Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Jan 1, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #391 of 1,687
Well my head.fi family, I'm no longer a sm3 or fx700 owner. Yes, the 1964 Ears sound has hooked me in with the quad. Now, I do think I will hold onto my sm2, and I may buy another universal (thinking about the w4), but more likely my next purchase will be a triple or es5. Still glad I was part of the sm3 family.

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #392 of 1,687
Just to post my impression regarding the Sony X and SM3, I've tried this combination as well, and didn't find the pairing too good. It was too dark for me.

I decided to keep my SM3 even though most of my listening from now on will be done with the JH13pro. But I love the Clip+, Ibasso T3, SM3 combo so much I can't let it go. The SM3 really was the window for me.

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #397 of 1,687
Notice handheld audio uk no longer stock the 3.  Was that the only place in england to order from?

Cheers.

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #398 of 1,687

Quote:
Well my head.fi family, I'm no longer a sm3 or fx700 owner. Yes, the 1964 Ears sound has hooked me in with the quad. Now, I do think I will hold onto my sm2, and I may buy another universal (thinking about the w4), but more likely my next purchase will be a triple or es5. Still glad I was part of the sm3 family.

Sm3 and FX700 sold ,where is all going to end and nother universal might make its way into your collection Ericp buddy lol .I am waiting for the westone 4 to come out myself and i will be buying that one for shure as i really enjoy the westone 3 and a 4 driver universal will be interesting.
L3000.gif

By the way did you sell your custom 3 ericp ? 

Jan 2, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #400 of 1,687
No luco, I didn't sell the custom 3 and I won't. Yes, the w4 may be my first westone. I think I will definitely keep the sm2 also. And the Panny.
Quote:

Sm3 and FX700 sold ,where is all going to end and nother universal might make its way into your collection Ericp buddy lol .I am waiting for the westone 4 to come out myself and i will be buying that one for shure as i really enjoy the westone 3 and a 4 driver universal will be interesting.
L3000.gif

Jan 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #401 of 1,687
That's great eric, i hope they find there way into your ears every once in a while if you can bare to prise those quads out of your ears 
happy_face1.gif

Quote:
No luco, I didn't sell the custom 3 and I won't. Yes, the w4 may be my first westone. I think I will definitely keep the sm2 also. And the Panny.

Quote:

L3000.gif

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #402 of 1,687
 Just bought the SM3 and listening to Ottmar Liebert's Underworld. Really impressive. Can't wait for my trance tracks. Just using the double flange silicon eartips and I can't complain. I remember how the comply tips made my super.fi 5 pros darker. The silicon tips are a good balance for me.

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #403 of 1,687
My SM3's left woofer seems defective, using sinegen, I am sure I had a perfect seal as I used both stock biflange and comply tips but both yield the same results that the left's bass sounds muffled and silent compared to the tight and loud 20hz of the right one.

Tested again using the right piece to the left ear and the left piece to the right ear but the left earpiece sound silent and muffled again.
then tested using full size headphones to verify if my ears are the problem but they are perfectly fine and balanced...

Im now thinking to send it back for repair, I hope it gets repaired though Im not sure about it's warranty because I bought it secondhand....
seems no more SM3 fun for me indefinitely....

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #404 of 1,687
Well not necessarily SM3 talk but I think this is the most relevant thread so...it is sad that there is no SM2 appreciation thread, and I don't like to create new threads.

I got my SM2 DLX's about two weeks ago. I'm using it every day since then.

It is fantastic. I can't describe it. It is the best thing I've ever heard in my life BY FAR. Well at the day when I got it I was quite disappointed at the dark sound signature(I'm coming from the RE-Zero and FA-003 so you might understand) but I managed to EQ it with my sansa fuze (-1 -1 0 1 2) and after I got used to the equalized SM2 I turned the EQ off and like 3~4 days ago my ears were completely adjusted to the sound signature. 

I'm living in heaven since then. It's just too good. It fits every genre. It's perfect. The cable is the best I've seen(dlx). The fit is perfect. I can't find anything that I don't like. 

I am starting to wonder how good SM3 might be as i'm enjoying my SM2 this much but as I hear from some people (mostly ericp) that they aren't that different in SQ(and I'm broke) so no worries.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #405 of 1,687
Congrats yooss. I actually spent more time listening to the sm2 than the sm3. To my ears there wasn't a big enough difference to warrant having both. I sold the sm3. The sm3 just brings the music closer to you ears with more upfront mids. You get more soundstage space with the sm2. I enjoyed the baby brother more and decided to keep as my one top tier universal right now (well the klipsch custom 3 is pretty much top tier in sound to me too). I'm into custom listening mostly now. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back