Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 25, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #2,551 of 40,577

I don't think the Empire Ears will have them since it seemed to be patented by 64 Ears unless I am badly misinformed. lol

ADEL is a technology patented by Asius, the former partner of 64 Audio. They didn't develop it, they came up with their 'new' tech to replace ADEL instead. 

Exactly! ADEL tech was invented and patented by Asius Technology, and hopefully it will appear in more iems/ciems. Regarding 64 Audio, their new monitors are no longer feature ADEL and no longer backwards compatible with it. Instead they replaced it with their own interpretation of Asius patented ADEL technology.

Aug 25, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #2,552 of 40,577
Exactly! ADEL tech was invented and patented by Asius Technology, and hopefully it will appear in more iems/ciems. Regarding 64 Audio, their new monitors are no longer feature ADEL and no longer backwards compatible with it. Instead they replaced it with their own interpretation of Asius patented ADEL technology.

Should be quite a massive lawsuit at hand
popcorn.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #2,553 of 40,577
  i myself want to buy a cable for the zeus r, but i learned one thing not to follow any hype for items that barely can make a difference in improving sound quality or spend money on something will be difficult to quantify as improving sound quality or perception

But that does not mean at all that I am not open to the idea of buying a cable but if  i pay 300 USD or above on a cable then I expect that I will hear a difference and an obvious difference. I am open to the fact that cables would make a difference that i easily heard when changing cables but I need to be guided to the right cable 

for example I have 3 cables around me

1- the cheap stock cable from EE that i got with my savage 5
2- BTG starlight cable that came with Zeus R
3- pure copper cable from Headlounge from Ted

do i hear any difference among them, honestly I do not hear a difference and if there is a difference then its so minute that i can not distinguish that difference, the good thing is the cables above are not expensive

so if i pay 300 USD or above then please recommend something that really will allow me to hear a clear difference

my preference is warm, big bass, big sound stage, full mids, and keep treble as is with zeus r, as I do not like harsh or cold sounding signatures

Not sure what is your audio source, noticed from your profile that you sold AK380 and only have Plenue D (which is not exactly hi-res), but you can consider yourself and your wallet to be VERY lucky if you have one of the top $2k+ high res micro-detailed monitors such as Zeus-R and can't hear a difference between cheap stock cable and upgraded silver plated BTG starlight cable.  Definitely, there is no need for you to spend more money investing into premium $500-$1k cables, it will be beyond diminishing returns in your case.
beerchug.gif

Really don't want this to turn into another cable discussion/rant, we have dedicated threads for that, and honestly there is no right or wrong answer when it comes to people who do and don't hear the difference.  But you might find THIS read interesting where in the intro I went into a few of my personal thoughts about upgrade cables and how I view it.

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #2,554 of 40,577
Not sure what is your audio source, noticed from your profile that you sold AK380 and only have Plenue D (which is not exactly hi-res), but you can consider yourself and your wallet to be VERY lucky if you have one of the top $2k+ high res micro-detailed monitors such as Zeus-R and can't hear a difference between cheap stock cable and upgraded silver plated BTG starlight cable.  Definitely, there is no need for you to spend more money investing into premium $500-$1k cables, it will be beyond diminishing returns in your case.
:beerchug:
Really don't want this to turn into another cable discussion/rant, we have dedicated threads for that, and honestly there is no right or wrong answer when it comes to people who do and don't hear the difference.  But you might find THIS read interesting where in the intro I went into a few of my personal thoughts about upgrade cables and how I view it.
He does have a Mojo and a couple of great amps. I have tried out some cables that didnt improve nor did it change the overall sound.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #2,555 of 40,577
  ADEL is a technology patented by Asius, the former partner of 64 Audio. They didn't develop it, they came up with their 'new' tech to replace ADEL instead. 

