DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 20, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #13,081 of 13,478
Trying to get a replacement battery for DX220. I've emailed Paul (ibasso), but haven't been keeping up with the forums lately. Not sure if they're still offering paid battery replacements, and how I'd go about getting one. Any help or redirection from forum members is greatly appreciated!

Thx, Vince

May 20, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #13,082 of 13,478
Trying to get a replacement battery for DX220. I've emailed Paul (ibasso), but haven't been keeping up with the forums lately. Not sure if they're still offering paid battery replacements, and how I'd go about getting one. Any help or redirection from forum members is greatly appreciated!

Thx, Vince
It's easy. If you emailed iBasso then you would be good.

May 20, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #13,083 of 13,478

Thx, Vince

They offer batteries, even the 200 models. in the 200 thread, they even shared a diy how-to open, replace them.
you can through mail, or dm via their fb page...

May 26, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #13,084 of 13,478
Can anybody share a link / links where to source out interconnect usb c to 4.4 balance male? i plan the 220 as transport,
fancy the new mt-604. thanks...

May 27, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #13,085 of 13,478
HELLO
I don't know if it has been written before about the problem that bothers my DX 220
- wi-fi turns off in 90% of cases after a few seconds when I turn it on, and simply refuses to turn on, so they can't download music from the network.
In Tidal and Spotify, there are also issues I haven’t had before, regarding song playback.
Does anyone have the same problem or know how to solve mine?

May 27, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #13,087 of 13,478
Why would you use USB-C > 4.4mm dac which would be inferior to AMP8?
i don't have the amp8 module. the other alternative interconnect would be
Coaxial female to 4.4 balance male connected to the MT-604
1622111461117.png
1622111631836.png

May 27, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #13,088 of 13,478
Why would you use USB-C > 4.4mm dac which would be inferior to AMP8?
Because using the amp8 output would be amplified meanwhile using the usb/spdif its just the signal coming from the dac, not from the amp. If you want to use it to transfer the sound from the dap into an external amp, being double amplified would be worse, so ideally just pulling out the music from the dac side and the amplifying on the amp part (talking on my scenario, of course)

Or maybe im completely wrong because im not a very tech expert :D

May 27, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #13,089 of 13,478
Why not go 2.5mm to xlr or 4.4mm. Amp1 has balanced output after all

May 27, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #13,090 of 13,478
Because using the amp8 output would be amplified meanwhile using the usb/spdif its just the signal coming from the dac, not from the amp. If you want to use it to transfer the sound from the dap into an external amp, being double amplified would be worse, so ideally just pulling out the music from the dac side and the amplifying on the amp part (talking on my scenario, of course)

But op asked for USB>4.4mm which is not spdif output but analog output. You would need to use something like iBasso DC04 which I assume would be inferior to any amp module. And you would be still double amping.

i don't have the amp8 module. the other alternative interconnect would be
Coaxial female to 4.4 balance male connected to the MT-604
That will not work. SPDIF is digital. If you dont have AMP8 why not use the AMP1 balanced output (2.5mm>4.4mm)? Still much better solution than looking for usbc interface etc. imho.

EDIT: @lantian got it first :wink:

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #13,091 of 13,478
Why not go 2.5mm to xlr or 4.4mm. Amp1 has balanced output after all

2.5 to xlr it is i.e. DAP 2.5mm out>
1622120599577.png
1622120732529.png

But op asked for USB>4.4mm which is not spdif output but analog output. You would need to use something like iBasso DC04 which I assume would be inferior to any amp module. And you would be still double amping.

That will not work. SPDIF is digital. If you dont have AMP8 why not use the AMP1 balanced output (2.5mm>4.4mm)? Still much better solution than looking for usbc interface etc. imho.

EDIT: @lantian got it first :wink:

yep, 2.5 to xlr, easiest way - now the link is complete.

Thanks, gents...

May 27, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #13,092 of 13,478

unfortunately, the spdif will require another component in the chain i.e. control amp/receiver.
i just want to simplify the chain, less components, works best in the set i'm trying achieve.
using the 2.5 bal. as LO, i'd consider it as VLO since vol. pot. is operational, but i'd keep it @ v.50 (1/2 of the total v.out w/c is 100)...

May 27, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #13,093 of 13,478
unfortunately, the spdif will require another component in the chain i.e. control amp/receiver.
i just want to simplify the chain, less components, works best in the set i'm trying achieve.
using the 2.5 bal. as LO, i'd consider it as VLO since vol. pot. is operational, but i'd keep it @ v.50 (1/2 of the total v.out w/c is 100)...
My brother uses his amp9 hp out for line out. Just tune the volume to match the amps gain. So using the 2.5mm out should still offer stellar performance and musicality. The hp out is verry clean. The way i see it only problem with double amping appears if the hp amp and the big amp are tuned for completly different representation. As long as the big amp is the same sound tuning it will never have issues just my2c

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #13,094 of 13,478
Hello,
just purchased used dx220 from the shop and trying to install Lurker's version of OS but having troubles. I dont have mini sd card adapter for pc so was trying to do it using AndroidTool application. In point 5 in manual is: "5. Wait until "No Device Found" changed to "Found ONE Loader Device" at the bottom." But in my case shows "Found ONE ADB Device" instead of "Found ONE Loader Device". Run button doesnt work. Is there any way to do it without formated mini sd card or I should purchase this stupid adapter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back