Cowon Plenue D
Jan 26, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #916 of 4,949
Anyone have got a Plenue D now i have some questions hopefully someone can answers

1.  I have new headphones Fostex T50rp Mk3 50ohms,  i love them but they was a little low volume on my Cowon X9 even on highest volume
    I EQed it to Pop and it sounds better.
     Would Plenue D drive Fostex T50rp Mk3 a bit better or do i need a amp for it?

2.  About Album art, can i change songs by Touch swiping album art or only click on screen and physical buttons?

3.  I see on some videos album art show as a normal square album art and on some like a round Cd,  does it has 2 album art option rectangular and round cd?

1. Should be able to drive them.
2. You have 3 ways. Swipe the art work, touchscreen icons, and physical side buttons.
3. Yes it has 2 skins plus a info screen with bigger artwork.

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #919 of 4,949
Guys is this better than the fiio x5ii?...i was reading the reviews on kataku (google translate is a godsend) ..they rate it quite highly ....I have one coming i will compare it to my ZX100

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #920 of 4,949
Guys is this better than the fiio x5ii?...i was reading the reviews on kataku (google translate is a godsend) ..they rate it quite highly ....I have one coming i will compare it to my ZX100
In my opinion clearly yes.

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #921 of 4,949
  Anyone have got a Plenue D now i have some questions hopefully someone can answers

1.  I have new headphones Fostex T50rp Mk3 50ohms,  i love them but they was a little low volume on my Cowon X9 even on highest volume
    I EQed it to Pop and it sounds better.
     Would Plenue D drive Fostex T50rp Mk3 a bit better or do i need a amp for it?

Planars are usually hard to drive (or just plain NEED/CRAVE a lot of power to sound as they 'should'/better). I think you will still experience the same thing as with the X9... My Mad Dogs/Alpha Dogs did sound "Ok" from FiiO X5 (first gen) but I still listened to them with a bit more power (i.e. used a Schiit Magni at least).

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #922 of 4,949

Planars are usually hard to drive (or just plain NEED/CRAVE a lot of power to sound as they 'should'/better). I think you will still experience the same thing as with the X9... My Mad Dogs/Alpha Dogs did sound "Ok" from FiiO X5 (first gen) but I still listened to them with a bit more power (i.e. used a Schiit Magni at least).

all planners in my opinion new an amp, so thinking of a dap tpo drive plannars is a waste of time and money

my ak380 and amp does not drive my oppo pm 1 at all

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #924 of 4,949
I'm pretty sure that the FiiO X5 ii will have more power, decent firmware updates (still) and it supports 2 microSD cards so... I really want to try this one. Will probably buy it from eBay or something.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #925 of 4,949
  I'm pretty sure that the FiiO X5 ii will have more power, decent firmware updates (still) and it supports 2 microSD cards so... I really want to try this one. Will probably buy it from eBay or something.

man for this price the cowon d is a real catch

take it form an ak380+ amp owner

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #928 of 4,949
So back in D2 days, I could pick the folder and add it to the play list, and pick another folder and add it, like that I can keep adding folders to the playlist. It was very convenient way to create playlist on fly.

Thanks.

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #930 of 4,949
Man, it's a tough choice between this and iBasso DX80. Is anybody aware, if these DAPs can be auditioned in Minneapolis, MN area?

Thanks.

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back