DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 4, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #18,076 of 22,021
Massdrop, you'll probably have to watch for it but I don't think for long, it'll probably be available again soon. There's MMCX version from MEE Audio directly too.

Dude! Good info! Thanks for the links and the downlow on the MMCX variant.

Oct 4, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #18,077 of 22,021
Is there a table comparing all available AMPs? I am using AMP4s with my DX150 but would like to understand the difference to AMP8 or any other AMP that has balanced output.
I've been wanting to build a table like this for some time but hadn't gotten around to it and promptly forgot - even talked to @ExpatinJapan but think I need to talk to Paul/iBasso on the specs of each.

Oct 4, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #18,078 of 22,021
Whatever you did..dude its awesome!! IMHO definitely improvements over stock oreo..soundstage is larger, everything sounds more clearer. Love it!!..more testing

I'm happy to hear you like the improvements with Purist ROM. Mango Player also has performance improvements and has improved UI too. :)

Im using fidelizer for now! No issues for me!

I'm glad to hear Purist ROM works fine with your DAP. Happy listening. :)

Hi WindowsX, when I'm trying to run disable verity.bat file on my spare windows xp pc, I'll get error add.exe entry point not found/ The procedure entry point WSAPoll could not be found in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll.
I was able to upgrade basso dx200 to oreo without any problems.
Thank you

It requires socket2 runtime to run it and your older Windows XP may not have it. Please download one from here and extract to C:\Windows\System32 directory and run again.

http://www.dlldownloader.com/ws2_32-dll/

Regards,
Keetakawee

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #18,079 of 22,021
Hi! Can anyone advice me on the installation of Oreo? The image file that i try gives me error. It says the image file is corrupted. Cannot install it. Try online update cannot as it keeps searching.

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #18,080 of 22,021
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #18,081 of 22,021
How long have you own your DX200 unit? I have the exact problem and my unit is more than a year old, i have to send it back to ibasso for battery replacement and everything works great now.
More than a year. I am doing more testing following Whitigir & Paul's advice. Hopefully it's not the DX200

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #18,083 of 22,021
I'm happy to hear you like the improvements with Purist ROM. Mango Player also has performance improvements and has improved UI too. :)
I'm glad to hear Purist ROM works fine with your DAP. Happy listening. :)

@WindowsX I use UAPP exclusively as my player because it is the only one that can use the native iBasso driver, stream Tidal, and has a good quality parametric EQ.

Does your Purist ROM also provide improvements to SQ using a player like UAPP that can access the iBasso driver?

Oct 5, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #18,084 of 22,021
@WindowsX I use UAPP exclusively as my player because it is the only one that can use the native iBasso driver, stream Tidal, and has a good quality parametric EQ.

Does your Purist ROM also provide improvements to SQ using a player like UAPP that can access the iBasso driver?

Of course. My Purist ROM will provide improvements to UAPP too. :)

Oct 5, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #18,086 of 22,021
5CDEBDF6-6C8E-4ACA-899B-56267CE6ADD5.png
It seems to defeat the purpose of owning a modular DAP if the DAP amps are "limited release".
It limits the ability to actually utilize that functionality.

Anyway more completed incomplete notes on iBasso amps...

for @AnakChan

@chortya

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #18,087 of 22,021
I've heard the DX200's can't be bricked, so I'm hopeful I just need someone to suggest the right hardware override to bring it back to life. Thanks!

Really?

I was kind of uneasy about attempting the Oreo upgrade even with a PC, that would be good news...

On your topic I had several instances (3-4 times) where AMP8 drained my battery at once (or at least the device thinks it doesn't have juice). One time I might have not have waited enough after shut down for amp switching. The other times I waited quite a bit so I am pretty sure it was OK.

From what I am reading @Paul - iBasso, this could mean AMP8 needs servicing?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #18,088 of 22,021
Anyone in Android 8.1 getting the problem that dx200 will automatically shut down if there is no playback in android mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back