Dynamic drivers IEM searching, ie8, monster turbine pro, and what else? any suggestion?
May 4, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #31 of 51
@shotgunshane

You have the atrio m5 and the fx700, out of those 2 whose isolation is better? including build quality and cables.

The fx700 is 80% than normal right? what about the m5?

Thanks

May 4, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #35 of 51
I did, which just got me into a bigger dilemma haha.

I tried the um2 at work today, just to get an idea of how much it blocks the outside noise, i'd say it's pretty good.
I can still hear ppl talking when there's no music but as soon as i turned my ipod on, i can't hear a single thing, even at low volume (30%).

My dilemma is this, i'm waiting for my shure se215 to be repaired, which takes 10 working days (man shure are slow)
Either i go for the atrio m5 (kinda afraid the sound signature is gonna be the same like shure)
Or i just go with the fx700 (only concern about the isolation, and is it really that hard to get a good fit?)

May 4, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #36 of 51
Hello there, I use my Atrios almost everyday. I also have the Shure 530 and 535. I used to use the W2 and W3. I walk to work everyday and it takes me about 40 mins of walking so that will be 1 hr and 20 mins each day just going to work and I am not adding the time it takes me to walk to get food. While i am walking i have my earphones on and for the last  four years 4 earphones have broke either the cables got loose or water got into the ear piece. I have had the Atrios for 3 years and nothing broke on them and i used them 90% of the time. If i had the money i would be getting the Future Sonic custom earphones but as of now i cant. One day i might go for it and i am putting money away for them.

Quote:
Allright, might go for the future sonics atrio, how well is the build quality?
Biggest question of all will the cable last?? I know i had a bad luck with my shure se215, no sound on the left driver after 3days.
What amp/dac goes with dynamic driver?

@shotgunshane
Do you wear the fx700 over ear?

May 4, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #37 of 51

Quote:
Hello there, I use my Atrios almost everyday. I also have the Shure 530 and 535. I used to use the W2 and W3. I walk to work everyday and it takes me about 40 mins of walking so that will be 1 hr and 20 mins each day just going to work and I am not adding the time it takes me to walk to get food. While i am walking i have my earphones on and for the last  four years 4 earphones have broke either the cables got loose or water got into the ear piece. I have had the Atrios for 3 years and nothing broke on them and i used them 90% of the time. If i had the money i would be getting the Future Sonic custom earphones but as of now i cant. One day i might go for it and i am putting money away for them.

Wow, wait you managed to break the westone? By far i thought they're the toughest especially their cables.
But somehow your atrios last? Have you ever break your se535? Well this really sounds good, I'm really leaning on atrios now.

Btw for custom, is it true that our ear is gonna change after 3-4 years? (i've heard of this just forget where or whether it's true or not)

May 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #38 of 51
OK, i auditioned the atrio m5 last week, and for the 1st time ever in my life, i couldn't get a good fit on my right ear.
And it sounded nice, but not what i wanted because the treble is actually less than SE215.
Might be fit issue, but the store didn't let me try it with other fit at that time, well anyway any other recommendation?
Nice bass though, that's for sure.

May 9, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #40 of 51
The new Atrio were made by people who obviously didnt want it to go in humans ears. Also the same people attached a brillant f'ing cord that only lasts a month. They then followed a form factor which no other tips fit. Smart head fi"ers came up with mods which start from the past but lead up to now. Top this with good sound and you get a IEM that lays on the table and mocks you. Fortunately the other side of the company are not drunk they go by name of customer service.

May 9, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #41 of 51

Quote:
The new Atrio were made by people who obviously didnt want it to go in humans ears. Also the same people attached a brillant f'ing cord that only lasts a month. They then followed a form factor which no other tips fit. Smart head fi"ers came up with mods which start from the past but lead up to now. Top this with good sound and you get a IEM that lays on the table and mocks you. Fortunately the other side of the company are not drunk they go by name of customer service.

I think you might just have radioactive sweat that eats cables. That's just what my sources tell me. I have moles everywhere, man.
ph34r.gif

They are experts in judging man-sweat.
tongue_smile.gif
    They also love spankings
deadhorse.gif

I think I've reached the limits of how weird I can get with statements paired with smilies, so I'll change the subject.

You know, just by ripping up a set of the foamies you are left with the inner tubes that are perfect spacers for any of the monster supertips/tripleflanges/MEelectronics tips/sony hybrids/etc. I have Monster triple flanges on my pair of Atrios.

The treble on the new Atrios is definitely better than on the old ones. The bass is actually a little different, too, with a bit more punch.

May 10, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #42 of 51

Quote:

The new Atrio looks identical to the old Atrio, and the old Atrio has been in the market for quite some time now. I have had the my Atrio rev2 since 2008 and have not problem with it, fit or cable wise. If anything I think it is quite a solid design.The bi-flanges does take a little to get used to, but not a major issue at my end as I end up preferring those eartips on Atrio at the end.

May 10, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #43 of 51
@ ClieOs, i tried the new one, with mg7 driver.

I agree about the bass, it packs a PUNCH, but somehow the treble is just not enough, actually probably less than se215.

So any other suggestion?

May 10, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #44 of 51
I have to say I have fit issues with the Atrio using the stock bi-flanges, it never quite feels right. I think I will try taking the foamie cores out and combining them with monster tips.

Have you considered the Miles Davis Tributes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back