Earphones For Sansa Clip+?
Aug 28, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #16 of 30
You can run any IEM's you want with your new Clip+ up to 80ohm's semi comfortably. So 32ohms and 16ohms isn't a problem for the Clip+ Don't underestimate it's size it actually outputs a decent amount of power. I was running my Sony MDR V6 earlier today and they sounded ok, it wasn't the best but it drives them easily enough.
Scrolling through songs isn't as bad as one may think. I have 32GB of music on my Clip+, as you start scrolling it speeds up...1...2...3. etc etc. so you can zoom fairly well through folders, albums etc etc.. I wouldn't call it frustrating.
Personally I'm not an Apple fan, so I would not get another ipod they sound terrible compared to the Clip+ IMO.
Take a look at this thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/623410/clip-sounds-better-than-the-classic

I don't like the combination of the Sony V6 and Clip+, when a headphone amp isn't used. The V6 isn't at its best. The Clip+ seems to work best with headphones or earphones in the 16 to 32 ohm range. Most headphones or earphones under around 80 ohms will probably work with the Clip+, however using one within the 16 to 32 ohm range is probably best.

I was merely using them as an example. I never said they sounded great, I was pointing out that the Clip+ can drive them.

Nothing more.

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #17 of 30
Yep, thanks :)

Btw I wear spectacles, so the MDR-EX600 won't be uncomfortable, or the EPH-100, Vsonic GR07..etc for that matter?

I really love how comfy my HD 558 are, but I prefer to listen to music while on the bed/sleeping, hence going for IEM.

Both GR07 and MDR-EX600 are worn over the ear. You will find your glasses arm will find a place inbetween the cable and your skull to rest. I know GR07 are fine, as many people in the main thread report there isn't a problem using them with glasses. EX600 however has thicker ear guides, though from my personal opnion I think you'll be ok.

EPH-100 is worn down, so there's no problems there.

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #18 of 30
I'm currently looking for a good deal and then I'll purchase the earphones. As for watching HD 1080/720p movies on my laptop, I'll use these phones. So are they decent enough for movies/tv shows? Any recommendation for the aforementioned?

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #19 of 30
I'm currently looking for a good deal and then I'll purchase the earphones. As for watching HD 1080/720p movies on my laptop, I'll use these phones. So are they decent enough for movies/tv shows? Any recommendation for the aforementioned?

EX600 will be fine for movies though possibly a touch bright on intense sections. if I was going to recommend an all rounder for music, movies and such I would probably lean towards Yamaha EPH-100 instead, It has the better bass rumble. You can't go wrong really, EPH-100 have fantastic separation while EX600 has better imaging and wider stage. EPH-100 stage isn't as wide as it is deep.

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #20 of 30
I can't thank you enough for being so helpful to me mate. Regardless of the CLip+, how does the VSonic do for movies?
I also read that the UF Trifi 10 are more bass oriented and they are not neutralish and clear/detailed as the Vsonic. What is your opinion on this? The trifi 10 seemed awesome coz of detachable cable unlike the GR07 MKII, so if something happens to the cable with the latter, I'll have to replace it with another set. That's one of the reason I was kinda hooked up for the trifi10.

I might also add the Fischer Audio DBA-02 mkII in the end but it seems as if the left/right markings get erased quickly or something of that sort. LOL I'm confused.

I must say that I like neutral, detailed/analytical earphones more coz sometimes I don't understand some words out of the lyrics esp for metal.

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #21 of 30
I can't thank you enough for being so helpful to me mate. Regardless of the CLip+, how does the VSonic do for movies?
I also read that the UF Trifi 10 are more bass oriented and they are not neutralish and clear/detailed as the Vsonic. What is your opinion on this? The trifi 10 seemed awesome coz of detachable cable unlike the GR07 MKII, so if something happens to the cable with the latter, I'll have to replace it with another set. That's one of the reason I was kinda hooked up for the trifi10.

