Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public?
Sep 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #46 of 103
Quote:

Yes, but the difference between their assessments and ours is that we are correct. 
wink.gif

Good call, to let it go I mean.  Not because they'll never learn, or because you think they're hopeless, or because they won't value our advice...  but mainly because he's gonna be like "What are you doing reading my txts homey?!?!?!"  Next thing you know, you'll be known at that creeper guy that reads other peoples' txts. 
biggrin.gif

Exactly. You want to stand outside a Starbucks and tell the customers this is the worst coffee you can buy and that great coffee can be found elsewhere? You won't get far. Let them drink/listen to garbage.

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #47 of 103
Besides at work, not that often unless I know I will be somewhere for a long time.

Sep 29, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #49 of 103
Sep 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #50 of 103
I'm not the only one! I saw someone with some hot pink beats in the library, as if those couldn't get any worse. And on top of all that it was guy as well, I almost burst out laughing it was so bad.

I sometimes wear my srh940's in public, but they are rather big. If I know I'm going to be inside somehwere listening to them all day I'll probably take them on the daily commute, but if not I just take my phonak's instead. I don't find the difference in isolation that drastic, but sometimes the cable noise with the phonaks can be bad.I find it best to have the cable under my t-shirt or my outermost piece of clothing, so it doesn't bounce around so much.

Been thinking of getting some CIEMs, the cosmic ears thread has got me drooling, and surely a great other deal of people on here

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #51 of 103
Been thinking of getting some CIEMs, the cosmic ears thread has got me drooling, and surely a great other deal of people on here

I admit I've been considering ciems as well, mainly other heir audio 4A or 6A's. They just don't have the impact in terms of looks of the momentums since the beautiful inlay isn't obvious at a distance.

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #52 of 103
Quote:
I admit I've been considering ciems as well, mainly other heir audio 4A or 6A's. They just don't have the impact in terms of looks of the momentums since the beautiful inlay isn't obvious at a distance.

The momentums definitely place the bar very high in terms of looks and visual impact.
It's not quite the same with CIEMs, but depending on the colour it might stand out, if that's what you're looking for. And I have a feeling it's probably more of an exotic listening device to the "average joe"
When I wear my IEMs now they disappear under my hair anyways, as it comes down over my ears. But it's nice to have something light and small in my ears for a change

Sep 29, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #53 of 103
I sometimes take my Pro 900 for a walk with the E11. I mean they isolate better than beats and still sound better as well. Full headphones >>> beats as far as my opinion goes. Also I actually KNOW a Beat guy who aknowledged they are bad compared to mine! So next time I see a guy with the Beats I might as well be polite and say "I used to be stupid and dumb, buying gimmicks then I tried any non celebrity headphones and never looked back... Here have a listen"

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #56 of 103
I wear my Sennheiser HD 595's out in public no problem, especially in winter when the grados / porta-pros offend my ears ( literally - not musically ) , whereas the Sennheisers do a fantastic job of keeping my ears warm as well as rocking my music collection.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #57 of 103
Recently picked up Heir Audio 4.Ais. Originally was more of a can man for outdoorsy use, but I think they've made an IEM convert out of me when it comes to needing something on the go.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #58 of 103
Quote:
Where do they think their beats came from? Oh never mind, it's useless.

Oh I assure you I'm aware of where Beats come from.  But the average Beats wearer is rather dim and ignorant.  In their minds, Dre must have shat them out his ass, and custom-painted them with his own tears.  How else can Beats magically put back the quality lost in modern day file compression?

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #59 of 103
Quote:

Oh I assure you I'm aware of where Beats come from.  But the average Beats wearer is rather dim and ignorant.  In their minds, Dre must have shat them out his ass, and custom-painted them with his own tears.  How else can Beats magically put back the quality lost in modern day file compression?

I knew you know where they are made. I mean it's useless to even mention Dre Beats and their impact on society. It's a pathetic statement really.

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #60 of 103
Quote:
I knew you know where they are made. I mean it's useless to even mention Dre Beats and their impact on society. It's a pathetic statement really.

Right I see.  True, that...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back