DAP-off! Astell&Kern, Sony, HiFiMan, Chord, FiiO, Lotoo, Soundaware, Hiby, Cayin & others
Mar 14, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #1,742 of 2,125
Eke: Tried a Mojo yet?

Yesterday's arrival, the Shozy Alien Gold, with Cozoy for size comparison.

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #1,744 of 2,125
Mar 15, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #1,745 of 2,125
Nope, not yet. I'm past my stack days, honestly. Or do most people use it on the desktop.

I loath stacks and bought Hugo for desktop use. Nonetheless I must confess I had been taking it out way more often than I should. But you are right, had I not have experience with Hugo, I will never even care to demo Mojo as I won't even consider stacking.

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #1,748 of 2,125
Chord is coming out with a small transport module that should turn the mojo into a small stand alone unit.
With two SD Card slots that can hold 400 gigs plus an EQ ?

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #1,750 of 2,125
With two SD Card slots that can hold 400 gigs plus an EQ ?

Doubtful on EQ and probably only 1 slot.

I thought it was just a module with SD slots and some connections. Transport are you sure?

My understanding is that you will be able to play directly from the sd slot. At least that is what I have garnered from the fastest moving thread I've ever subscribed too. Fingers crossed.

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #1,751 of 2,125
My understanding is that you will be able to play directly from the sd slot. At least that is what I have garnered from the fastest moving thread I've ever subscribed too. Fingers crossed.

Then you are talking about a screenless DAP like a Tera?  Might be more portable but not optimal for the ever expanding libraries users seem to be carrying around these days, right?

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #1,752 of 2,125
Currawong

Hey not sure if you've tried the other versions of the soundaware Esther, but if you haven't, as someone who likes the analog so much you really owe it to yourself to hear them :)

The vitality, while not as lush, musical, and rich as the analog, is technically quite a step over the analog. You don't even need to strain to hear it. Better, quicker transients, bigger dynamics and bass snappier bass impact, bigger soundstage and more details.

Where it gets interesting though is with the M1pro. The current version of the M1pro is actually the analog version with a femto clock upgrade. I was skeptical about how much difference the clock could make. Boy was I wrong. The femto clock, while remaining the warm musical characteristics of the analog, brought it uo extremely close to the vitality in terms of technicalities.

Soundaware is looking to launch another version of the M1pro, the studio edition. This studio edition is, in Essence, the vitality version with the femto clock upgrade. Having heard how much difference the femto clocks can make, I really am excited about the studio version.

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,753 of 2,125

Crossing my fingers too but John mentioned it's still some six months away. ..

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #1,754 of 2,125
Then you are talking about a screenless DAP like a Tera?  Might be more portable but not optimal for the ever expanding libraries users seem to be carrying around these days, right?

Don't know. John Frank's hasn't released any details. He's only mentioned they are taking their time on it.

Crossing my fingers too but John mentioned it's still some six months away. ..

I just saw that. Still might beat my geek Wave to market...
At any rate, Mojo sounds better than any dap I've tried, so I'm looking forward to it.

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #1,755 of 2,125
I just saw that. Still might beat my geek Wave to market...
At any rate, Mojo sounds better than any dap I've tried, so I'm looking forward to it.

Lol let's not bring LH and their Wave into the discussion, some of their backers and fans are surely a touchy bunch over on the wave thread :D

You should give the PAW Gold and Hifiman 901 a good listen if you haven't. I prefer both on SQ (901 with certain amp boards) over Mojo. Without considering price, maybe the AK380 also. But mojo is cheaper and smaller than all of them. Kudos to Rob adn John. Gotta also give Hifiman credit tho for the 901 to last thru AK100/120/100mk2/240/100ii/120ii/380/320 and still manage to hold its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back