I might also add the Fischer Audio DBA-02 mkII in the end but it seems as if the left/right markings get erased quickly or something of that sort. LOL I'm confused.

I must say that I like neutral, detailed/analytical earphones more coz sometimes I don't understand some words out of the lyrics esp for metal.

GR07 will be ok for movies, it may be missing some dynamics in sections. If you want to use a Clip+ and TF10 buy yourself an Fiio E6 mini amp for $30 and fix that lack of bass issue I mentioned last page.. All I can recommend is the more you wait, the more you'll be confused lol. Often as the more research you do becomes overwhelming.

I own four of your choices I generally rate them like this.

TF10 > GR07 > EX600 > EPH-100

That's not to say the last or lower are bad. But for movies / music TF10 is the best all rounder followed by EPH-100. The other two are brighter and slightly hot in the highs. TF10 would be my favourite IEM, the one I reach for the most.

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #22 of 30
Well do you find the TF10 V-Shaped like many have mentioned? I.e it excels in lows and highs but the mids are somewhat recessed?

How about the GR07, are the neutral/natural? And excel in lows, mids and highs as well?

There are only two things giving me a hard time choosing between the EX600 and GR07 or even the Fischer Audio dba-02 mkII for that matter:

The sony have thick cables but they are detachable which is good and if i find them great, i might get sad for not taking the ex1000 themselves in the first place :pP
The vsonic don't have detachabale cables.
The fischer audio seems to have a problem with the left/right markings getting erased or something.

Any chance you would consider the TF10 as neutral/analytical? :p

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #24 of 30
I think that the Clip's standard os is really rather rubbish. RockBoxx it and download any theme you like and its a really good mp3 play! Super strong, and outputs a nice amount of power. Also not to mention incredibly long battery life! Oh and its tiny too :p

Sep 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #25 of 30
I have a Clip+ and a iPod video. The iPod needs a LOD and amp because the headphone out is imho unbearably bad. The Clip+ on the other hand sounds great. The headphone out is so good, that at near maximum volume setting, it is virtually a line out.

I've used the Clip+ with Westone W1 and UM3X, Sennheiser IE7 it drives them all just fine. It even drives my ES10 pretty well, but you really notice that it's close to the edge of it's capabilities. Adding a Fiio E6 solves the problem.

Ever since I bought the Clip+, I simply haven't used my ipod anymore. Ok, just once, to A-B it against the Clip.

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #26 of 30
hi guys

i was not sure where should I ask my question and I did not want to start a new topic
so i thought that maybe asking it here will help me
i'm going to buy a new IEM (MEElectronics A151) and i was wondering ih sansa clip+ is enought to power it and if i can hear the music without any hissing or any other kind of problems

here are the specs of A151:
  1. Driver: Single micro balanced armature
  1. Housing: High impact deco housing with angled fit
  1. Frequency Response: 20Hz – 18KHz
  1. Sensitivity: 111 dB
  1. Impedance: 27 ohms
  1. Maximum Power Input: 30 mW

thanks ia advance

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #27 of 30
The Clip+ will be able to power a151 to earblasting volumes!

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #30 of 30
Hey Gang
hmmm how do I post without sounding so very ... dumb.  I am not an audiophile OBV but someone recently told me about this site when they heard I wanted to buy a good set of headphones and didn't know where to start.  Most of what I read here is WAY over my head but has been super helpful anyway.  I have had Sansa clips for a long time and am glad to hear it's a reasonable to good 'source' for playing my mp3s.  I listen to everything from classical violin, dance, some mainstream rap, techno, to audiobooks and meditations (bowls and bells).  After briefly testing a pair of Sennheiser 558s today in Future shop, I found myself purchasing a pair online (and saving $127 canadian!)  I was feeling like it was ridiculous to pair these two and then came looking here and found this thread.  Should I go with something else?  I loved the way these felt on my head and ears, although they look quite big for me, and I did enjoy the sound but really it was just a test in the store.  If anyone felt they had an opinion on such a newbie topic it would be greatly appreciated !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back