DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 3, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #13,111 of 13,478
Maybe take your time and work on every device longer to optimise it better. Its a DAP world and it needs to be more complex. Keep your sound signature, its tremendous. But other things need to be more useful and user friendly. You can chase away A&K and show completely new standards, but it needs to be well optimised. Just my opinion.
Improvements have been made since the original release 2 years ago. FW updates are few and far between these days since there are other devices that are higher priority. With that said - you should check out this thread dedicated to software (FW) update requests: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/

I have tried to provide constructive and detailed feedback to iBasso since the DX220 was first released and hope and encourage others to do the same.

Agree with you on the sublime sound quality - the reason why I have not strayed to other brands or even the latest DX300...

Cheers,
Tim

Jun 3, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #13,112 of 13,478
HELLO
I don't know if it has been written before about the problem that bothers my DX 220
- wi-fi turns off in 90% of cases after a few seconds when I turn it on, and simply refuses to turn on, so they can't download music from the network.
In Tidal and Spotify, there are also issues I haven’t had before, regarding song playback.
Does anyone have the same problem or know how to solve mine?
So.

Jun 3, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #13,113 of 13,478
IBasso please step up. Dx220 sounds fantastic, almost crying during listening sessions.. The sound is utterly fantastic, but everything else is crap. Mango player is lagging, the player itself is getting so hot that I could fry eggs on it. I dont even mention battery life.. its complete crap and disappointing. But the sound.. OMG its magic

Better take it up to the Man direct,
Paul@ibasso.com

They kept their word though, (premium) Desktop sound in a portable device

Jun 3, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #13,114 of 13,478
Jun 5, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #13,115 of 13,478
I think am a rookie in this field. Have never heard mest (although i read many good things about them) and have no idea how Prophile S compare to the xelento in terms of timbre and tuning. So still this no answer to my question but its not a problem, thank you guys anyway. As i wrote, im really happy with the sound im getting from stock amp.
Your concern was whether there would be too much power for sensitive IEMs. You can compare sensitivity of my two pairs with the Xelento and see if that at least answers your question regarding power. I'm pretty confident you would be ok.

Jun 9, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #13,116 of 13,478
does someone know how to connect the dx220 with an Ipad pro 2021 model - to be used as a dac? I wanted to check out apple lossless streaming, but connecting the dac with usb-c gives an error when playing music.

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #13,117 of 13,478
..anyone manage to power an Audeze LCD-4 (not 4z) off amp 8 module ?
I know its one of the toughest recent cans to power.

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #13,118 of 13,478
Your concern was whether there would be too much power for sensitive IEMs. You can compare sensitivity of my two pairs with the Xelento and see if that at least answers your question regarding power. I'm pretty confident you would be ok.
The Amp9 module is very unique, perfect for really sensitive iems i.e. Campfire audio. aside from the Gain in 3 settings, there's also tube amp stage power setting, low & high
I'm using the Low setting for most of my IEMs incl. the Solaris classic Gold.
NO hiss btw...

Jun 9, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #13,119 of 13,478
Needed to send back my dx220 because of battery life- 4.5h is a joke. Im aiming at dx300, seems like average battery life is around 13h which is a good result considering high amp power and power hangry dacs. Plus great screen which can be finally used while the battery and a chipset support it. Dx300 seems like polished and upgraded version of dx220, with even smoother and warmer sound. These things are very tempting.

Jun 10, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #13,120 of 13,478
Needed to send back my dx220 because of battery life- 4.5h is a joke. Im aiming at dx300, seems like average battery life is around 13h which is a good result considering high amp power and power hangry dacs. Plus great screen which can be finally used while the battery and a chipset support it. Dx300 seems like polished and upgraded version of dx220, with even smoother and warmer sound. These things are very tempting.

For ui & battery life - dx300 is miles better, SQ using amp modules 1mkii, up to normal 8, 300 is better.
Exceptions amp8 FE and amp9 SQ - these 2 can hold out on their own.

I'm using high efficiency IEMs - back up time 6+ hours for a 2 y.o. unit, not too bad...

IMG_20210601_192515.jpg

Jun 10, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #13,122 of 13,478
Dx300 is lovely even after 15 hours, and that isn’t just good....it is too freaking good

Let me rephrase it, even Walkman with AndroidOS like Zx500 can’t even get that kind of performances and battery life. Oh, and don’t even mention those AK stuff..(Flaming suit on)
LOL....
the 300s a winner all the way...

Jun 27, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #13,123 of 13,478
Hi @Paul - iBasso,
I just bought the ifi Aurora speaker. There is something I need your help. When I connect my Ibasso DX220 to Aurora using SPDIF -> TOSLINK -> Optical port on Aurora. The frequency is only limit to 44.1 or 48 Khz only. And it's totally no sound when I try to play DSF/DSD files.
The cable I use: Supra mini Toslink to Toslink (https://www.av-connection.com/?PGr=7069)
Is there any suggestion to play the hi-res music file to the Aurora because 50% of my collections are in DSD/DSF format. Thank you.

Jul 3, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #13,124 of 13,478
Hello fellow DX220 owner/users. Has anyone else had the problem of a different track playing for a split second before the track you selected to play starts ? I t happens frequently to me. Also i'd like to be able tto change the artwork in the mango only mode - only 3 choices there. Thank you very much for any replies.

Jul 3, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #13,125 of 13,478
Hello fellow DX220 owner/users. Has anyone else had the problem of a different track playing for a split second before the track you selected to play starts ? I t happens frequently to me. Also i'd like to be able tto change the artwork in the mango only mode - only 3 choices there. Thank you very much for any replies.
Haven't encountered that but I do occasionally experience the first second of a currently selected song cutoff. After a previous track/next track button or touch selection it starts at the beginning as it should. Occurs randomly and infrequently so I just live with it. I am on FW 1.17.256 (the one prior to the latest) as the latest had some new/old bugs/issues introduced.

Paul did inform me in an email at the beginning of June that a new FW was coming soon for the DX220...

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back