​I'm probably getting the R too but have been intrigued by the ADEL. Too be honest I do not like companies claiming their headphone reduce hearing loss when there has not been a single proper study. I even researched the guy who developed ADEL technology. He published an abstract with Vanderbilt University. It had no patient data at all. When you read reviews from 64 ears users, there is going to be strong "investment bias." Not saying they don't sound good.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #2,556 of 40,577

beerchug.gif

T,
You have Zeus-R now. Are you planning on reviewing it? How do you compare it to ES60? I'm leaning towards the R as my next purchase.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #2,557 of 40,577

beerchug.gif

thanks very nice review

i have fiio x7 and mojo as well

no need to have a debate about if cables have an effect or not, that is what I stated above, all i care about is to be directed to the right cable that will me feel satisfied with spending over 300 usd on a cable and notice its upgrade effect on the iem sq

i am leaning to the x8 from reading your review as it looks good and priced good

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #2,558 of 40,577
He does have a Mojo and a couple of great amps. I have tried out some cables that didnt improve nor did it change the overall sound.

did u try plus sound cables and compared them to the YYpro

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,559 of 40,577
Aug 25, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #2,560 of 40,577

beerchug.gif

T,
You have Zeus-R now. Are you planning on reviewing it? How do you compare it to ES60? I'm leaning towards the R as my next purchase.

Yes, starting to work on the review next, and for sure ES60 is in comparison.  You will be very happy with your next purchase
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #2,561 of 40,577

Yes, starting to work on the review next, and for sure ES60 is in comparison.  You will be very happy with your next purchase
wink.gif

Sweet. Looking forward to this review, particularly your comparisons. Any hints on which DAP pairings you liked the best?

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #2,562 of 40,577

​I'm probably getting the R too but have been intrigued by the ADEL. Too be honest I do not like companies claiming their headphone reduce hearing loss when there has not been a single proper study. I even researched the guy who developed ADEL technology. He published an abstract with Vanderbilt University. It had no patient data at all. When you read reviews from 64 ears users, there is going to be strong "investment bias." Not saying they don't sound good.

There's alot of published results out there. We went over a lot of the whitepapges on the ADEL thread a few months back, as well as skype sessions with users asking questions about the study and kinda just general questions. 

It the last one was a Spreecast and when they went out of business, their hosting of the aired conversation got lunched. I don't know if we backed it up on our own machines are not (probably not).

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #2,563 of 40,577
Looks like they usually run 20% off during Black Friday. Need to start think of ways to explain to my wife again.

Aug 25, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #2,564 of 40,577
I know all the rage is the Zeus/Zeus-R as of late.. but I've had the Spartan-IV (custom version) for a short while now and I find it nothing short of fantastic.  It possesses a near perfect blend of the tonal profile and technicalities I prioritize.  Tied with the UERM, the Spartan is probably my favorite custom IEM to date (I like it more than the CFA Andromeda, too).  In fact, I'm almost certain I like it more than the EE's own Apollo-X custom that I used to have.  It's not as technically adept as the Apollo-X in some area.. but in more than a few areas (in accordance to my preferences), the Spartan excels.  I'll have more thoughts on the Spartan soon.. but so far, I'm too busy enjoying it to type about it.

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #2,565 of 40,577
The Spartan seems to be one that most users recommend for rock music lovers.  Potentially inter
  I know all the rage is the Zeus/Zeus-R as of late.. but I've had the Spartan-IV (custom version) for a short while now and I find it nothing short of fantastic.  It possesses a near perfect blend of the tonal profile and technicalities I prioritize.  Tied with the UERM, the Spartan is probably my favorite custom IEM to date (I like it more than the CFA Andromeda, too).  In fact, I'm almost certain I like it more than the EE's own Apollo-X custom that I used to have.  It's not as technically adept as the Apollo-X in some area.. but in more than a few areas (in accordance to my preferences), the Spartan excels.  I'll have more thoughts on the Spartan soon.. but so far, I'm too busy enjoying it to type about it.

Nice, it's not always about totl but what fits with your system and sound signature.  How about some pics of your spartan to liven things up a bit? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back