DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 4, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #18,061 of 22,021
my dsd128 and 256 play ok in pure mango mode dsd512 cut out a couple of times

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #18,063 of 22,021
Oct 4, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #18,064 of 22,021
You must have a friend/co-worker who has a PC, no?

Well, those who have a PC run Linux the other run Macs, such is the life in IT :)

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #18,066 of 22,021
Hi,

I am having an strange issue with my DX208. I switch it on, after 2 minutes it switches itself off. That happens both in Mango and Android. Press the on button, everytime starts in Android mode.booting as if a reset would have happened. The battery drains itself 10% each time I restart the DX208. I have no idea why this is happening. Any suggestions appart from doing a Factory Reset? (it hasn't worked)
I am in the latest Lurker firmware

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #18,067 of 22,021
Hi,

I am having an strange issue with my DX208. I switch it on, after 2 minutes it switches itself off. That happens both in Mango and Android. Press the on button, everytime starts in Android mode.booting as if a reset would have happened. The battery drains itself 10% each time I restart the DX208. I have no idea why this is happening. Any suggestions appart from doing a Factory Reset? (it hasn't worked)
Try the official firmware instead. Could be a bug with lurker firmware

If you still has the issue with stock firmware, your Amp1 can’t replicate the problem, then your Amp8 is likely defected

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #18,068 of 22,021
Try the official firmware instead. Could be a bug with lurker firmware

If you still has the issue with stock firmware, your Amp1 can’t replicate the problem, then your Amp8 is likely defected
I have tried to install the stock firmware but the DX208 switches off in the copying phase. I'll try to change amps and see what happens
Thanks!!

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #18,069 of 22,021
Well, those who have a PC run Linux the other run Macs, such is the life in IT :)
Interesting. Most of the IT people at my work use PCs such as Lenovo and Dell. Probably because my work uses all PCs.

Oct 4, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #18,070 of 22,021
Does anyone have suggestions on less common ways to hard reboot the DX200? Holding power button for up to a minute, or holding play button then plugging in to computer produces no results. My device appears to be completely unresponsive after encountering a strange error while trying to downgrade from 8.1 beta back to 6.1.

@Paul - iBasso , I'll drop you the details in a PM so maybe you can help me troubleshoot.

I've heard the DX200's can't be bricked, so I'm hopeful I just need someone to suggest the right hardware override to bring it back to life. Thanks!

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #18,071 of 22,021
Does anyone have suggestions on less common ways to hard reboot the DX200? Holding power button for up to a minute, or holding play button then plugging in to computer produces no results. My device appears to be completely unresponsive after encountering a strange error while trying to downgrade from 8.1 beta back to 6.1.

@Paul - iBasso , I'll drop you the details in a PM so maybe you can help me troubleshoot.

I've heard the DX200's can't be bricked, so I'm hopeful I just need someone to suggest the right hardware override to bring it back to life. Thanks!
Press power and play button to get to debugging menu. Scroll to clear cache to see if that helps. Otherwise, you can do a factory reset.

Oct 4, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #18,072 of 22,021
Hi,

Please try the DX200 with the stack AMP1. If it is normal then please contact me at paul@ibasso.com as the AMP8 may need servicing.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 4, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #18,073 of 22,021
Hi,

How long have you own your DX200 unit? I have the exact problem and my unit is more than a year old, i have to send it back to ibasso for battery replacement and everything works great now.

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #18,074 of 22,021
That plug kit is nice! I must get one! Exclusive to Massdrop? Is it an anytime purchase or have to watch for it to go up for sale?

Massdrop, you'll probably have to watch for it but I don't think for long, it'll probably be available again soon. There's MMCX version from MEE Audio directly too.

I got the 2-pin version from Massdrop here <https://www.massdrop.com/buy/69237#overview>

At a different color / finishing, the MMCX version is available (as a set) here <http://www.meeaudio.com/CMB-BAL-SET> and on Massdrop here <https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mee-audio-mmcx-balanced-audio-cable-with-adapters>

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #18,075 of 22,021
Hi,

How long have you own your DX200 unit? I have the exact problem and my unit is more than a year old, i have to send it back to ibasso for battery replacement and everything works great now.

Similar experience, about a year and a battery replacement gave mine a new lease of life too!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back