DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 4, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #13,126 of 13,478
Haven't encountered that but I do occasionally experience the first second of a currently selected song cutoff. After a previous track/next track button or touch selection it starts at the beginning as it should. Occurs randomly and infrequently so I just live with it. I am on FW 1.17.256 (the one prior to the latest) as the latest had some new/old bugs/issues introduced.

Paul did inform me in an email at the beginning of June that a new FW was coming soon for the DX220...

Cheers,
Tim

Good news...

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #13,128 of 13,478
Haven't encountered that but I do occasionally experience the first second of a currently selected song cutoff. After a previous track/next track button or touch selection it starts at the beginning as it should. Occurs randomly and infrequently so I just live with it. I am on FW 1.17.256 (the one prior to the latest) as the latest had some new/old bugs/issues introduced.

Paul did inform me in an email at the beginning of June that a new FW was coming soon for the DX220...

Cheers,
Tim
I guess you meant JuLy but not JuNe?

Jul 4, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #13,130 of 13,478
Our email exchange was at the beginning of June but he did not give a specific time when the FW would be released other than "soon".

Cheers,
Tim
Yes, we will be releasing it very, very soon.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 4, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #13,132 of 13,478
Jul 8, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #13,133 of 13,478
Anyone else update their DX220 to the latest 1.18 firmware... only to have the Mango mode performance be worse than ever? Now it takes forever to rescan the library... and scrolling through albums causes the artwork to temporarily disappear for a few seconds at every new scroll location. Makes scrolling through albums a real hassle if you use the artwork to help you find what you're looking for... you have to wait a few seconds every scroll of the album list before you can see the artwork for the list of albums currently showing.

What a royal pain. Now I wish I could go back to the previous firmware. Or preferably, iBasso would release an updated firmware that fixes the problems 1.18 caused.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #13,134 of 13,478
Anyone else update their DX220 to the latest 1.18 firmware... only to have the Mango mode performance be worse than ever? Now it takes forever to rescan the library... and scrolling through albums causes the artwork to temporarily disappear for a few seconds at every new scroll location. Makes scrolling through albums a real hassle if you use the artwork to help you find what you're looking for... you have to wait a few seconds every scroll of the album list before you can see the artwork for the list of albums currently showing.

What a royal pain. Now I wish I could go back to the previous firmware. Or preferably, iBasso would release an updated firmware that fixes the problems 1.18 caused.
Did you try doing a factory reset after the update?

Jul 8, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #13,135 of 13,478

Before there where no artwork when scrolling. Also going back to previous firmware is not a issue. First page Hass all the info necessary.

Jul 8, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #13,136 of 13,478

@fokta still has a 1.17
i just deleted mine last week
W/ the 1.18, i am loading files normally from pc to device (not removing the sd card) via android, and shifting back to Mango thereafter.
I experience the album art not showing during playback (this is 1.18) only to show up after i turn back on the screen again.
Viewing by album art, there is a lag - all art along the bottom 2 rows don't initially show. i learned to live with this.

These things (the UI issues) are software limitations
Other than that, SQ (esp. using amp9) makes the 220
a stellar device...

IMG_20210410_165830.jpg

Jul 8, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #13,137 of 13,478
@fokta still has a 1.17
i just deleted mine last week
W/ the 1.18, i am loading files normally from pc to device (not removing the sd card) via android, and shifting back to Mango thereafter.
I experience the album art not showing during playback (this is 1.18) only to show up after i turn back on the screen again.
Viewing by album art, there is a lag - all art along the bottom 2 rows don't initially show. i learned to live with this.

These things (the UI issues) are software limitations
Other than that, SQ (esp. using amp9) makes the 220
a stellar device...

IMG_20210410_165830.jpg
Hi.. Yes.. I still have 1.17..
although I dont have DX220 anymore.. but I still keep the FW..
just drop me a PM, I will send the link to share the FW..

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #13,139 of 13,478
Jul 8, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #13,140 of 13,478
Before there where no artwork when scrolling. Also going back to previous firmware is not a issue. First page Hass all the info necessary.
I am experiencing the same problem. Also,
Why is scrolling only possible in one direction. I t is very annoying to have to scroll through Anna tire list from A to Z to get to V. Other players can scroll in any direction. Why can’t this be fixed???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back