Dynamic drivers IEM searching, ie8, monster turbine pro, and what else? any suggestion?
Mar 11, 2011 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

T.F.O.A

100+ Head-Fier
OK, wasn't planning to do this, but I've decided i'm going to anyway.
I first started my audio journey with shure e2c, which is a dynamic driver iem, and then upgrade to westone um2.
And I found i don't really like the um2 sounds, after a while, and now while my friend is in the states.
I'm thinking of getting another iem but dynamic driver, been reading reviews about ie8, and monster turbine pro and shure se 215
Any suggestion guys? Since i know those 3 are not the only dynamic drivers iem, so please put in some suggestions.
OH and what's the difference between turbine pro gold and copper? I want an iem that presents the music as a 'whole' not separately(that's my impression of um2), and no westone 3 please, i've auditioned them and don't like how they sounds.

Cheers.

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 51
The coppers are very nice, with good balance and very nicely extended treble.

The Future Sonics Atrios with new MG7 driver are very nice, too.

The Sony MDR-EX1000 is another dynamic driver heavyweight.

The JVC FX700 is yet another.

Check out my review of the dynamic driver custom, the Future Sonics MG6Pro Ear Monitor (link at the bottom of my post).

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 51
Miles Davis Tributes, Radius DDM and the Radius W21 coming out in about a week.

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 51
reviews of the SE215 will start to arrive over the next couple of days and continue over the next month. I would wait to see how they are recieved by head-fi members before buying. Also the new Radius IEM is also going to start to have reviews. This will give you $100 option and another $300 choice.

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #6 of 51
Ok, thanks a lot guys, just check radius, don't like how it looks, so gonna skip that one.
OH yeah, is the jvc fx700 any good? Btw, i'm in beijing and i found a store that sells the ie8 and turbine pro copper, for the same price which is $375
Any suggestion which one i should go for? 

Mar 13, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #12 of 51
Wow, the ex1000 is an upgrade, that sounds interesting, the ie8 sound signature is similar to w3 huh? yeah then, i won't like it so much, what about monster turbine pro copper?? anyone?
Or should i just go with the shure se 215 and see if i'm gonna like how dynamic driver sound? 

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #14 of 51

Quote:
We have a re262 preorder at $150 in HD. I think it is a pretty good deal.

That's probably the best value IEM if you can get it at $150. RE262's are fantastic.

Mar 13, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #15 of 51
Joeyrusso's impressions of the SE215 sound very promising. It appears Shure has made a significant improvement in the dynamic IEM arena from their previous attempts. I would continue to watch the SE215 thread and see what a few more impressions are like. I certainly will be posting mine as soon my pair arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back