather system around your head, surely?! :wink: Forecast: very windy with a hint of bass...

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #4,759 of 6,413
"Yes the ambient port is specifically to avoid ‘stuffy head’ reverberation that singers and horn players particularly find a nuisance. It isn’t going to help you hear too much outside noise.

It will have an impact on the bass response, but you can balance that back with the bass valve to get a comfortable sound signature."

^ From Andy @ AS/Fender. The ambient port is tuneable just like the bass port. Don't worry if you don't get responses right away; my 2.5 repair took an additional week past what he had said. He'll either respond or it will show up in your mailbox :)

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #4,760 of 6,413
Can't find the previous comments on here or the other Aurisonics forums now, but thank you to whoever pointed me in the direction of using Spinfit tips for the 2.5 (probably jmill8) - they really open the sound up in the higher registers for me while leaving the bass intact. My first experience using these tips, but strongly suspect it won't be my last.

Feb 24, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #4,761 of 6,413
Question - looking into putting my 1Plus up for sale now I have the 2.5s (either on eBay or the boards here) but have an opportunity to pick up some Rockets. Would like to work my way through the Aurisonics lineup as I have enjoyed everything I've heard so far - what do people think is a decent price (UK £ or US $) for a pair of Rockets (either new or second-hand) and is it worth picking them up if I have already heard the 1Plus? Just trying to work out if it's a good deal and/or worth my while.

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #4,762 of 6,413
Question - looking into putting my 1Plus up for sale now I have the 2.5s (either on eBay or the boards here) but have an opportunity to pick up some Rockets. Would like to work my way through the Aurisonics lineup as I have enjoyed everything I've heard so far - what do people think is a decent price (UK £ or US $) for a pair of Rockets (either new or second-hand) and is it worth picking them up if I have already heard the 1Plus? Just trying to work out if it's a good deal and/or worth my while.
have not heard the 1plus, however Rockets are absolutely fabulous imo. Ive seen them as low as $100 used but often listed between $125 to $150

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #4,763 of 6,413
You'll lose out on the stage depth, high end details, bass impact if trading in the 1plus for the Rockets.  However, the Rockets is no slouch and well makes up with creamier and subjectively smoother mids and can take in a lot more punishment/abuse. 

You can pick up the Rockets new for $170 from Springtree.

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #4,764 of 6,413

As I mentioned in the other thread I'm very happy that I got them both. The design on them alone makes them usable in different situations and they're also quite different sounding imo.....

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #4,765 of 6,413
He is busy cause I have been emailing him about a custom 2.5. The custom has an Ambiant port plus a bass port which is located not at the face plate and it turns differently than the unuversal 2.5.

is anyone affiliated here with fender as i am getting no reply what happened with my asg 2.5 that i sent for repair, i am getting concerned 

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #4,766 of 6,413
Have you tried calling? I can tell you they didn't forget about you, they're probably just busy. I had the same thing happen where I didn't get a response for a few days about my 2.5 repair. I sent another email and Andy responded and apologized.

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #4,768 of 6,413
Feb 25, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #4,770 of 6,413

Users who are viewing this thread

Back