DAP-off! Astell&Kern, Sony, HiFiMan, Chord, FiiO, Lotoo, Soundaware, Hiby, Cayin & others
Apr 6, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #2,116 of 2,125
i was wondering after some more users got their hiby r6, is there a consensus that its high impedance is something to really watch out for especially when using iems like atlas campfire and empire ear legend x which i will own in few weeks

as i am in the market to buy a new great dap, and I do not want to make a mistake in buying a dap that is not compatible

for me tidal streaming is a must and i am a bit torn which dap to go for

i do not like analytical sounding daps that are lean in bass or cold signatures

currently i have cowon plenue s which i adore but it has no tidal streaming which sucks

i have a fiio x5iii which sounds good but man its user experience is awful and laggy

so what I am looking for is the best dap with great user experience and tidal streaming

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #2,117 of 2,125
i was wondering after some more users got their hiby r6, is there a consensus that its high impedance is something to really watch out for especially when using iems like atlas campfire and empire ear legend x which i will own in few weeks

as i am in the market to buy a new great dap, and I do not want to make a mistake in buying a dap that is not compatible

for me tidal streaming is a must and i am a bit torn which dap to go for

i do not like analytical sounding daps that are lean in bass or cold signatures

currently i have cowon plenue s which i adore but it has no tidal streaming which sucks

i have a fiio x5iii which sounds good but man its user experience is awful and laggy

so what I am looking for is the best dap with great user experience and tidal streaming
The Hiby should be the best in UI for tidal but I have the X7ii and Onkyo DP-X1 and they both work great as well for Tidal. I have Tidal on everything as well and are all offline use only.

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #2,118 of 2,125
The Atlas is a dynamic driver IEM, so if it has a flat impedance curve, there shouldn't be any serious issues. You could always get something like iFi's IEMatch to use with the Hiby.

Apr 25, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #2,119 of 2,125
Coming soon....

10277216.jpg

Apr 26, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #2,120 of 2,125
Apr 29, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #2,121 of 2,125
How about something a bit cheaper?

IMG_2714.jpeg

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #2,122 of 2,125
M11 review is up:

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #2,124 of 2,125
Sorry for my ignorance but how exactly does ieMatch help?

The Hiby R6 has a 10 Ohm output impedance, whereas most DAPs have <2 Ohms. Since many multi-BA IEMs have a non-flat impedance curve, if the impedance at any frequency is sufficiently low, you will get a different frequency response from them out of the Hiby R6 than you would something with a lower output impedance. The IEMatch would lower the output impedance to fix this.

Jun 7, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #2,125 of 2,125
The Hiby R6 has a 10 Ohm output impedance, whereas most DAPs have <2 Ohms. Since many multi-BA IEMs have a non-flat impedance curve, if the impedance at any frequency is sufficiently low, you will get a different frequency response from them out of the Hiby R6 than you would something with a lower output impedance. The IEMatch would lower the output impedance to fix this.

I see, that makes sense.

Explains why I'm always thinking there's something not quite right about the sound out of my BGVP DM6 while using the R6. I might invest in one of those little things then.

Thank you for your help/explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back