Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Jan 7, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #406 of 1,687
Even with the custom earmolds it is no plug and play for me, or I am just that stupid not knowing how to put these things in quickly. I can't possibly believe Earsonics received the wrong kind of impressions as they would surely e-mail me about it? I printed ''How should the audiologist take the impressions'' and took it to the audiologist but I saw he did not read it in full (figuring he knows what to do). However, now I have second thoughts lol. Probably it is just me. Either way, it is quite sucky.

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #408 of 1,687

Quote:
Has anyone compares Sennheiser HD-25i II VS SM3 in terms of soundstage, which one is bigger?I really likes HD-25 soundstage a lot

I don't think the HD-25 has spectacular imaging or soundstaging capabilities. When I tried them, the SM3 were to me the best IEMs I tried as far as soundstage / imaging goes, but more recent IEMs might be competitive there. Both the HD-25 and SM3 remain pretty much "in your head".

For portable headphones, the bests I tried regarding soundstage were the Beyerdynamic T50p and Bowers & Wilkins P5. Both of them, but particularly the T50p were able to give sometimes the illusion of an "out of head" experience.

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #409 of 1,687
Boy I could never get the T50p's to sit right on my ears without physically holding them tighter on my head, and moving them around slightly to find the sweet spot where the sound would suddenly 'open up'. I guess fit for me was impossible with them. 

For me, they never came close to sounding anything like the SM3's.

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #411 of 1,687

Quote:
Boy I could never get the T50p's to sit right on my ears without physically holding them tighter on my head, and moving them around slightly to find the sweet spot where the sound would suddenly 'open up'. I guess fit for me was impossible with them. 

For me, they never came close to sounding anything like the SM3's.

Quote:
For me neither.

I did rearrange their clamping force quite considerably though. And the result is that they actually sounded very close to the SM3. They had that same full-bodied and liquid midrange for example.

Without tightening them, I did not like them at all (bright as hell, lacking dynamics).

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #414 of 1,687
Hello,

I'm new on head-fi, my english isn't perfect so I apologise for the mistakes.

Has someone followed the Westone 4 forums? I own the Earsonics SM3 and I really love it (more than all the others IEM I owned) but I wonder if the Westone 4 are better in term of SQ (natural and balanced sound).

Someone who has and love the SM3 tried the W4 yet?

Thank you very much.

Jan 18, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #415 of 1,687
Hi everyone, Well I got the ibasso t3d now and I also bought the sm3 which should arrive in a few days. Joe, you really got me interested in the 601. I think i did read a while back on the site that it has more bass then its bigger brothers so it might be the best choice for me. So far (i have not been able to connect it to my dacmagic yet) i am a bit disappointed with the t3d ibasso amp. It does not sound as immediate as impactful as just my iphone, it lacks a bit of bass and a bit of sharpness (trebble). Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #416 of 1,687

Quote:
Hello,

I'm new on head-fi, my english isn't perfect so I apologise for the mistakes.

Has someone followed the Westone 4 forums? I own the Earsonics SM3 and I really love it (more than all the others IEM I owned) but I wonder if the Westone 4 are better in term of SQ (natural and balanced sound).

Someone who has and love the SM3 tried the W4 yet?

Thank you very much.

As far as I know only Shigzeo has written a SM3 review and a W4 review. From what he wrote however I doubt one will beat the other, but will rather sound 'just different'. Well, just a wild guess.

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #418 of 1,687
i been enjoying my sm3 for more than six months now .. my main portable source is the cowon s9 wish seems to be a little unbalnced

i'm consodering to buy an portable amp even tho the sm3 are easly driven and not realy requier one ..
wish one would you suggest me?

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #419 of 1,687

The most expensive and biggest one you can get, cos you seem a bit mad.

The SM3 don't need an amp with the S9, you just need to play with the EQ a bit.  Up the treble bands a little and see if that helps.
Quote:
i been enjoying my sm3 for more than six months now .. my main portable source is the cowon s9 wish seems to be a little unbalnced

i'm consodering to buy an portable amp even tho the sm3 are easly driven and not realy requier one ..
wish one would you suggest me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back