Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 6, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #2,326 of 40,611
Haven't posted anything in a while but I just switched from the LGV10 to the Galaxy S7 and though the amp. isn't as good on the S7 (dacs bettwr though) I can comfortably listen to the Hermes 6 eqd w/ the NTG Starlight cable w/ no buffer jack. So for those w/ mobile use who have hiss issue consider the S7

Edit: yes, there is still some hiss (really only noticeable between songs) but it's much batter than my previous mobile.

Aug 7, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #2,328 of 40,611
So after using my supra II's custom for a week or so I've come to the conclusion that I "probably" need a refit, on the right side as it becomes uncomfortable after a while.  This time I "think" that the issue is that the canal is too long so it doesn't sit quite as well as the left one does and becomes uncomfortable at the bottom of the ear.  That being said the weird thing is when I use the seal test to check I get a good strong response on both treble and bass.  However music when I play it seems slightly off, this is through a variety of source.  Not sure what's going on there.  Left fits first time and feels comfortable, but not sure if that needs a little thickening or not as isolation also seems a bit off from what I was expecting?

Any thoughts? 

I've already got in touch with Jack (will sort those photos as requested later!) who's been as good as ever.  Was really hoping not to have to send these back but as it comes to customs c'est la vie.

Thanks

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #2,329 of 40,611
Aug 8, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #2,330 of 40,611
  Happy to be part of the Empire Ears family, by way of the Zeus-Remastered:

I'm gonna take a wild guess, inside of the box you gonna find these: http://www.head-fi.org/t/786335/empire-ears-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz/2145#post_12746413

considering "watches - another passion of..." yours
wink.gif
  Did I guess it right?

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #2,331 of 40,611
Aug 10, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #2,332 of 40,611
I didn't test the Zeus R. I tried the Arthur and SpartanIV+Merlin cable.

My friend did the Arthur amd Zeus R, and his comments were the Arthur had better detail retrieval vs the Zeus R. Warmer sound and more intimate too.

The Zeus R wasn't on the BTG Starlight - rather, it was on the stock EE 3.5mm unbalanced cable that comes with the lower tier IEMs part of the EE portfolio. As such, there is the difference in balanced va unbalanced output to consider.

Housing looked identical to other images of a Zeus/Zeus R.

That is interesting. I would have thought that given the internal wiring of the Arthur, we should see a less intimate (wider) soundstage. 

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #2,333 of 40,611
here is my zeus r review

http://www.head-fi.org/users/381059/reviews

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #2,336 of 40,611
+1
@Jack Vang : And could you please let us know why Empire Ears backed out of the CanJam show. I was so looking forward to meeting you and having the opportunity to try the EE lineup :sadface:

I'm sure whatever the reason it wasn't an easy decision for Jack and the Empire Ears family. I've had the pleasure to meet him a few times and he always seems excited to talk with people like us who love music. We may not be given the reasoning behind the change but we can't expect a company to give out details like that. Plans change for businesses all the time and it's not uncommon for them to keep the specifics under wraps.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #2,337 of 40,611
I'm sure whatever the reason it wasn't an easy decision for Jack and the Empire Ears family. I've had the pleasure to meet him a few times and he always seems excited to talk with people like us who love music. We may not be given the reasoning behind the change but we can't expect a company to give out details like that. Plans change for businesses all the time and it's not uncommon for them to keep the specifics under wraps.

Yeah I know.... It's worth the shot to ask, EE was on my shortlist for CanJam. I've had the pleasure of dealing with @Jack Vang and we've had quite a few email chats. He's a very discrete guy and as transparent as he possibly can, highly respecting his enthusiasm and his efforts to change the IEM landscape. He's extremely customer orientated and I can't imagine @Jack is keeping things from 'us' unless he is 'forced' to do so or without a very important strategic reason. This could have been a great opportunity, I have no doubts he would have loved to be in London too :wink:

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #2,339 of 40,611
Aug 11, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #2,340 of 40,611
Hi guys. Been hearing the buzz on Empire Ears for quite a while and was super curious, yet never got a chance to test them or anything. Any news on whether I can get the Supra II Universal in Malaysia other than just order online? 

Are there any means that might get me to be able to purchase without a hefty shipping fee from the US website?

If there's an alternative of any sort I'd greatly appreciate it. :D

I really, really want to get my hands on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back