Cowon Plenue D
Feb 23, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #1,472 of 4,949
Feb 23, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #1,473 of 4,949
As i understand the Plenue D lacks a bookmark function which older Cowon devices did have.
Since UCI (User Created Interfaces) are possible on the Plenue D, and UCI’s are based on Flash and Actionscript - im wondering if it would be possible to program a custom bookmark function in an UCI based on flash/actionscript as a replacement for the lack of native support -would that be theoretical possible?
I guess this question goes to people who already have experience with UCI programing possibilities and limitations….

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #1,475 of 4,949
  Here we go! Just download the UCI sample zip file and extract the fla & swf files + sub folder to Cowon PD \system\Flash UI
Just the same concept known from S9 & J3.

I just tried an old UCI from the J3. It works but adaptions will be necessary ...

So let the games begin ...
biggrin.gif

Do you happen to know if there is a way to increase the size of the font of the uci sample from the
korean cowon site? The interface is gorgeous but the font could be a bit larger for my liking. i already
looked through the ActionScript Files but could not find something that could resemble the font size.

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #1,476 of 4,949
@audio Aficionad

No, I don't. Yes, the font size is simply to small. The sample posted by Cowon is just nice but not really useable. So I went back to the original UI.
But here are surely several experts arround who my help
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #1,477 of 4,949
  I notice the gap, the very short little click, on albums loaded onto to the internal memory but not when the same album is on the external micro card (Sandisk). I have tested it multiple times with the exact same result. My MP3 files/albums aren't true gapless when played from the internal memory but they are when played from the external memory card.  But maybe it's only my Plenue D that behaves that way!

Do you also have this problem when playing non-hires FLAC files from the internal memory?

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #1,478 of 4,949

Do you also have this problem when playing non-hires FLAC files from the internal memory?

No gap or click with Flac files playing from the internal memory. Tested one album, DSOTM, so I can't say if this is true for all albums inFlac but I assume it is.

So to me at least this might be a solution. Flac files on the internal memory or just albums in MP3's where I'm not bothered by the little click between songs.

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #1,479 of 4,949
I did experience a minute click the first time while going from "about a girl" (track1) to "come as you are" (track2) on the "Nirvana unplugged" album on 16 bit FLAC files stored in my class 10 samsung microsd card, but subsequent tracks did not have any pop or gaps. Also when I played the album a second time, the pop that was there the first time was gone as well. So I turned off (not sleep) the Plenue D and played the album again after turning on and this time there was a delay of less than a second between track1 & track 2 which again was not present for subsequent tracks. Doing it a third time, no pop or delay. To me it seems either random or delay in reading off the memory some times, not quite sure.

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #1,481 of 4,949
Can some compare Pleneu D with D2+ and post the results? I am interested only in the sound quality aspect of it. Not much interested in touch screen, UI etc.

Thanks.
I have the D, D+ , Plenue D,and M. The Plenue D sounds a lot better in every region (sound stage, bass, mids, treble, seperation) compared to either The D and D+. I alternate between the PD and M on my weekly use of daps.

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #1,482 of 4,949
  Can some compare Pleneu D with D2+ and post the results? I am interested only in the sound quality aspect of it. Not much interested in touch screen, UI etc.

Thanks.

The D2 is poor under load: https://rmaa.dfkt.tk/Comparisons/Comparison%20-%20Cowon%20D2%20-%2016,%2080,%20300,%20600%20Loads.htm. The Plenue D has little problem with load. The D is far better.

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #1,483 of 4,949
pat1984
I am experiencing the exact same problem with my Fiio X1 when playing the first two tracks of Marillion's Misplaced Childhood.

The first time there's either a little click or a very small gap between the two tracks. When I play it again everything is fine. From then on also no problems with other tracks.

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #1,484 of 4,949
No gap or click with Flac files playing from the internal memory. Tested one album, DSOTM, so I can't say if this is true for all albums inFlac but I assume it is.

So to me at least this might be a solution. Flac files on the internal memory or just albums in MP3's where I'm not bothered by the little click between songs.
Thanks for the info. I am ripping my albums in FLAC. I only have a few MP3 files, but they don't require gapless playback.

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #1,485 of 4,949
Since I wasn't able to buy that *** leather case in Japan (sold out everywhere!), I finally found it on Ebay for a decent price (36 euros / US$ 38) from Korea. It'll probably take a good 2 weeks to get here so I gotta be careful with my Plenue D until then.

I find it quite expensive for a case but since it's the only one available...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back