DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 5, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #13,471 of 13,478
Win 11. Want to transfer music files.
Manual says can be used as a reader but gives no specifics.
It doesn't show up on the computer at all.

You would figure plug and play as a reader.
Did you install the Windows driver from the ibasso webpage under downloads? I had to do that for my Windows computer.

Apr 5, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #13,472 of 13,478
Did you install the Windows driver from the ibasso webpage under downloads? I had to do that for my Windows computer.
I had to do something too for 220 to be recognized (Windows 10) but cannot remember what it was.

Had something to do with switching usb options in 220 to allow file transfer but i couldnt access those options. I had to do something to be able to access those options.
I think its posted in this thread somewhere on how i got it working. Not much help, I know. But I've been where you are now. If I remember more, I'll post.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #13,476 of 13,478
clicked on, says requested private message could not be found

Driver installed earlier today to see if it would help.
No Joy!

Ok, this sums up what I posted in the PM on how I got it to work. Maybe this will help.

"I got it figured out.

In settings - connected devices .... USB option was always greyed out. My PC didn't recognize the 220 until I accessed developer options and turned on MTP file transfer in the USB options. Then my PC picked up the DX220 and installed a driver. Now when I connect to my PC I can get the option to Transfer Files in the USB menu like you show in your photo.

I've had my DX220 for well over a year and always had to pull the Micro SD card out to transfer music from my the library on my PC because the PC would never recognize the player. It wasn't until yesterday that I decided to finally try and figure out what was going on.

Thanks for the photo and thanks again for taking the time to lend a hand."

This is the photo that I am referring to in the above text. This option should pop up when you connect the 220 to the PC. ...
1712357950094.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #13,478 of 13,478
Sometimes I have the impression that despite my excellent quality DACs, amplifiers and connection cables, listening to headphones directly on the DX220 is more pleasant and musical.
It is a clean direct path. It was good/great a few years ago and nothing has changed. :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back