Cowon Plenue D
Feb 23, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #1,458 of 4,949
  You ARE aware that it is not exactly a good idea to force-run those batteries dry, right?

It is if you are a reviewer and trying to test product claims
biggrin.gif

Kinda lame if it's exactly half the advertised life. 50 hours still impressive though- my year+ old Sony still gets 40ish, but has much lower output... not sure how much of a difference it makes if listening at roughly same volume, guess it depends on impedance swings, bass levels, file format, effects processing stuff like that?

Feb 23, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #1,459 of 4,949
It is if you are a reviewer and trying to test product claims :D

Kinda lame if it's exactly half the advertised life. 50 hours still impressive though- my year+ old Sony still gets 40ish, but has much lower output... not sure how much of a difference it makes if listening at roughly same volume, guess it depends on impedance swings, bass levels, file format, effects processing stuff like that?
Yeah 100 for MP3 and 50 hrs for Flacs but Im very happy even if at 25 hrs.

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #1,460 of 4,949
  Just received my Plenue D earlier today and been messing around with it a little bit. Really surprised at how small this thing is!

One thing I noticed was that when viewing an album via the library (either Album or Artist > Album), the song that should be at the top of the list, is at the bottom.

In my situation, I don't have track numbers for my songs. So a song starting with A should be listed before a song starting with C. Instead, the song starting with A is all the way at the end of the list and the song starting with C is at the top. I thought it may have been because I don't have track numbers, but even after putting track numbers, I get the same problem.

Anyone else have this problem?

Anybody?

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #1,461 of 4,949
I have all my files properly tagged and named with a two (three for multi-disk albums) digit numbering in front, so I don't have your problem or can easily reproduce it on the fly.

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #1,462 of 4,949
  I have all my files properly tagged and named with a two (three for multi-disk albums) digit numbering in front, so I don't have your problem or can easily reproduce it on the fly.

Thanks for the response. 

I'm still messing around with the tags, but so far I got tracks 2, 4, and 6 to go in between track 15 and 16. No idea what's going on :p

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #1,463 of 4,949
I am not entirely sure what the D uses to organize the displayed file lists. Can you try entering the numbers double-digit (07 etc.)?

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #1,464 of 4,949
  I am not entirely sure what the D uses to organize the displayed file lists. Can you try entering the numbers double-digit (07 etc.)?

I've been using MP3Tag and I tried iTunes just to see if it would help (it didn't). 

I think I found what the issue is. The order problem happens regardless of the file format. With M4A files, adding track numbers doesn't solve the order problem (the album I was messing with was in M4A). Whereas with MP3 files, adding tracking numbers does solve it. I could go about converting all my M4A albums to MP3, but I'm too lazy for that :p

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,465 of 4,949
  Has anyone looked at the new upload of PlenueD UCI (user creative interface) on the Cowon Korean website? I am new to Cowon DAPs and have no idea what it does but I am guessing it is a user interface customization tool?
confused.gif
May be some of you with more experience with Cowon DAPs can let us know. Thanks...

I'm really not a fan of the custom UI. You can barely read some of the text. Maybe it's because the screen isn't high res, I don't know. I'll be uninstalling it later.

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #1,467 of 4,949
Anybody put a Full 189 gigs onto a 200 memory card in the Plenue D? (wont say D as in Dick). Also does this dap able to read all of the 189 gigs plus 32 intetnal gigs?

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #1,468 of 4,949
Anybody put a Full 189 gigs onto a 200 memory card in the Plenue D? (wont say D as in Dick). Also does this dap able to read all of the 189 gigs plus 32 intetnal gigs?

It was this thread that taught me about [D]ick. Wow. Gotto stop saying it.

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #1,469 of 4,949
It was this thread that taught me about [D]ick. Wow. Gotto stop saying it.
Me too, typing Plenue D is too much work for me but to avoid falling for the trap I have written the full models name. I read on the thread that this dap reads the 200 gig card but does it reads all internal folders plus 180 or so gigs on the external card? The Flacs are taking lots of memory.

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,470 of 4,949
I have my 200gb working on the player since v1.02. You just have to ensure that its formatted as fat32

It may be worth you PM'ing him as he got 200GB cards to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back