Earsonic SM3 alternative?
Jul 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
Stinkysbsc you won't be able to try a ba200 at jaben. Stereo has it though. I bought it from em at s$158. I've never tried the sm3s before but I can tell you that the ba200 is quite smooth at the top and th soundstage is quite good...plenty of width and airy too. But the bass is not as fast and punch as I'd like it to be although the quantity is impressive.

Is it the one on Orchard Road? Also, what is the store like for auditioning? And what store is your favourite in singapore?

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #17 of 23
I agree with the OP that the SM3's are an amazing IEM. I love mine. Could you not take a little longer and just save up for them? Trust me, they're worth it. And they do show up now and then for sale here.

Jul 18, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #19 of 23
I would definitely recommend trying the UM3X, they're very similar(I actually had them both for almost a month).
What I like about them is their highs, very smooth and excellent for long listening sessions, and they're both mid-centric IEMs.

The um3x however, can sound very boomy with their comply-foam, so keep that in mind if you happen to try them out.
Needless to say, I absolutely love my SM3 and it's signature, and the only upgrade I could ever think of, would be customs, Earsonics customs off course.

Jul 24, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:
Is it the one on Orchard Road? Also, what is the store like for auditioning? And what store is your favourite in singapore?

Sorry for the late reply! Yes its at ION orchard. I dont have a favourite store man. When I buy iems/headphones, I usually go to the place where they have it at the best price. Anw, the stores I usually go to are Jaben (Adelphi), Toy Outpost in Plaza Singapura (for lendmeurears.com), Stereo Plaza Singapura as well as Stereo ION. :-D. All of them have great service. Toy outpost is a little different though. They have these storekeepers who would wait for you with leery, judgmental eyes while you audition the phones. But theyre okay. Only that you feel awkward and pressurized.I usually go there to audition the Vsonics. Anw if youre interested in the TDks you can PM me. I dont really use them and i might wanna sell them off at a fair price.

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:
Could anyone please offer a comparison between q-jays and jh5 pro, please?

It's quite hard to compare a custom to a universal... SM3 is probably one of the best universals, and the only real thing that it compete with customs in is sound stage. In terms of overall sound quality, fit, and build quality, customs are generally superior because they use custom made drivers as opposed to the mass produced ones of universals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back