Cowon Plenue D
Aug 29, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #3,348 of 4,949
Hi there. Just started transferring files to my 128GB SD card which has been formatted to exFAT but I keep ending up with a max limit of files. After a certain point, the player doesn't recognise the files, leaving empty folders. Attempting to delete said empty folders then causes the device to crash. Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?? Thanks.

Aug 29, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #3,349 of 4,949

The manual says:

"- The maximum number of files and folders that can be recognized
by the product:
12,000 (Built-in : 8,000 files + 4,000 folders)
24,000 (microSD : 16,000 files + 8,000 folders)"

Aug 29, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #3,351 of 4,949
  I'm definitely under the limit, there are more files in the built-in than in the card.. hmmmm

Because you formatted in exFAT. You have to format FAT32 with 32KB for allocation unit.

Format with this allocation of 32Kb with the windows and then use the formatgui program to format again.

Aug 29, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #3,352 of 4,949
I followed this guy's intructions: 

"Now onto FORMATTING YOUR SDXC for use in the Plenue D.

This combination of steps was the ONLY way I could get the Plenue D to recognise my Samsung micro sd. This may vary depending on what brand of micro sd you own:

1. Download SDFormatter from (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4). Format your sd card IN the Plenue D using this software. Format to EXFAT FIRST. Quick format will suffice.
2. Download guiformat from (http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm). Now format your sd card STILL IN the Plenue D using this software. Format to FAT32 with Allocation unit size 32768. Quick format will suffice.
3. Now you can copy your files onto the sd card ONLY when mounted INSIDE the player.
3. Do not attempt to create separate FAT32 partitions with partition managers.
4. Do not label the sd card during any of the format processes.
5. Do not attempt to use with the EXFAT file system.
6. Do not cough or make any loud noises as these Cowon players are very sensitive when it comes to external file systems."

Aug 29, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #3,353 of 4,949
I followed this guy's instructions:

Now onto FORMATTING YOUR SDXC for use in the Plenue D.

This combination of steps was the ONLY way I could get the Plenue D to recognise my Samsung micro sd. This may vary depending on what brand of micro sd you own:

1. Download SDFormatter. Format your sd card IN the Plenue D using this software. Format to EXFAT FIRST. Quick format will suffice.
2. Download guiformat. Now format your sd card STILL IN the Plenue D using this software. Format to FAT32 with Allocation unit size 32768. Quick format will suffice.
3. Now you can copy your files onto the sd card ONLY when mounted INSIDE the player.
3. Do not attempt to create separate FAT32 partitions with partition managers.
4. Do not label the sd card during any of the format processes.
5. Do not attempt to use with the EXFAT file system.
6. Do not cough or make any loud noises as these Cowon players are very sensitive when it comes to external file systems.

Aug 29, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #3,354 of 4,949
Got it. Should normally run your micro SD card if you follow these steps. Maybe you purchased a fake card?

Aug 29, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #3,357 of 4,949
  does this apply to the internal storage as well? if so i will try it

I just remembered something! A friend of mine if I mistake not had the same problem you the FLAC files and it just downdloaded again the firmware and copied back to the internal memory. The problem was solved according to him and I think it was because the firmware file was corrupt.

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #3,359 of 4,949
  just re-updated to latest firmware still NOTHING flac does not show

You downloaded the file again or just copy the file that you already had in cumputador to the internal memory of Plenue D?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back