DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 5, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #18,123 of 22,021
Yeah! But I could not afford to send my DX200TI back again to ibasso for uploading the unstable beta FW then get stuck and struggled like some of you did. :smirk:

Luckily I installed w/o a hint of trouble. Doing all this weird stuff, installing modded roms, side loading apps is bread and butter of Android. Thats why I guessed Iphone users may feel this is a tad complicated, I guess it may vary well be if your not used to this kinda of stuff.

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #18,124 of 22,021
Luckily I installed w/o a hint of trouble. Doing all this weird stuff, installing modded roms, side loading apps is bread and butter of Android. Thats why I guessed Iphone users may feel this is a tad complicated, I guess it may vary well be if your not used to this kinda of stuff.
Now Now...let's try not to generalize. There are lots of iPhone users who like to tinker as well.

:L3000::L3000:

Oct 5, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #18,127 of 22,021
Well, Google took out soundfx library engine completely in Oreo ROM (saved me trouble in removing some manually in my Purist ROM). So, this plugin is out-dated in Oreo and your best bet is to wait until they release an update for Oreo ROM or newer with new audio effect engine.

I'm in the same situation streaming Tidal through UAPP with Tonebooster's EQ. Does this mean that when the official release of iBasso's Oreo ROM comes out it will still not have audio effects support for third party plugins?

Oct 6, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #18,128 of 22,021
Hello, how can software illegal? when I have applications on the google play store correctly paid! goes only about to access! OK, better will be for me sold DX200 and buy better Fiio with fully support and access to my correctly paid apps from google play store

Installing your purchased app in Play Store isn't illegal. You can sideload adb or install apk from file manager directly. Trying to make google play services in unauthorized device is illegal. If I patch my ROM to make Google Play Services working, I will become illegal ROM cooker.

I'm in the same situation streaming Tidal through UAPP with Tonebooster's EQ. Does this mean that when the official release of iBasso's Oreo ROM comes out it will still not have audio effects support for third party plugins?

It appears to be that way. Maybe you can ask either iBasso or Tonebooster developer to update their products.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #18,129 of 22,021
I think I have the same symptom for my recent amp8.
I have no problem with amp3.
I will test it with amp1.
I am in the testing process. Wipe data. Installed last official firmware. Installed Amp4. So far, so good. Now , after some more testing, I will reinstall Amp8.

Oct 6, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #18,130 of 22,021
Google took out soundfx library engine completely in Oreo ROM (saved me trouble in removing some manually in my Purist ROM)
You just demonstrated your ignorance: soundfx is still there! Take a look to /vendor/etc, /vendor/lib, /vendor/lib64.

Oct 6, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #18,131 of 22,021
Installing your purchased app in Play Store isn't illegal. You can sideload adb or install apk from file manager directly. Trying to make google play services in unauthorized device is illegal. If I patch my ROM to make Google Play Services working, I will become illegal ROM cooker.

It appears to be that way. Maybe you can ask either iBasso or Tonebooster developer to update their products.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hello, if it is a ROM only about access to google play store, similarly like it is other android devices, It is correct! that they are trying close, similarly than closed iPhone devices, is their thing... I want access and choose device, which ones allow it (Fiio). Now I wait and last chance for my iBasso is new Lurker Oreo ROM... if I fail to gain access, I sell the DX200 device and buy Fiio/Oreo with Google Play Store working.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #18,132 of 22,021
Hello, if it is a ROM only about access to google play store, similarly like it is other android devices, It is correct! that they are trying close, similarly than closed iPhone devices, is their thing... I want access and choose device, which ones allow it (Fiio). Now I wait and last chance for my iBasso is new Lurker Oreo ROM... if I fail to gain access, I sell the DX200 device and buy Fiio/Oreo with Google Play Store working.

Up to you whether you want to go piracy or not. There's always an alternative which isn't illegal like ApkMirror, Yalp Store, sideload install, etc.

You can also go back to 2.10.215 without Google play services blocking.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #18,134 of 22,021
They need to pay google for play store services, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back