DAP-off! Astell&Kern, Sony, HiFiMan, Chord, FiiO, Lotoo, Soundaware, Hiby, Cayin & others
Mar 7, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #1,727 of 2,125
Well balanced I find it ahead of the 901s, that's not even taking usability into account. Although their signatures are very different, it still boils down to preference.

I think it's in the same ball park as the LPG, which I'm still interested in although I fear the soundstage might be on the narrow side. The Plenue S has a similar tonality as Mojo, but improves on overall technical ability besides being a fully functional dap and having balanced of course.

Wow, sounds good. Too bad its $2.7k here in Australia haha. Was thinking of getting lpg before but the too basic ui in the end was the let down for me. Yes also heard the soundstage is narrow compared to daps like ak240 for example. Considering the mojo to me was on the warm and a bit dark side when I heard it, I think tonality wise, Plenue S would suit the bill for me. Oh, does the Plenue S have alot of driving power for full sized headphones? Compared to the mojo and lpg which both have around half a watt into 32ohms I believe; so quite powerful. Is the ui laggy in anyway or was it a smooth experience? Thanks.

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #1,728 of 2,125
Well if you like Mojo, Plenue S / P1 are both indeed on the warm and dark side of neutral. 

The UI to me is very intuitive and natural - I don't have any complaints. I'm afraid I have no HP's so I can't really comment on that.. There are specs on the cowonglobal site that probably mention it.

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,729 of 2,125
I'm referring to technical ability as resolution, transparency and dynamics. Not hardware ability like power to drive headphones or something.

Well drive power isn't the only thing that creates dynamics and transparency and resolution. Across the board they are in a different category in regards to 'technical ability' as you said. However, like I said, if you prefer the PLENUE S that's great. I'd like to give it a listen.

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #1,730 of 2,125
Wow, sounds good. Too bad its $2.7k here in Australia haha. Was thinking of getting lpg before but the too basic ui in the end was the let down for me. Yes also heard the soundstage is narrow compared to daps like ak240 for example. Considering the mojo to me was on the warm and a bit dark side when I heard it, I think tonality wise, Plenue S would suit the bill for me. Oh, does the Plenue S have alot of driving power for full sized headphones? Compared to the mojo and lpg which both have around half a watt into 32ohms I believe; so quite powerful. Is the ui laggy in anyway or was it a smooth experience? Thanks.
Hello ,i have both ak240 and Lotoo paw gold narrow stage...no way...both have outstanding stage presentations

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #1,731 of 2,125
Hello ,i have both ak240 and Lotoo paw gold narrow stage...no way...both have outstanding stage presentations
well which has a wider sound stage? I can honestly say the P1 has a greater sound stage than the Paw Gold.

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #1,732 of 2,125
I think Paw Gold' stage is not wide, in fact it is a bit narrower than necessary. For sure, necessity may differ.. However, Paw Gold equalizes this weakness by using its depth. It provides a very good layering to create a strong instrument separation. It doesn't tend towards reducing instruments portions on the stage.. 

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,734 of 2,125
I think Paw Gold' stage is not wide, in fact it is a bit narrower than necessary. For sure, necessity may differ.. However, Paw Gold equalizes this weakness by using its depth. It provides a very good layering to create a strong instrument separation. It doesn't tend towards reducing instruments portions on the stage.. 
Opus vs Paw Gold which has a wider sound stage for you?

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #1,735 of 2,125

From my experience of comparing LPG to other DAPs, its actually the incredible depth that give you the illusion of narrow, comparatively. 

In other words, the 380, for example, may be a little narrower than LPG, but you don't feel it since it is also a lot less deep. 

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #1,736 of 2,125
Opus vs Paw Gold which has a wider sound stage for you?

I need to check it again, by doing A/B, but I think that Opus seems to have wider one by a small margin in accordance with its general character. But Opus has depth problem in comparison with Paw Gold.  

From my experience of comparing LPG to other DAPs, its actually the incredible depth that give you the impression of narrow, comparatively. 

In other words, other DAPs may be a little narrower than LPG, but you don't feel it since they are also a lot less deep. 

I do respect mate. :) As I said, Paw Gold equalizes the negative point, but instruments are not very distant to each other horizontally.  

In fact, to determine exact width (or stage dimensions) in recordings is really difficult. Since we are not able to know how recording is done, how many microphones are used, what the distance between microphone and instrument is etc..

In my opinion, the width is a slightly virtual feeling, at least more virtual than the depth. We can never hear a instrument from the right or the left side in real concert. They always sound just in front of us.. In this regard, the depth is more important than width..    

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #1,739 of 2,125
the perception will be diferent because of the IEM or headphones that you using,yes the AK is very good

Yes that too. Was using westone 4r iems at the time. Known for having good soundstage size for a universal. Could only imagine it would sound even better with customs. Did hear the colourfly c4 too. Was so amazing my jaw dropped. Soundstage was crazy wide and with great detail and imaging. Felt like I was there kind of. Was listening to hotel califonia. Too bad I didnt test the same track with the ak240 to see how it would compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back