DX220 Thread for software requests.
May 6, 2019 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 418
If you have issues or suggestions you can post them here and tag me. I will normally get an email notification and I can send that to our software team. Please do not PM me here as that is slow and it takes time for me to get back to you using that method.

We have Over The Air (OTA) updates as well as Local, for downloading the firmware from our site and placing that download (without unzipping) to a micro sd card.

Most importantly, we want everyone to enjoy the music.

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 6, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 418
I emailed the issues previously

Android
1. When select Artist, Mango can't sort & display by Artist/Album (Only Artist/Songs) which is hard to select artist for album listening.
2. Playing by folder can't be selected by top of the root. Such as If I put music in SD Card/XXX/Artist/Album/song.flac, I can't touch+hold to select playing all songs from XXX while from Artist & Album can.

Both Mango & Android
1. After select any library or folder, when push back button, the lists come back to the top of sorting not at the same location that need to scroll down to the same location again.

May 6, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 418
I sent these notes to Paul, but thought I'd list them here gain on the official bug thread. They pertain only to Mango OS.

1). In “album view” when I flip the icon toggle from “list view” to “grid view” it doesn’t stay after I select an album/track. Every time I go back to album view it reverts back to list view and I have to toggle it back to grid view.

As mentioned above, every time I go back to Album view in grid mode it brings me to the start of list instead of back to the position where I tapped on an album.

Also, there is no option to increase the number or rows/columns. There is enough screen real estate now to go from 2X3 to 3X5, or at least have the option available.

2) Bringing up the contextual menu and selecting play doesn’t sort correctly. For example if I go to an artist in “artist view” and hold down for the contextual menu and push play it should play all the songs of the artist in alphanumeric sequence. However is sorts incorrectly like this example:

“Nocturne-01”
“Pavane-01"
“Sonata-01”
“Nocturne-02”
“Pavane-02”
“Sonata-02”

It should sort this way:

“Nocturne-01”
“Nocturne-02”
“Pavane-01”
“Pavane-02”
“Sonata-01”
“Sonata-02”

3) Sorting generally does not work correctly. In “All Music” title view sorts correctly. If I switch to, e.g., artist view, the individual tracks under each artist is jumbled in terms of each title’s alphanumeric sequence. So, in Mango OS there is currently no way to automatically play all the tracks of an artist in correct order.

The same problem occurs in Genre view. if I tap Genre from the main menu it takes me to a list of albums. If I hold down Genre it gives me a contextual menu with play, but it does not sort correctly. So, in Mango OS, there is no way to automatically play all the tracks of a Genre in correct order.

4) For the playback modes, It would be helpful to have a mode that automatically goes to the next album. Since, we often single tracks many of my albums only have one track. After that song plays Mango Player stops. It would be great if it automatically went to the next artist album and kept playing continuously.

May 7, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #7 of 418
@Paul - iBasso

1. At the lowest brightness setting, the dx220 is too bright in a dark room. Any way you can make the screen dimmer on the lowest setting to save battery?

2. When sorting by artist, any way to add thumbnail?
For number 2, I am not sure I understand. For All music view or the Artist and have a thumbnail for each artist?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 7, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #8 of 418
For number 2, I am not sure I understand. For All music view or the Artist and have a thumbnail for each artist?

I'm not sure what the original poster had in mind, but I also would love to have a thumbnail of the album artwork next to the artist name.

Currently, in Mango OS, there is just the same generic graphic of a person outline next to each name. It would be nice to have a thumbnail of any one of their album covers to uniquely identify the artist by a picture.

May 7, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #9 of 418

Yes thumbnail for each artist.

This too Paul. It's very annoying
"Both Mango & Android
1. After select any library or folder, when push back button, the lists come back to the top of sorting not at the same location that need to scroll down to the same location again."

May 7, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #10 of 418
I'm not sure what the original poster had in mind, but I also would love to have a thumbnail of the album artwork next to the artist name.

Currently, in Mango OS, there is just the same generic graphic of a person outline next to each name. It would be nice to have a thumbnail of any one of their album covers to uniquely identify the artist by a picture.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

May 7, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #11 of 418
Hello @Paul - iBasso Thank you for allowing us to submit issues and enhancement requests.

So far I'm happy with the Mango OS. There's just one thing I'd really love it to have, the letter scroll just like below. Scrolling through 1000+ is a pain without this :frowning2: Thank you!

252b900c11ac21781b72c786f5d83435.png

May 7, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #12 of 418
Hello @Paul - iBasso Thank you for allowing us to submit issues and enhancement requests.

So far I'm happy with the Mango OS. There's just one thing I'd really love it to have, the letter scroll just like below. Scrolling through 1000+ is a pain without this :frowning2: Thank you!

252b900c11ac21781b72c786f5d83435.png

I know the requests are stacking up, but we really do want Mango OS player to be the best. So, yes please to letter scrolling.

May 7, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #13 of 418
Hi Paul, This is so good to see. I was in the process of deciding on a new player. I have been lurking on a few boards watching all the firms who make good players and this is the sort of discussion that will make me spend my money on a DX220.
Keep up the good work, it is really good to see a this sort of working with customers / users. I look forward to joining the discussion once I have my new DX220.

Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back