Cowon Plenue D
Feb 5, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #1,126 of 4,949
Cool but EQ always flat? Also you want louder from the left side than the right?

Yeh, it's always gonna be different strokes for different folks. As i said earlier, I abused BBE/Jet Effect and I kinda liked it lol, but for some it is more milder manipulation. For some they want EQ Flat and tinker more with the DSPs, ain't nothing wrong with that.
I also noticed the -1 channel balance, makes sense to me because I do recall heading towards the channel balance quite a fair bit when I was using my Cowon's, something just felt 'off', this might explain it. Sometimes I had channel balance out by a factor of 3 before it sounded central to me! I have not had to use any channel balance on my AP100 tho.

Channel Balance is prolly one of those options least tinkered with, not everyone's hearing is equal both sides, users might gain significant sound improvement by changing the slider slightly a notch or two, everyone should have a go and doing that imo.

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #1,127 of 4,949
nvm

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #1,134 of 4,949
Regarding gapless playback, according to the manual:

PLENUE D provides Gapless Playback to remove gaps between tracks during playback. Gapless Playback is applied in all situations without additional setup.

Gapless does not work with hi-res 24/96 files.

Is there someplace we can post bugs? Cowon global does not have a community forum page.

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #1,135 of 4,949
How many hours of playtime are you guys getting with the Plenue D? The battery on mine is about 1/4 with only around 15-16 hours of mp3/FLAC playback....

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #1,136 of 4,949
  How many hours of playtime are you guys getting with the Plenue D? The battery on mine is about 1/4 with only around 15-16 hours of mp3/FLAC playback....

When I'm not messing around with the jeteffect, to find "my perfect" settings. switching between songs/albums/IEM's/headphones. and just let the Plenue D play constantly I get around 50-75 hours with MP3 320 playback time depending on the IEM or headphone I use..  But playing around with and tweaking your IEM/headphones with the various jeteffects/EQ during playback will take quite a big hit on battery life.. no surprise.. On the other hand the only way to learn and enjoy the Plenue D..

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #1,139 of 4,949
£40-£50 on Ebay if you want to pay top whack from Korea.

I think most of us are waiting patiently for the accessories. The D is still relatively new but is selling well by all accounts. It's just a matter of time before the market gets saturated with D add-ons and prices plummet (hopefully
tongue_smile.gif
). It depends on your patience threshold and how much you're willing to pay, I guess.

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #1,140 of 4,949
  £40-£50 on Ebay if you want to pay top whack from Korea.

I think most of us are waiting patiently for the accessories. The D is still relatively new but is selling well by all accounts. It's just a matter of time before the market gets saturated with D add-ons and prices plummet (hopefully
tongue_smile.gif
). It depends on your patience threshold and how much you're willing to pay, I guess.

Nope i will wait i have my player in a sock lol...will wait till more accessories become available 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back