Cowon Plenue D
Aug 3, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #4,936 of 4,949
I didn't tested bigger than 128GB card yet, so I have no idea how it is with bigger cards.
Just don't forget to the limitation of how many files can player manage. Plenue D had file count limit afaik around 12k files if I remember it correctly.

Yeah, I don't have crazy amounts of file folders or crazy amounts of tiny mp3s. For me, a good chunk of my audio files are audiobooks, which are longer/larger files, so they take up a fair bit of storage space.

I suppose the other scenario requiring plenty of storage space without high numbers of folders being involved, would be .flac files, but I don't use .flac files with Plenue D or Plenue J, since the players are really more everyday carry devices than serious audiophile DAPs.

Anyway, I'm not going to push my luck with microSD cards any bigger than 128gb - if others have tried them and failed, then I'll settle for 128gb and be happy that such a tiny player can carry 160gb of music (the Plenue D that has no hidden card slot available) or can carry 256gb (128gb inserted into hidden card slot for the other Plenue D and the Plenue J) + a 128gb inserted into the external slot. That's quite good, really, for relatively old and tiny players.

Aug 17, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #4,937 of 4,949
Could someone provide a comparison between a Cowon P2/P2mkii and a Cowon D. Since parting with my cherished Cowon P2, I find myself yearning for its rich and emotive midrange. Unfortunately, acquiring a new one locally is not feasible, prompting me to consider exploring the D series instead.

Aug 27, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #4,938 of 4,949
Hello everyone, new user here. I wanted to ask about an issue with my 4-year-old Plenue D, that after loading some song, now gets stuck in the initial loading screen for ages. It shows the bar at around 50%. I have tried force shut down countless times (since just powering off doesn’t work) and it won’t get recognized by my computer anymore.
I was looking around and I have found one thread about this elsewhere (says it is bricked), but just in case do any of you know if there is any fix for this? I don’t even care about the files, I just want my player back.
Thank you!

Dec 10, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #4,939 of 4,949
Hello everybody,
I am trying to buy the case/cover for the subj.
The original Plenue D cover is more expensive than D 3. Are the cases compatible in size?
Did you come across the case which accommodate Plenue D snug?

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #4,941 of 4,949
I’ve been using my PD for years and the only case that gripped tight was the OG PD case (which I ditched about 2 years ago to go “naked”).
Where can I get OG PD?

Dec 11, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #4,943 of 4,949
Dec 12, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #4,944 of 4,949
It's worth keeping an eye on:
https://buyee.jp/
How much will it cost there?
I guess there are two steps for the purchase. Buying there and looking for a delivery company, right?
Tried it. No results found for Cowon Plenue D cover.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #4,948 of 4,949
I use 32gb micro sd cards. With mp3's the Plenue J played it all which was about 2600 tracks. Probably the same for Plenue D. I've only played WAV files on the Plenue D which means around 500 tracks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back