Custom IEM for Bassheads
Sep 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #16 of 32
JH16 for sure.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:
1964Ears Quads

i have been eyeing that for quite sometime already... i just wasn't sure how it will come compare with my EBs... 
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #18 of 32
The JH16s will have an emphasized and tight low end, but lack the visceral impact of any dynamic earphone. This is based on a demo set though. You should audition the gear to see if you like the BA bass of the 16s before buying.

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #22 of 32
seems like now one here hear of the good old ue11pro. they are real bass monsters combined with great resolution, preciseness and smooth highs.

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

That is an impressive review!

have you tried comparing it to the IE8 or IE80? i know its an unfair comparison but it can be a reference point for me...

You should expect better detail and better bass extension with a tuning that has less of a mid-bass hump and superior sub-bass with the MG6Pro.

Sep 18, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

I'm assuming here, but I don't think you'll get the slightly bright and detailed BA treble with the dynamic custom. My best bet still is on a hybrid.

You could be right as the treble and bass is coming from the same driver... but as far as a hybrid custom i have only tried the Merlin from UM...
it has everything but it does not catch my attention when i'm listening to it... As i live in singapore i have trouble testing out other brands of hybrid customs...

i'm looking for something in my best description would be a JH16 with a dynamic driver for the bass department which i think is pretty hard to find...

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #28 of 32
can't speak for other ciems, but my first (and last) is the mg6pro.

i'm listening to music with no outside noise (quietly sitting alone in a computer room).

i can feel the pressure of the kick drum being struck.

every different low note - no matter how low - is distinct, and felt.

when the snares clash, it almost tickles.

and i would not have it any other way.

feels good man. :)

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #29 of 32
The i9pro offers the same "pressure" but due to the FST technology, it has a very spacious presentation reminiscent of more expensive CIEMs.  And the price is a good chunk less than the competition :wink:

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I have heard a mg6pro demo and you can PM me about the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back