Cowon Plenue D
Feb 7, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #1,156 of 4,949
A few unboxing pics
smily_headphones1.gif

where did you bought it sir. I want to get one.

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #1,161 of 4,949
I don't normally use any cases on my devices, but want one this time because the corners and edges are too sharp for being put in a pocket
It doesn't look very bad compared to plastics or silicon aftermarket cases you see everyday on phones

I've taken a needle file to mine and blunted the edges. Works good but I'd still like a case.

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #1,163 of 4,949
Oh well, I am a click buy addict and couldn't wait.

I'll let you all know the answer to my burning question within a week or two.

I had a z1 and whilst it sounded good, nothing compared to Cowon's dsp. I'm sure the amp helps though. Play around with the eq and dsp, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Tbh I have always used a dap. Don't like the idea of running my phones battery down or lack of dedicated track skip/play pause buttons and generally worse sound quality.

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #1,164 of 4,949
Tbh I have always used a dap. Don't like the idea of running my phones battery down or lack of dedicated track skip/play pause buttons and generally worse sound quality.

I want a dedicated player that provides great SQ with good battery life rather than having a phone, an amp, an extra cable etc etc (at least on the road anyway). It all becomes too many bits - I like the "one device concept"! Also of having a 128 GB card with pretty much all my music on one player where space is not competed for with other media or apps etc.

I love the size of this thing espeically and that it's "just" a player, no more. Looking forward to testing it out soon.

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #1,166 of 4,949
First impressions here as well, in regard to the mentioned problems. I updated to the current firmware prior to testing.

UI lag - I cannot perceive any lag, where do you usually get it?

Output power - This little beast drives my Beyerdynamic 770 pro 250 ohm with ease, so anything "less" should be no problem at all.

Overall REALLY loving the sound, it's even a subjective step up from my dear J3 that is sitting right next to it with a semi-dysfunctional battery. Rest well dear friend, you served  me well and faithfully for long, long years.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #1,168 of 4,949
Still hoping there will be a little cheaper cover soon, 40-60 bucks is a bit much for a flimsy little leather thingy.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #1,170 of 4,949
On a side-note - is there some kind of editor or unpacker that is able to read / unpack / repack the .bin firmware files? I would love to replace some of the background and stock album pictures, but they apparently are not saved somewhere accessible on the player itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back