Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Jan 24, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #406 of 482
You should try the stack from Cypher Labs, Solo db and Duet amp. The Duet as well as being one of the most underrated amps here that I find it excellent among the best it has the deadest background I've ever listened to. So little praise these days for one of the best companies of the portable scene.

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #408 of 482
Probably that's the case. Maybe I'm inclined to think that users have my listening habits between home and office where a transportable rig may be better than a one piece DAP sq wise.

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #410 of 482
interesting, was yours tune down in power? I know some users done that to get rid of the noise.
Or, not all ears are alike.

I know my wife hears hiss more easily than I do.

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #415 of 482
Bought the Theorem four months ago over the Hugo after spending a few hours with each. Both were excellent but liked the Theorem detail slightly better with my jazz/classical lossless grade music collection. Great pairing with my B&O H6s, slightly less so with my various middle of the road IEMs.

I travel a lot by plane and the 18 hour charge and ability to charge my phone in a pinch are the cherry on the Sunday.

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #417 of 482
Huh.  That makes me jealous, wish I could have afforded to keep both!!!

If the Mojo had the ability to charge I-Devices and a balanced output like the Theorem I might have gone the other way.  As it was, the extra features and the slightly better sound to my ears made the Theorem worth the extra $$$s over the Mojo...

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #418 of 482
  Huh.  That makes me jealous, wish I could have afforded to keep both!!!

If the Mojo had the ability to charge I-Devices and a balanced output like the Theorem I might have gone the other way.  As it was, the extra features and the slightly better sound to my ears made the Theorem worth the extra $$$s over the Mojo...

I agree.

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #419 of 482
I have both since I bought Theorem long before Mojo released and am listening every day with both.
The advantage of Theorem is charging idevices while connecting to them and I like the SQ of iPhone 6+ with Theorem more than iPhone 6+ with Mojo via CCK. However, iDevices with Theorem can not beat the SQ of AK100 mk2+ Mojo IMO (mostly listening with IE800 and HD600).

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #420 of 482
They have different sound signature for me so I am keeping both. I still think the Theorem is more natural sounding and the notes are weighty. I have adjusted with the signature of Mojo after months of using it but I still feel the notes are fat but light. Too smooth? IDK. I use the Mojo everyday due to size but Theorem is also getting its fair share too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back