Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 5, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #2,313 of 40,577
What are your thoughts? And is the R a universal demo or your own custom?

I didn't test the Zeus R. I tried the Arthur and SpartanIV+Merlin cable.

My friend did the Arthur amd Zeus R, and his comments were the Arthur had better detail retrieval vs the Zeus R. Warmer sound and more intimate too.

The Zeus R wasn't on the BTG Starlight - rather, it was on the stock EE 3.5mm unbalanced cable that comes with the lower tier IEMs part of the EE portfolio. As such, there is the difference in balanced va unbalanced output to consider.

Housing looked identical to other images of a Zeus/Zeus R.

Aug 5, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #2,314 of 40,577
Hey guys. I've been playing with some gear from JDS Labs. I've never heard a darker background from the Zeus R than pairing it with the Element. There's absolutely no hiss at all. My high end amps are still more detailed of course, but it's really refreshing to have the Zeus R sound absolutely clean like this.

Just want to share this haha. If you ever get the chance to try out a Element at a show or something, make sure to bring your Zeus along.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #2,315 of 40,577
how about we create a list of portable amps that are great to use with empire ears and produce no hiss. 

I have the mojo and its sound great

I always like to use portable amps with all my daps, so a list would help narrow my choices 

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #2,316 of 40,577
  I'm baffled.

I dunno what happened or when, but did Empire Ears ninja out of CanJam London?!?
I had at first wondered how come there weren't taking part in the SHaG prizelist, I figured a Spartan/Cerberus maybe
Then today I just watched Jude's classic pre-CanJam vid, and was dumbfounded to not see any sequence about Empire, and then not even in the list at the end.
I then went to check the CanJam Exhibitor list and no Empire Ears there either. I could've sworn it used to be there but maybe I was just seeing a mirage previously.
Just did a search within this thread, with "London" after another search with "CanJam London" and there's no mention of backing out of it. Page #103 shows Jack enthusiastic about it, followed few pages later by Eu Jin's London gif.
And as far as I know there's no European Empire Ears dealer yet so does this mean there's no Empire Ears iems line-up for demo at CanJam?

I'm aware I wasn't actively posting lately. My review about the Zeus-R should be up by Friday or Sunday at max.
I'm truly bummed about CanJam though. I'd waited a lot to hear out the other iems in the line-up, and I wanted to spend a good 30min more with the Zeus to A/B with my Zeus-R.
I got one idea what could be a cause but I'm afraid even watered down, I'd risk a ban and I rather not, especially as I'm on the volunteering staff... -_-

is this true ?

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #2,317 of 40,577
I'm baffled.

I dunno what happened or when, but did Empire Ears ninja out of CanJam London?!?
I had at first wondered how come there weren't taking part in the SHaG prizelist, I figured a Spartan/Cerberus maybe
Then today I just watched Jude's classic pre-CanJam vid, and was dumbfounded to not see any sequence about Empire, and then not even in the list at the end.
I then went to check the CanJam Exhibitor list and no Empire Ears there either. I could've sworn it used to be there but maybe I was just seeing a mirage previously.
Just did a search within this thread, with "London" after another search with "CanJam London" and there's no mention of backing out of it. Page #103 shows Jack enthusiastic about it, followed few pages later by Eu Jin's London gif.
And as far as I know there's no European Empire Ears dealer yet so does this mean there's no Empire Ears iems line-up for demo at CanJam?

I'm aware I wasn't actively posting lately. My review about the Zeus-R should be up by Friday or Sunday at max.
I'm truly bummed about CanJam though. I'd waited a lot to hear out the other iems in the line-up, and I wanted to spend a good 30min more with the Zeus to A/B with my Zeus-R.
I got one idea what could be a cause but I'm afraid even watered down, I'd risk a ban and I rather not, especially as I'm on the volunteering staff... -_-

Which brings me back to http://www.head-fi.org/t/786335/empire-ears-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz/2025#post_12718983 and possible Audio Sanctuary dealership. EE was on the CanJam list for sure and I was really looking forward to meeting Jack in London. For me EE+Asius collaboration and AS UK for EU dealership would be the best announcement Jack could make.

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #2,318 of 40,577
Which brings me back to http://www.head-fi.org/t/786335/empire-ears-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz/2025#post_12718983 and possible Audio Sanctuary dealership. EE was on the CanJam list for sure and I was really looking forward to meeting Jack in London. For me EE+Asius collaboration and AS UK for EU dealership would be the best announcement Jack could make.

No doubt about that.

But if it was only that, then we would've seen a statement akin to:
we were enthusiastic about introducing ourselves to Europe via Canjam London, but we were working feverishly/with fervor to unveil a massive upcoming release that will blow your minds. And as such we can't make it to this show but stay tuned of the next upcoming show as it will be well worth it.

And I know how outstanding Jack is in regards to these matters so something feels iffy.
Peodros knows what I'm hinting at.

Bah I guess I'll have to save up and book a trip across the pond someday.

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #2,319 of 40,577
No doubt about that.

But if it was only that, then we would've seen a statement akin to:
we were enthusiastic about introducing ourselves to Europe via Canjam London, but we were working feverishly/with fervor to unveil a massive upcoming release that will blow your minds. And as such we can't make it to this show but stay tuned of the next upcoming show as it will be well worth it.

And I know how outstanding Jack is in regards to these matters so something feels iffy.
Peodros knows what I'm hinting at.

Bah I guess I'll have to save up and book a trip across the pond someday.

No clue what you're hinting at. Can't read between the lines either, but obviously you and @Peodros are in the know. If they are out on CanJam, I can only speculate, guess we'll just have to wait for @Jack Vang to do his announcement.

The fact that you could be banned for mentioning/revealing anything plus the saving up for the pond rhing sure doesn't make me feel it's all that positive....

Aug 6, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #2,321 of 40,577
i don't know anything about it actually , i just have a hunch for what cagin may be hinting at 
rolleyes.gif

in fact, i am waiting like everyone for some official talk/statement on why EE will not be on the canjam show

what i understood from cagin's post is that EE was scheduled to appear at canjam and now they are not

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back