DAP-off! Astell&Kern, Sony, HiFiMan, Chord, FiiO, Lotoo, Soundaware, Hiby, Cayin & others
Sep 8, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #826 of 2,125

Quick Q, flymetothemoon, when you use the IC to connect the Tera to an amp, you can use either headphone outlets? Anything else that you need to do on the side of the Tera?

Thanks in advance! 
atsmile.gif

Hi Kiats,

I use 99.99% of the outer outlet of the Tera, either direct listening or to the amp.  I've found the one at the center sounds a bit wired.

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #827 of 2,125
Hi Kiats,

I use 99.99% of the outer outlet of the Tera, either direct listening or to the amp.  I've found the one at the center sounds a bit wired.

Thanks for the tip! :)

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #828 of 2,125
  Yeah, I could care less if somebody heard something at a show and was impressed at first listen.  LOL.  Don't give a damn.

Cumong man you're now just being mean!  We still need to wait at least 6 months, most probably more, to get the Wave or any more reliable impression and what LFF said is the only thing to hold us over until then!  

But with the campaign now over for a bit and heads cool down a bit, I find myself curious how it would sound with pretty much the same level of components of the DX90.... and how the lowest model wave32 compare to the uber XD128+perks..... I only know becoz of the price it's already been expected to compete/beat the likes of AK240/120/100, HM901, Hugo, or whatever.....

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #829 of 2,125

I don't mean to be excessively critical but you really are not too quick on the uptake. The line out volume never changes. What part of that do you find difficult to comprehend?

(I am finished trying to explain. It is the sour taste of defeat for me.)

Poor cooperpwc has finally tired out from giving such comprehensive responses one after the other. 

Have a cry 
WAAAH sob sob 

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #830 of 2,125
Poor cooperpwc has finally tired out from giving such comprehensive responses one after the other. 

Have a cry 
WAAAH sob sob 

That is a rather unusual response considering the efforts made to assist you. :)

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #832 of 2,125
^ No offence intended. Just lazy day sarcasm.

(Oddly I thought that I had toned down the harsher aspect of my reply in an edit and then it seemed to get rolled back. I have not figured that one out.)

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #833 of 2,125
^ No offence intended. Just lazy day sarcasm.

(Oddly I thought that I had toned down the harsher aspect of my reply in an edit and then it seemed to get rolled back. I have not figured that one out.)

Fungus, cooperpwc is one of the nicest and most helpful guys around these parts. So, let's move on, shall we? :)

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #834 of 2,125

A couple people have heard a prototype, most notable LFF, the guy who makes the Paradox headphones. He said he was very impressed at first listen, so most are expecting something that competes with the top-tier DAPs.

I got mad respect for LFF, I follow his on head-fi, but I'll be honest I feel that the geek wave is mostly marketing.  They really didn't think it thru and there is a not of information that they are not telling us. But that's just my opinion on the campaign I'll need ears on time to pass final judgement.

Sep 8, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #835 of 2,125

Have a cry 
WAAAH sob sob 

I've known cooperpwc to be a knowledgeable source of info. Watching him trying to do you a solid by making his explanations simpler and simpler  was a act of kindness to help you..  And you make fun of him?  How rude and ungrateful!

Your rep keeps growing, your screen name is accurate here, and is probably to the point that anyone who has read your comments is not going to extend themselves for you any longer.  Just curious how old are you?

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #837 of 2,125
  I've known cooperpwc to be a knowledgeable source of info. Watching him trying to do you a solid by making his explanations simpler and simpler  was a act of kindness to help you..  And you make fun of him?  How rude and ungrateful!

Your rep keeps growing, your screen name is accurate here, and is probably to the point that anyone who has read your comments is not going to extend themselves for you any longer.  Just curious how old are you?

Yes, I'm rude and ungratefully..I'm all to blame. I mean it's not like I have any feelings.
Maybe next time I should thank cooperpwc for being so polite and friendly. 

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #838 of 2,125
Thanks guys. We are all good.

By the way, The Calyx M is a fantastic DAP with balanced armature IEMs. Lovely mids (to die for actually), smooth treble, quite strong bass but it all fits together. That deserves more discussion in this thread so I'm discussin' it.   :)

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #839 of 2,125
Hi Currawong,

I read on a post that Vinne said the RWAK240 needs about 100 hours for the caps to settle.

Do you think the RWAK240 in your possession has that many hours since the mod?

Thx

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #840 of 2,125
Thanks guys. We are all good.

By the way, The Calyx M is a fantastic DAP with balanced armature IEMs. Lovely mids (to die for actually), smooth treble, quite strong bass but it all fits together. That deserves more discussion in this thread so I'm discussin' it.   :)

That's what I want to hear!! More head to head impressions of the M vs the almighty 240!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back