DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 5, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #18,092 of 22,021
Well, I cannot install the Oreo due to image file corrupted. So I cannot upgrade it. I am wondering if I can undo Lurker's firmware to install the Oreo and how to undo it.
I came from Lurker's latest and it didnt affect the installation of Oreo. Just do a full wipe after the install as it is good practice to fully wipe after a major upgrade or from swapping ROMs

Oct 5, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #18,093 of 22,021
Well, I cannot install the Oreo due to image file corrupted. So I cannot upgrade it. I am wondering if I can undo Lurker's firmware to install the Oreo and how to undo it.
Let's go from the start. Where did you get your zip file in the first place? Was it from here??

http://www.ibasso.com/down.php -> Oreo

Is the zip file size: 775 MB (813,201,946 bytes)?

And when you unzip, what file size was the Update.dmg file? Is it 1.73 GB (1,859,940,824 bytes)?

Oct 5, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #18,094 of 22,021
How long have you own your DX200 unit? I have the exact problem and my unit is more than a year old, i have to send it back to ibasso for battery replacement and everything works great now.
Talking about battery, I have recently changed the it myself as the warranty just gone.
The reason was that I realised that the battery percentage dropped significantly to ~3-5% from 30% one day.
Before that I had already known that the battery was no longer strong to hold for 4 hours playing time which I could have before.
And the situation deteriorated drastically, most recently from 58% straight to 1%.
I then purchased a replaceable battery which stated 4000mAh @ 3.7V which has approximately the same plane area as the original one but 1.2 times the thickness of the already swelt battery which claimed to be 4400 mAh @ 3.8V, and a little bit heavier.
I resoldered the circuit board to the new battery which came without the 'T' wire from its original board.
The battery life now is much longer than using the original battery and the sound signature changed a bit stronger than before.
I am a little bit suspicious that the QuickCharge was the cause as I had never faced this before I firstly used it to charge the first device, which was DX200.

Oct 5, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #18,095 of 22,021
Talking about battery, I have recently changed the it myself as the warranty just gone.
The reason was that I realised that the battery percentage dropped significantly to ~3-5% from 30% one day.
Before that I had already known that the battery was no longer strong to hold for 4 hours playing time which I could have before.
And the situation deteriorated drastically, most recently from 58% straight to 1%.
I then purchased a replaceable battery which stated 4000mAh @ 3.7V which has approximately the same plane area as the original one but 1.2 times the thickness of the already swelt battery which claimed to be 4400 mAh @ 3.8V, and a little bit heavier.
I resoldered the circuit board to the new battery which came without the 'T' wire from its original board.
The battery life now is much longer than using the original battery and the sound signature changed a bit stronger than before.
I am a little bit suspicious that the QuickCharge was the cause as I had never faced this before I firstly used it to charge the first device, which was DX200.

May you share with us the demension of the battery please ? I was thinking about a better battery too, and I am glad you are already doing it first. Any information is appreciated

So, you said that you directly soldered onthe new battery ? Why don’t you try and solder on a T-connector for future battery changes ?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #18,098 of 22,021
Press power and play button to get to debugging menu. Scroll to clear cache to see if that helps. Otherwise, you can do a factory reset.
Thanks for the reply. Right now I can't get the screen to turn on, but once I can get to the debugging menu, a cache clear and factory reset will be my next moves.

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #18,099 of 22,021
Of course. My Purist ROM will provide improvements to UAPP too. :)

Hello, I now tested your purist rom but I need help. I preferred ibasso dx200 device to primary streaming and offline playback from original stock Tidal app... Please I need stable Parametric EQ (Tonebooster) primary still function on the background and compatible with my stock Tidal app. stock ibasso ROM, Lurker ROM, and your ROM not supported Tonebooster with my stock Tidal app... sound from my stock Tidal app is big fail, big flat without clear trebles and dynamic sound... Yes! after installed USB Audio Player Pro and setup app to HiRes Direct driver, set Tonebooster in this app, sound is much better but this app not support off-line playback included Tidal account in this app... I need stock Toneboster included and still function to background in to your ROM function primary to all audio apps. I ask Paul to possibility insert Tidal in to mango with direct access to HiRes Driver, similarly than It has app USB Audio Player Pro, but still No answer... You anything also can?? does not matter of the price!! I need better HiRes sound with stock tidal app only one supported offline playback. USB Audio Player Pro not have offline playback but have direct access to HiRes Driver, direct access to DAC with Lurker USB Audio app, and superb tone booster with Parametric EQ, produce best treble/bass sound to my Shure SE 846 blue nozzle. any ideas? thank you.
Q8qMQIll.jpg
1bqg8PKl.jpg
RXJHF0Dl.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #18,100 of 22,021
t requires socket2 runtime to run it and your older Windows XP may not have it. Please download one from here and extract to C:\Windows\System32 directory and run again.

http://www.dlldownloader.com/ws2_32-dll/

And installing purist room without it disabled will be a problem?

ws2_32.dll is there, c:\windows\system32 , maybe your access route is to different folder?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #18,102 of 22,021
Thanks for the reply. Right now I can't get the screen to turn on, but once I can get to the debugging menu, a cache clear and factory reset will be my next moves.
Try plugging the unit in for power and then press the power button and play button at the same time. After about 20 seconds, you should see the debugging menu.

Oct 5, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #18,105 of 22,021
Hello, I now tested your purist rom but I need help. I preferred ibasso dx200 device to primary streaming and offline playback from original stock Tidal app... Please I need stable Parametric EQ (Tonebooster) primary still function on the background and compatible with my stock Tidal app. stock ibasso ROM, Lurker ROM, and your ROM not supported Tonebooster with my stock Tidal app... sound from my stock Tidal app is big fail, big flat without clear trebles and dynamic sound... Yes! after installed USB Audio Player Pro and setup app to HiRes Direct driver, set Tonebooster in this app, sound is much better but this app not support off-line playback included Tidal account in this app... I need stock Toneboster included and still function to background in to your ROM function primary to all audio apps. I ask Paul to possibility insert Tidal in to mango with direct access to HiRes Driver, similarly than It has app USB Audio Player Pro, but still No answer... You anything also can?? does not matter of the price!! I need better HiRes sound with stock tidal app only one supported offline playback. USB Audio Player Pro not have offline playback but have direct access to HiRes Driver, direct access to DAC with Lurker USB Audio app, and superb tone booster with Parametric EQ, produce best treble/bass sound to my Shure SE 846 blue nozzle. any ideas? thank you.
Q8qMQIll.jpg
1bqg8PKl.jpg
RXJHF0Dl.jpg

Well, Google took out soundfx library engine completely in Oreo ROM (saved me trouble in removing some manually in my Purist ROM). So, this plugin is out-dated in Oreo and your best bet is to wait until they release an update for Oreo ROM or newer with new audio effect engine.

You can gain free audio improvements with Purist ROM with other approaches aside sound effects that manipulate data directly. I know ToneBooster has been an effective solution for you but since it's not working with Oreo, maybe you can consider other solutions to improve sound quality. :)

And installing purist room without it disabled will be a problem?

ws2_32.dll is there, c:\windows\system32 , maybe your access route is to different folder?

Many thanks

Well, it will not cause an issue to the device without verity disabled but changes in system partition won't be updated so you'll see no changes applied until you disable verity.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back