Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 21, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #4,727 of 6,413
I'm just back from Canjam and Fender was exhibiting, so I took the chance to talk to Cherns about the Fender series and what the differences are. So here goes. (We only talked about certain models, not all of them)

The Fender FXA7 Pro: This one is tuned similarly to the Harmony with the treble brought down slightly for a more mellow tone. 

The Fender FXA6 Pro: This one is NOT the Forte at all. This one is tuned like the ASG1-Plus, which you can find a lot of information on another thread dedicated to it. I happen to like it alot as well.

As for the other few in the series, I  had no time to enquire as I was rushing around to try other stuff as well.

Also, Cherns had me listen to the Fender FXA2 Pro. It was a really great listen too. At its price point, I must say it's really really supreme value in that model. 

Hope this helps in one way or another!

Sounds awesome. What was the sound sig and likely pricing on the FXA2? Is that the all-BA model?

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #4,728 of 6,413
Can't speak for the Fortes but the Harmonys can be spectacular. I think you'll regret not getting them if you go for the Fortes. Detail retrieval is very good.

The extra treble that people talk about is in my opinion nothing to concern yourself about. Extra treble extension is what gives the soundstage its air and size. I don't find it at all harsh or fatiguing.

However I do find the bass can be a bit overwhelming and crude on some tracks. Just occasionally - but again, that's also what give the Harmony its size of sound and impact.
That said, it does burn in and has smoothed out as I continue to play it.

Yes, as people have said, the soundstage and sheer size of sound is remarkable. I don't think the imaging, DEPTH and airyness is as quite in the league of my Solars however. (Jmills can chip in here perhaps?)...But just my opinion.

That said, Harmony is undoubtedly top drawer and I'm sure you'll love either Harmony or Forte.
I live its bass even when certain songs brings out the Harmonys bass canon. The solar us great but different. Ideal to have all three!

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #4,730 of 6,413
Sounds like a good line up actually. The "fun" one, the neutral one, and the great budget one.

Really hope that they have something down the line that replaces the 2.5 though.
If they made the 2.5 as a floor standing speaker system it would look something like this.

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #4,731 of 6,413
@destrozer: Interesting! Based on that rundown, I'm certainly curious to give the Fender IEHs a listen. I know it's a tedious question, but did the rep give you an idea as to when the new line might be available?

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #4,732 of 6,413
Sounds like a good line up actually. The "fun" one, the neutral one, and the great budget one.

Yep the Solar really is fun - but I wouldn't say the Harmony is neutral :wink:

No seriously...if you mean Solar is neutral...it's not. It's slightly warm, slightly v-shaped...and hits hard...with sparkling treble. Sound familiar?

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #4,733 of 6,413
Yep the Solar really is fun - but I wouldn't say the Harmony is neutral :wink:

No seriously...if you mean Solar is neutral...it's not. It's slightly warm, slightly v-shaped...and hits hard...with sparkling treble. Sound familiar?

I meant the new fender lineup. The FXA7 being the new harmony, the FXA6 being the new asg1plus and the FXA2 being the great budget.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #4,734 of 6,413
@destrozer
: Interesting! Based on that rundown, I'm certainly curious to give the Fender IEHs a listen. I know it's a tedious question, but did the rep give you an idea as to when the new line might be available?

So sorry, but we didn't discuss that. It was quite a busy canjam! I had so many stops I wanted to make. What I can say is that the mids Aurisonics are always known for is still there! So don't worry about them losing their fantastic mids.

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #4,735 of 6,413
 I'm looking for something to complement my HD800 and currently considering Forte for $449 or Harmony for $599 or IE800 for $738 or ASG2.5 Nickel for $790. Currently heavily leaning to Forte with the IE800 being a close second because I will have a much easier time reselling it if I don't like it. I mainly listen to EDM but I like my vocals so I seriously dislike heavy V-shaped sound signatures(Mild V shape is tolerable), my most disliked IEM is the Momentum IEM.

What would be my best choice? I actually really like my SE535 but it's just too far behind my HD800 so I need to change to something that is either TOTL or has a significantly different sound signature.

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #4,736 of 6,413
2.5 is about as far away from the hd800 as you can get. I'd call it dark but with enough treble extension that the detail is still there, it's just lower in volume. Rich and thick, and bass that can go insanely overpowering if you open it up. Definitely not a v-shaped.

Harmony I would call it U shape. Good bump in the lower sub bass, good extension in the treble and slight sparkle in the upper mids but the mids still come through beautifully.

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #4,738 of 6,413
I like the 2.5 but I am unsure if it is worth the significant price increase over the forte and harmony and even the IE800.
there are things the 2.5 can do better than any other iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back