Cowon Plenue D
Jan 9, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #541 of 4,949
Hi there
Received my  plenue d,  2 days ago.  I updated to the 1.0.2 firmware and loaded up some files.  I am quite happy with the sound and the UI in general,  but I have come across a small problem.  I am unable to select any of the favourite playlists.  I can add tracks and see how many I have added,  and name them but cannot select them to see what is in the list nor play them.  I have tried both with and without an external card,  tried the reset to default, reinstalled the firmware,  and tried the soft reset (holding both volume buttons for 6 seconds)  but still cannot select the favourites.  Does anyone know how to do a factory reset,  or have any other ideas that I can try? 
Thank you 
Graeme 

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #543 of 4,949
Yes but am not in a huge hurry
smily_headphones1.gif

Never heard of em that is why I was curious. Then again I know almost no retailers for audio equipment. 
Are there any more sites you guys can recommend to buy from?

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #544 of 4,949
Hi there
Received my  plenue d,  2 days ago.  I updated to the 1.0.2 firmware and loaded up some files.  I am quite happy with the sound and the UI in general,  but I have come across a small problem.  I am unable to select any of the favourite playlists.  I can add tracks and see how many I have added,  and name them but cannot select them to see what is in the list nor play them.  I have tried both with and without an external card,  tried the reset to default, reinstalled the firmware,  and tried the soft reset (holding both volume buttons for 6 seconds)  but still cannot select the favourites.  Does anyone know how to do a factory reset,  or have any other ideas that I can try? 
Thank you 
Graeme 
it's a software issue. I just do individually songs to create favorites . Plus I use music bee for adding playlist

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #545 of 4,949
I have had my eye on the Cowon Plenue D for a while now.. But when I saw the DX80 on Amazon, I decided to take the leap of faith and get it. I've only had it for a day.. And have posted my initial impressions on the DX80 impressions page. I compared it to the iPhone 6 and Fiio X3i, and to a lesser degree the Fiio X5ii. So far, I have not had any random shut offs, or lag. The only issue I felt is an issue that can be fixed with a firmware update, is the touchscreen sensitivity or possibly calibration. It's not off by much.. But it's enough for me to notice..

One last thing.. To Photoman.. How did you have the DX80 3 times? Lol.. And what clicking are you referring to?
I bought it three times thinking the new firmware would fix it. When you turn it on and off its a lite click. Plus it's more hiss on the dx80

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #546 of 4,949
  Never heard of em that is why I was curious. Then again I know almost no retailers for audio equipment. 
Are there any more sites you guys can recommend to buy from?

I have only bought a pair of SD2s and the X7 from them and they were very good both times, especially with my returned X7 so if you are thinking of buying something from them I wouldn't hesitate.

Custom-cable has a good rep as well but I haven't bought much audio equipment so my knowledge of stores is limited.

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #547 of 4,949

I have only bought a pair of SD2s and the X7 from them and they were very good both times, especially with my returned X7 so if you are thinking of buying something from them I wouldn't hesitate.

Custom-cable has a good rep as well but I haven't bought much audio equipment so my knowledge of stores is limited.

That is good to know. Thanks.
Darn, I just noticed they only ship within Europe. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #548 of 4,949
Thanks for that.
I can certainly add songs to favourites and see how many songs are in the favourites lists, it's just that when I try and select the list the background changes colour to show where I am pressing but the list does not open.

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #549 of 4,949
I have neither spent much with the Plenue D yet nor have I done comparative volume-matched listening between it and DX80 (as I haven't planned on comparing both), so all I can personally say for now is that DX80 sounds more "analogue, organic, yet detailed", Plenue D sounds more "neutral, bright". Nothing more I can say at the mom

Weird a have spoken to 2 guys an talld me that Cowon is more analog and detailed sound not dx 80.
For me the eq is a must.
I can't decide.
I read more than a year x7 thread, p1,zx2, l5 pro and i don't know what to order.I want a clear sound with good mids and punchy bass/low end.
Not thin/analytical sound.
The eq on ibasso is good?
Any other comparision?
Sorry for may english!

Guys?
Guys

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #552 of 4,949
Hm there are some very brief comparisons between the DX80 and the D but is there anything more than that? There is a 10% discount on both of them at AMP3 so I am going to buy one by tomorrow to hold me over until my Explorer comes. The one thing that bothers me is that issue about it being very loud from quite early on the volume dial is that a real issue with sensitive earphones?
I have the volume at 45.

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #553 of 4,949
Weird a have spoken to 2 guys an talld me that Cowon is more analog and detailed sound not dx 80.
For me the eq is a must.
I can't decide.
I read more than a year x7 thread, p1,zx2, l5 pro and i don't know what to order.I want a clear sound with good mids and punchy bass/low end.
Not thin/analytical sound.
The eq on ibasso is good?
Any other comparision?
Sorry for may english!

Guys?
Guys
Yep the Cowon sounds more analog. I demoed all the daps and if another sounded better Ill buy it.Well I demoed the 380 but even if it sounds great I cant spend that much. I dont want to. I demoed the 240 and I did not like how it sounded. I had the AK100II and 120II.

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #554 of 4,949
Yup it does sound analog. I think that's what people mean when they describe DAP's as 'Musical' etc.

Only had an hour or so on it today, I should get some extended listening time tomorrow, hopefully. It sounds so natural and airy, it reminds me of Yamahas 'natural sound' range of hi-fi equipment in the 90's. If anyone (UK) needs an SD card for the D, I picked up a 128GB Sandisk Ultra micro SDXC UHS-1 card for £31.99 yesterday in a flash deal on Ebay (£49.99 on Amazon) so it may be worth keeping an eye on http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161940131317

Users who are viewing this thread

Back